Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About last night...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

What is this Atari you are speaking of?

PONG FTW!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

LakesKeane wrote: »
    haha, in fairness, if you said 'I'm going to buy Hello Kitty Island adventure' I'm sure within a week I'd see a few of my psn friends playing it. :D

It's fairly funny when you think about it

Smh. What have I convinced people to buy outside of COD(4) though?

Uncharted 2 - Splinter was the only one who bought it due to my persistance that fully played through single player and even thanked me for making him buy it :)) There was nowt wrong with convincing people to buy Uncharted 2 Eamo. A multiple GOTY award winner and what many consider the gaming jewel of PS3.

Tiger Woods 12 - a game where the majority had played it before. TW12 is not everybody's cup of tea fair enough. But if you buy a game, then start moaning about me hitting it crazy distances and beating the lads easily without trying to level up. I have no sympathy for them.

Not my fault also people are COD fans only which is my point. I'm a fan of gaming in general Eamo. Most people in the current generation of gaming aren't that. Even with COD4 at it's peak, and the many hours I put into it. I played a host of games back then. Maybe it's the short attention span I have and impulsive nature dictating that.. who knows but even games I've hated right off the bat(MW2) I can safely say I gave a chance :)

Ade iirc I bought TW before you :P

Also we started the TW revolution.

viva_la_revolucion.jpg

Oi you pesky ****er :D I did say I was buying it months back, but kept coming up with excuses/was being lazy ;)

What is this Atari you are speaking of?

PONG FTW!

Bit before your time man :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Smh. What have I convinced people to buy outside of COD(4) though?

Uncharted 2 - Splinter was the only one who bought it due to my persistance that fully played through single player and even thanked me for making him buy it :)) There was nowt wrong with convincing people to buy Uncharted 2 Eamo. A multiple GOTY award winner and what many consider the gaming jewel of PS3.

Tiger Woods 12 - a game where the majority had played it before). TW12 is not everybody's cup of tea fair enough. But if you buy a game, then start moaning about me hitting it crazy distances and beating the lads easily without trying to level up. I have no sympathy for them.

Not my fault people are COD fans only. I'm a fan of gaming in general Eamo. Most people in the current generation of gaming aren't that. Even with COD4 at it's peak, and the many hours I put into it. I played a host of games back then. Maybe it's the short attention span I have and impulsive nature dictating that.. who knows but even games I've hated right off the bat(MW2) I can safely say I gave a chance :)

Oi you pesky ****er :D I did say I was buying it months back, but kept coming up with excuses/was being lazy ;)

I ain't saying you persuade people to buy games. Moreso people just tend to buy / borrow them themselves if you say the game is good (go into politics ;):D). No wrong doing on your behalf :) . I can think of two that bought TBGT . Again, nothing against you ;)

bedtime!

LakesKeane wrote: »
    I ain't saying you persuade people to buy games. Moreso people just tend to buy / borrow them themselves if you say the game is good (go into politics ;):D). No wrong doing on your behalf :) . I can think of two that bought TBGT . Again, nothing against you ;)

bedtime!

Think 1 bought TBOGT. Kells I think. Other lads had it already(well Remi and Balfie) or were looking to get it by other means.

Oh and me in politics, gas :pac: :D

Night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Wouldn't mind getting a few games of BOPS with yourself though as I know you love Sabotage.

Most likely be a weekend job tbh! prob wont even get many hours in coz gf is back from states and has loads of free time so will be doing well to get rid of her!! :D

But World cup Sunday morning.. KO 7:00 in the morn!! Most important part of the weekend!

Have to admit how funny it is how when Ade says, people should play this... then for a week ppl are playing it! :D

i_have_the_power.gif

I got UC2 with my PS3 when I bought it and liked it (wasnt overly mad on it) n never even played MP. But i'll defo be gettin UC3 but I'm not in any rush for it.. long after it comes out.. 2nd hand to save me some pennies!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Cant wait :P If Ireland don't win it (They wont.. hope im wrong tho :P) Then it'd be nice to see NZ win it for a change.

