Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About last night...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Out of stock in Galway :(

Might just pick it up in Extravision to f*ck, have €5 left on a gift card.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Out of stock in Galway :(

Might just pick it up in Extravision to f*ck, have €5 left on a gift card.

Order it?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Indeed. €11 is feckin nowt!

- It's something new and refreshing for the majority of the guys here.
    - It's something none of you's have ever experienced in regards to single player. Honestly if this doesn't rejuvenate your love of single players games when you were a kid then nothing will!
    - The game is stress free. I honestly do not get angry playing the game(multiplayer whatsoever). Yes, hard to believe I know.
    - Uncharted community >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> COD community
    - Multiplayer is a mix of Gears of War and Assassins Creed ffs! :D
    - Co-op mode is great craic, you can play with two other people as well.
    - Uncharted 3 is out later this year and very well likely will sweep the majority awards once again
    - It was voted Game of the ****ing year by many in the gaming and mainstream media swept multiple awards and plaudits.

Honestly lads, I honestly don't understand how you's enjoy Black Ops or any COD game as long as you do, night after night of playing it. I have FIFA to change direction, GTA I'll be getting back into as well.

I should really propose a Uncharted forum :pac:

edit - you could probably buy Uncharted 1, 2 and GTA IV or better, the GTA IV stories addition for around 25 to 30 euros total!

edit - Uncharted 3 beta is coming out shortly too, I will be putting a ridiculous amount of time into that! :D

I agree, I have to be able to dip in and out of COD and have other games to play or I'd go mental, its just too frustrating playing COD all the time and nothing else, it'd make you hate games :pac:

Order it?

I don't think you can?

I don't think you can?

Probably thinking of the Smyths site. I'm fairly sure you can order it in shop or on the phone.

• Advertisement

had a completely mental game on COD4 last night, must have been a hacked server but it wasnt extra speed or jumping or anything, the game mechanics were fine, but it was a ground war domination....on Shipment/ Now for those who havent played COD4, imagine a ground war game on Rust on MW2, utter insanity from start to finish, I have never seen such a high scoring game from every single player in the matchever on COD before, the lowest scoring guy in the game had 56 kills, I wound up going 89-76 so at least went positive. Got a 5 man kill at one point with the RPD as I wound up behind the enemy spawn in a corner and just aimed at the spawn point and fired and they kept respawning into my line of fire, it was insane, must have been 3-4 mins before the flags were capped as nobody could get to them, what a laugh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Uncharted 1&2 are ridiculously good SP games. Plenty of replay value in them too. Finished both on the crushing difficulty which is unusual 'cos I usually don't have the patience to do that. Final Boss on 2 took ages and had to lie down afterwards to destress. :D
    Very funny dialogue highly recommend.
    Didn't play a lot of the MP as my internet was very crappy at the time but it did look good.

Ah the days of playing Hardcore HQ in Shipment. Getting an airstrike and chopper on Shipment is gas :D ............. unless the enemy have one :s

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Uncharted 1&2 are ridiculously good SP games. Plenty of replay value in them too. Finished both on the crushing difficulty which is unusual 'cos I usually don't have the patience to do that. Final Boss on 2 took ages and had to lie down afterwards to destress. :D
    Very funny dialogue highly recommend.
    Didn't play a lot of the MP as my internet was very crappy at the time but it did look good.

Fair play. At the time of buying it, had a great chat with yer man behind the counter about UC2. Said crushing mode was indeed that on his psyche :pac: He's a trophy hunter, but he gave up after countless hours due to the boss and at to trade it in because of the stress. Only needed that trophy for platinum too.

Ah the days of playing Hardcore HQ in Shipment. Getting an airstrike and chopper on Shipment is gas :D ............. unless the enemy have one :s

a couple of airstrikes were used,i got one and iirc two choppers were called in, the top scoring guy had like 130 kills or something, if you dont mind kill-death-kill-death games its a hoot, at one stage a guy was just spinning around on the spot with an LMG wiping people out :pac:

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    a couple of airstrikes were used,i got one and iirc two choppers were called in, the top scoring guy had like 130 kills or something, if you dont mind kill-death-kill-death games its a hoot, at one stage a guy was just spinning around on the spot with an LMG wiping people out :pac:

Haha. RPD was my gun of choice usually on the map or shotty with stopping power and deep impact. Aim towards a corner and unleash hell :pac: Best score on it was 212(?) kills and 29 deaths.

PSN update 3.66 is available now. Looking around the net. Info seems very vague and unsure. But it looks like a minor not entirely all too important mandatory update.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Stop Hacking :p:p:p:p.

What time for GTA tonight ??

9 maybe 10ish I'll be on GTA.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Fair play. At the time of buying it, had a great chat with yer man behind the counter about UC2. Said crushing mode was indeed that on his psyche :pac: He's a trophy hunter, but he gave up after countless hours due to the boss and at to trade it in because of the stress. Only needed that trophy for platinum too.

Checked this when I went home last night and only completed it on the hard difficulty setting. I'm a fraud :( sorry. I imagine my thinking after completing it was "FCUK THIS SH*T" Not sure I could handle the frustration factor of crushing.

Eh, went out last night at around 10ish I think, so yeah, sorry if I missed GTA. Going online after a cuppa as I've nowt to do today.

Eh, went out last night at around 10ish I think, so yeah, sorry if I missed GTA. Going online after a cuppa as I've nowt to do today.

