Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About last night...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Sorry I didn't play much tonight lads, I've been playing with friends from RL. We're all staying up till 6 till the CAO comes out! Apologies to both Ardinn and Leeg, my friends may have been a bit rude when ye joined our private match! Sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Kersmash wrote: »
    Sorry I didn't play much tonight lads, I've been playing with friends from RL. We're all staying up till 6 till the CAO comes out! Apologies to both Ardinn and Leeg, my friends may have been a bit rude when ye joined our private match! Sorry!

Haha no bother, my telly was down enough that I could only hear the game commentator and not ye langers talkin' muck :pac:

Hope they (and you if you're included, doubt it tho) got what they wanted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scody94

anybody up for a 4v4,5v5 etc game tonite
    just boardsies and boardsies friends :D
    comunity games are doing my head in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Sabotage!

its my nwe favourite game mode, tons of kills, real ebb and flow feel to the matches instead of endless headless chicken stuff, no tubes, no noobs, its restored my faith in this game :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I'll be on later, but I'll have to practice sabotage and s&d cos I never play them. A ffa with 8 boards members would be interesting!

• Advertisement

Paparazzo wrote: »
    I'll be on later, but I'll have to practice sabotage and s&d cos I never play them. A ffa with 8 boards members would be interesting!

Sabotate and S&D are similar but with S&D you dont respawn when killed, you do in Sabotage but after a delay, think its 10 seconds or something, great games though, much more tactics than bombing around spraying at everything. the Sabotage games go on for aaaaaages as well, so dont be expecting a quick TDM style thing, most games go 20+mins and the amount of kills you can rack up is crazy, there were guys in the high 50's and 60's last night.

basic idea is theres a bomb in the middle of the map, both teams have a bombsite at their spawn, you have to get the bomb there and defend it while the countdown is on until it explodes, its frantic but awesome

krudler wrote: »
    Sabotate and S&D are similar but with S&D you dont respawn when killed, you do in Sabotage but after a delay, think its 10 seconds or something, great games though, much more tactics than bombing around spraying at everything. the Sabotage games go on for aaaaaages as well, so dont be expecting a quick TDM style thing, most games go 20+mins and the amount of kills you can rack up is crazy, there were guys in the high 50's and 60's last night.

basic idea is theres a bomb in the middle of the map, both teams have a bombsite at their spawn, you have to get the bomb there and defend it while the countdown is on until it explodes, its frantic but awesome
    Cool. I'll be the guy avoiding carrying the laptop cos I don't know what I'm at!

Cool. I'll be the guy avoiding carrying the laptop cos I don't know what I'm at!

in Sabotage the bomb is neutral, in the middle, in S&D its in front of the team at th spawn so someone picks it up, like I did the very first time I ever played S&D, then freaked out as I realised I was meant to be doing something important :D

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Majority of games end around 5-10 mins.

If you're playing with a competent team who have a slight bit of understanding and capability to rush. 2 minutes to plant is very doable. As some of the lads here will tell you.

All you need to do is choose your moments when you have the bomb. More often than not if you're unsure just sit tight and have someone back you up.

Correct killstreaks also is invaluable if you want to play the objective.
    I rock 3-4-5 (or 7) when I really want the fast plant.

On another note, can I just say you're all bloody weirdos for never trying Sabotage out before. I've been yapping on about it for ages on here :pac:

EDIT - 4 killstreak is Counter UAV, arguably the mostly under appreciated perk in the game. Absolutely bizarre how few people use it especially if you regularly rush in whatever game type. Also 5 killlstreak is both Predator and Sentry. 5 really depends on the enemy.

On another note, can I just say you're all bloody weirdos for never trying Sabotage out before. I've been yapping on about it for ages on here :pac:

I played it twice with you, on Rundown and Derail iirc. Horrible horrible experiences, as you said our team was horrible and we were getting dominated. Way better and more fun when we're watching them scramble to defuse and not the other way round. :cool:

Prestiged there so I've no Cb, Ninja etc. Anyone up for a few games tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Leeg17 wrote: »
    I played it twice with you, on Rundown and Derail iirc. Horrible horrible experiences, as you said our team was horrible and we were getting dominated. Way better and more fun when we're watching them scramble to defuse and not the other way round. :cool:

Prestiged there so I've no Cb, Ninja etc. Anyone up for a few games tonight?

Yeah I remember man. They were throughly depressive games :pac:

Open maps in Sabotage are so damn dull usually. All the maps in COD4 are awesome for Sabotage though, another + point for that classic *clutches COD4 box and sheds a tear*.

Majority of games end around 5-10 mins.