Magill wrote: »
    Cant wait :P If Ireland don't win it (They wont.. hope im wrong tho :P) Then it'd be nice to see NZ win it for a change.

Same here! Outside chance for the Irish lads but their form of late is not exactly excellent!

Would be happy to see NZ win, it'd be quite fitting for them to win after the earthquake that destroyed christchurch.

Might be on BOPS later for an hour or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

hypermuse wrote: »
    Same here! Outside chance for the Irish lads but their form of late is not exactly excellent!

Would be happy to see NZ win, it'd be quite fitting for them to win after the earthquake that destroyed christchurch.

Yeah, we've always got a chance. As long SA/Aus knock out the kiwi's because really... we just can't beat them.

Yup, after ireland i'll be cheering NZ on, they've not won it in a long time so it'd be nice for the home of rugby to actually win the big one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Sorry Hyper for ignoring the invite, needed one more killstreak to get 7 ( for hardline pro) then having dinner , will be on around 9ish again, Have you got skype.?? All the kool kids have :p

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

GOLF for the Atari 2600. Sit down kids :D

these whippersnappers dont know what its like to own plastic cartridges you had to blow into to get to work :pac:

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Sorry Hyper for ignoring the invite, needed one more killstreak to get 7 ( for hardline pro) then having dinner , will be on around 9ish again, Have you got skype.?? All the kool kids have :p

tis grand bud! was only playin few games here and there coz was busy with other $hite!!

Aim is horrid after few weeks without a controller in me hand! Will prob put in a good few hours on sat if any1 is round!

Sorry for bailing so quickly lads. Got bored quickly. Enjoyed the games I did play though, hands were so jittery as that was my first full game I've played since late July/early Aug.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

sorry for bailing last night.. Somethin came up an I tried to ignore it but I had to go.. Sorry hypermuse..

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Hurricane-Dean

Well lads, it's been a while since I was on with anyone, I was absolutely raping the double xp and nuketown and the last few days did a lot of split screen with a friend. It's really hard to focus with the split screen.

But anyway, will there be any parties going on later or anyone on?

Sorry for bailing so quickly lads. Got bored quickly. Enjoyed the games I did play though, hands were so jittery as that was my first full game I've played since late July/early Aug.
    Balfie wrote: »
    sorry for bailing last night.. Somethin came up an I tried to ignore it but I had to go.. Sorry hypermuse..

Its all gravy balf! had to bail myself soon after but was back on blops then! Blops is far less stressful than MW2

I really think MW3 is gonna be a clusterfu€k of killstreaks!

wanna_play_with_me.gif

Well... any takers??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

hypermuse wrote: »
    wanna_play_with_me.gif

Well... any takers??

you on?

yup! pissin bout on infamous waiting for a crowd to show up pretty much!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

I've been on a red bar for the last 3 days. Really getting annoying, eircom needs to get their act together

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

on mw2 now, bizarre thing happened there was on a domination game, got a harrier, host quit, I got thrown back out to the main screen saying unable to connect to host, tried to find another game and got thrown back in the same one only on the opposite side and my harrier was still in the air, killed me twice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

krudler wrote: »
    on mw2 now, bizarre thing happened there was on a domination game, got a harrier, host quit, I got thrown back out to the main screen saying unable to connect to host, tried to find another game and got thrown back in the same one only on the opposite side and my harrier was still in the air, killed me twice!
    Kind of ironic don't you think

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,061 ✭✭✭✭beertons

my harrier was still in the air, killed me twice!

So did you get the kills then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Pics or GTFO Haha , will be on tonight to play mw2 blops or Gta

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭FYG

I snapped my Blops in half. Time for a change. :o

It's been good playing with you lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Jaysus, Host on UPC is amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

You can't complain about lag no more!

FYG wrote: »

Most of the regulars here jumpshipped a long time ago. If you have GTA IV, offer is there to join us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

FYG wrote: »

Have been tempted to follow suit. Don't know what I ever saw in this game at this stage.:confused: Haven't played it in over a month tho.

Advertisement