I fell asleep at ten haha. Mums buying me UC2 in Smyths later on preowned for €20, I still have gta so I'm up for a sesh tonigt if ye're on

I fell asleep at ten haha. Mums buying me UC2 in Smyths later on preowned for €20, I still have gta so I'm up for a sesh tonigt if ye're on

Sweet. Yeah for sure.

Other than cropping and adding colour correction the only "editing" I do is cutting the clips and annotating them, still it takes me a while to do. Plus a 6 hour render aswell

Just remembered, you won't have to do any of the colour correction for Uncharted 2 as it's already an option under the visual tweaks. You can mess around with the camera, fog, lighting, tint and saturation too. Nice little feature Naughty Dog introduced.

Just remembered, you won't have to do any of the colour correction for Uncharted 2 as it's already an option under the visual tweaks. You can mess around with the camera, fog, lighting, tint and saturation too. Nice little feature Naughty Dog introduced.

Thats handly alright, dunno if I'll be getting any recording-worthy clips though haha

• Advertisement

Thats handly alright, dunno if I'll be getting any recording-worthy clips though haha

Individual clips are hard to come by. It's simply not COD where you go into Rambo mode every now and again and take out the majority of a team. That's not to say the game is slow placed but by COD standards it obviously is a notch less. I just had a nice 2:1 (fairly consistent 2 K/D player now where early on I was not even 1) gameplay there with a sweet triple killfeed where we won 50 kills to 42. Doubles alone are very rare in general. If you're any bit decent at 3rd person in MW2 this'll be all bread and butter. Very easy transition I found.

Maybe do a single player LP ;) It'll be very long though. Most missions are at least 20 minutes as are most multiplayer games in fact including Co-Op. TDM especially definitely 20 min games, scores are usually very nip and tuck.

Hope you take what I said to Splin on Twitter aboard ;) At the very least, play a couple of levels (don't pick easy difficulty Lee! :pac:).

edit - TDM's are around 10 mins, thinking of CTT (treasure)

Also IMO, good to have something else other than COD on your Youtube channel. So many Youtubers are one trick ponies. COD, COD and COD. Tis boring I find personally. Xcal, Smoove and a couple others are good in this regards too.

You should commentate btw :)

You should commentate btw :)

Eh, I'll see :pac:

I'll definitely record the whole thing, fails and all (my TB HDD for e42 should be here Monday, so I'll reserve that for recordings haha).

----

Magill showed me the 1st run of the intro for the dualtage. Immmmmense!

----

Can we try this sometime in a full party?

Eh, I'll see :pac:

I'll definitely record the whole thing, fails and all (my TB HDD for e42 should be here Monday, so I'll reserve that for recordings haha).

----

Magill showed me the 1st run of the intro for the dualtage. Immmmmense!

----

Can we try this sometime in a full party?

Sure. Me, Kenno and Hypermuse were doing that except flamethrowers only as well as knife of course as well as a few other things.

Flamethrowers v Flak Jacket Pro = :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Sure. Me, Kenno and Hypermuse were doing that except flamethrowers only as well as knife of course as well as a few other things.

Flamethrowers v Flak Jacket Pro = :(

yea never realised how well protected against flamethrowers flackJ is.. I've prob only ever seen 2 people use flamethrowers in my online experience!

Sorry had to bail last nite.. got a phone call so just back out of our last stabby stabby gun game!!

1st one on zoo was class.. lads were not impressed at all!! haha!! :D:D

hypermuse wrote: »
    yea never realised how well protected against flamethrowers flackJ is.. I've prob only ever seen 2 people use flamethrowers in my online experience!

Sorry had to bail last nite.. got a phone call so just back out of our last stabby stabby gun game!!

1st one on zoo was class.. lads were not impressed at all!! haha!! :D:D

No worries. I was getting sick of those tools hence why I started using guns in the last game.

Zoo was perfect... except for the fact it was Zoo! :pac: Sight lines made it difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Those English guys on zoo were hilarious, the first few minutes I kept getting the same guy and he was screaming down the Mic. Haha :D

Ive uc2 and gta so I'm up for any game , it'd be nice to have a change from cod once in a while

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

So erm yeah went into town yesterday to get GTA:Complete edition and it seems there sold out in all the Gamestops in County Dublin :/ He said he'll hold one for me if a Pre owned one come's in and he'll give me a ring.I was in there on Saturday and they had 4 which makes it even more annoying.But I have the normal GTA so....plus Uncharted is sold out in Argos ffs :P

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Those English guys on zoo were hilarious, the first few minutes I kept getting the same guy and he was screaming down the Mic. Haha :D

Ive uc2 and gta so I'm up for any game , it'd be nice to have a change from cod once in a while

If we can get a party of at least 3-4 people, I'm all for GTA. Needs to be in a party to be played.

Uncharted 2, just give us a shout anytime. FIFA Pro Club takes priority though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

Right lads. This is the end of it! An yes, I'm writing in BOLD cause I'm a kunt :P right we have to sort out GTA. Tonight! 10PM with a bit of luck Ifyou, YES FECKING YOU! have GTA get your arse onto it at 10pm tonight! NO IF'S OR BUTS! Sometimes I'm not sure if any of us could organise a piss up in a brewery!

love you guys! :pac::pac::pac::pac:

Advertisement