If you're playing with a competent team who have a slight bit of understanding and capability to rush. 2 minutes to plant is very doable. As some of the lads here will tell you.

true, I got a quick win last night, was like 3 mins into the game or something

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

I'm at work atm and will be finished around 12 or so . Hope to see some of you owls on at that time for a bit of craic .
    Anyone planning on playing "late" tonight?

LakesKeane wrote: »
    I'm at work atm and will be finished around 12 or so . Hope to see some of you owls on at that time for a bit of craic .
    Anyone planning on playing "late" tonight?

12-3 sounds good. Dad gets up at 3 :(. Heh work, I'm playing now, :P

Leeg17 wrote: »
    12-3 sounds good. Dad gets up at 3 :(. Heh work, I'm playing now, :P

Haha, ya work is balls alright 3pm to 12am for next few days. . Bring on college ! Chat to yez round 3 so!

Shtay frosty :)

LakesKeane wrote: »
    Haha, ya work is balls alright 3pm to 12am for next few days. . Bring on college ! Chat to yez round 3 so!

Shtay frosty :)

Keep yer country til then sham! ;)

12 o clock looking good :)

was playin against leeg and krudler earlier on in a public game and was bet in three games they won and my team won once. my team was Sh1t and the game i won i scored 35 of the 75 kills :D good games

edit: ill be on at 12:)

your team were ruuuubbbbish :pac:

had quite a beastly game on Storm earlier, first game of the night and get an ac-130, 2 harriers and 3 predators, think I went 33 and 11 or something, and most of those deaths came from near the end, was 24 and 1 at one point

aahhh stop worse than rubbish
    every time i tripled the lad that came second on my team

ye fairly ahnialated us on storm but i, yes i alone ahnialated ye on quarry:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Should be on around 12 so send me an invite if anyones on :)

Had to quit tonight (meath77). At least got a few games in with boardsies.
    I see how sabotage works. Basically people won't pick up the bomb, they'll happily leave it alone and shoot whoever goes near it to build up a kill streak! Once a harrier/pave low comes in they then go for the bomb! Sort of annoying, but I was getting used to it and knew what to look out for. I think when you get to know the bomb sites are on each level it'll make it easier.

And at least I got to kill krudler about 15 times in the TDM beforehand :cool: :D

When I logged off there was 8 boardsies playing MW2 and another 2 online playing something else. Decent community!

Had to quit tonight (meath77). At least got a few games in with boardsies.
    I see how sabotage works. Basically people won't pick up the bomb, they'll happily leave it alone and shoot whoever goes near it to build up a kill streak! Once a harrier/pave low comes in they then go for the bomb! Sort of annoying, but I was getting used to it and knew what to look out for. I think when you get to know the bomb sites are on each level it'll make it easier.

And at least I got to kill krudler about 15 times in the TDM beforehand
    :cool: :D

When I logged off there was 8 boardsies playing MW2 and another 2 online playing something else. Decent community!

My team were awful, 3 of them spent the whole game debating how to get into that fcuking rock on Fuel, morons :rolleyes:

Bear with me lads , networking issues . Should be on soon though

FFS . Dns errors , ip addresses , gonna have to sort this one out tomorrow . Soz lads . Enjoy the night , same time 2moro I hope.

Fook you router , fook you .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

i would be on now bu t im far to o drunk : D I LOVE YNU GUISE!

My team were awful, 3 of them spent the whole game debating how to get into that fcuking rock on Fuel, morons :rolleyes:

That rock thing has ruined the level. I usually don't use sniper rifles, but I unlocked almost everything on the barrett by picking off idiots trying to get into the rock

That rock thing has ruined the level. I usually don't use sniper rifles, but I unlocked almost everything on the barrett by picking off idiots trying to get into the rock

Ah its ridiculous, I usually snipe from the high rock over on the far side, its probably the best sniping spot on the map as you can see everything and the rock protects you on your blindside. Am using the silenced Barrett now which I hate, dont like using silencers on the sniper rifles but its essential to get the HBS, which I do use on it since I have SOH on sniper classes so cant replenish my claymores to let me know people are coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭minotour

Yeah the rock thing is daft alright. Id be embarrased if i even fell into it by accident. Anyway, anytime you get a line of sight to it, usually from the south of the map, throw a few shots direct into the centre, if theres a geebag in there you will get the kill. Do it a couple of times and you'll see a rage quit soon enough, followed by a sulky message.

• Advertisement

minotour wrote: »
    Yeah the rock thing is daft alright. Id be embarrased if i even fell into it by accident. Anyway, anytime you get a line of sight to it, usually from the south of the map, throw a few shots direct into the centre, if theres a geebag in there you will get the kill. Do it a couple of times and you'll see a rage quit soon enough, followed by a sulky message.

I love killing guys who have a tac insertion in there, moving, waiting to hear them lay another one, kill them again, move, repeat :D

Advertisement