Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About last night...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Ah ****, wish I had my PVR set up properly, got a great clip there on skidrow with the barrett. Climbed up the crates towards the long hall, pop around the corner towards the stairs, got a collateral, then a head shot straight after, ran down towards the stairs and got 2 quick scopezzzzz. legit son.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

What's wrong with your PVR setup?

I still haven't bought that thing to convert compontent to HDMI :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Lol that was about 4 months ago

Everyday in Co. Cork Darren has an amazing CoD moment. Sadly he can't record these shots.He has no HDMI converter cable. For a once of fee of e30 you can make a difference in the life of Mr. Johnston.

Call 1800-I-need-a-cable, or set up direct debit with AIB, Main Street, Cark Bai.

Thank you.

• Advertisement

I fúcking hate you Lee.

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

More MW2 :D

Who's in

• Registered Users Posts: 54,012 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Tallon wrote: »
    More MW2 :D

Who's in

Ill join ya mate

just let me turn on the ps3

Edit

That's strange I dont have your psn username anymore, dont tell me I deleted by accident or you broke up with me :(

sorry krudler for bailing

I remember why i left that ****ing awful ****e game

The amount of ****ing noob tubing in the game is ridiculous and I don't want any part of it

I give black ops alot of **** but it really has improve the franchise in so many ways compared to MW2

I rented MW2 for the week yesterday and im half thinking of bringing it back today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

Headshot wrote: »

The amount of ****ing noob tubing in the game is ridiculous and I don't want any part of it

That is the first thing I noticed when I started playing Modern Warfare 2. It's really annoying... :mad:

• Advertisement

Desire. wrote: »
    That is the first thing I noticed when I started playing Modern Warfare 2. It's really annoying... :mad:

Im going to give TDM a shot now and see how that goes, ground war I was playing with Krud

Thats my interest in MW2 done :pac:

Didnt last long, together with the noob tubing and the controller just not doing what I want it too. Iv had enough

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Mhwhahahaha. So chuffed I didn't end up buying that, even if it would have only
    cost me a tenner. Thinking COD4 had kicked the bucket, MW2 was my only option :D

Anyway, just return it you plonker and ask for COD4, then you can bask in pure and utter magnificence that is the BEST COD :cool:

Will be on around 4.

I'll be on in 30 hours, and counting slowly down :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,075 ✭✭✭✭beertons

few tough games there paddy. i've never seen so many friends playing fifa, and so few on blops

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭JustPaddy1

Ha yeah i signed in and had over twenty friends online thought i'd be lucky to get myself into a party!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

beertons wrote: »
    few tough games there paddy. i've never seen so many friends playing fifa, and so few on blops

I seriously doubt people will be still playing Blops until the next COD game in the same way we were playing MW2 right upto (and now long after) Blops came out. I'm trading it for Mortal Kombat when it comes out, it just feels like a stopgap COD game, and its a pity as I had such high hopes for it and loved the way Treyarch were going with it, but they released a buggy, broken, laggy game.

Headshot wrote: »
    sorry krudler for bailing

I give black ops alot of **** but it really has improve the franchise in so many ways compared to MW2

I rented MW2 for the week yesterday and im half thinking of bringing it back today

Ha no bother, yeah there was some amount of tubing going on in those ground war matches (usually is) after the 4th or so time I got hit with a random tube blast I just changed to a tube class and started back at them :D

FIFA Club has always been a priority for me.

Rather play FIFA Club with the lads truth be told and I've been thinking going back to MW2. Other than COD4 I simply cba'ed playing it the series despite being only 6 ranks away from *my final prestige in BOPS and the thought of a bad ass golden PM63 and such :pac:

Also I play ftw, not to go into game modes for the sake of stalling the game to let it drag out so to get more kills in. That burst my bubble again wanting to play BOPS, and I did really want to get back into it after my near month away from gaming. Really more sick of the community in general than Black Ops as such. As I've said in the past, and probably is a bit funny coming from myself considering my position here on this forum. But it's the single most vile, cretinous gathering of people you'll see in gaming and it's been getting far more worse since MW2 was released back in 09. Snowball effect sums it up.

Best FPS community I've experienced was Rainbow Six Vegas and COD2.
    [/calm mini rant ;)]

I'll try and put in a couple of hours OF BOPS today, BUT if the lads show up for FIFA... I'll immediately jump ship :)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,075 ✭✭✭✭beertons

i'm useless at footy, so trying that out wont be an option for me. i still prefer blops to mw2. every time i go onto the later, i get toobed out of it. then quit disgruntledly.

Mah Headset arrived :) Wonder how long this one will last.

i still prefer blops to mw2. every time i go onto the later, i get toobed out of it. then quit disgruntledly.

Me too.

You can change being noob tubed to witching(M/L/C set up) for me. I complain about noob tubing but in truth I wasn't overly affected by it, commando drove me loco though and plagued me. Ignore how I performed, my stats, etc in MW2, I never felt comfortable playing the game for long spells due to those commando idiots and watching over my back.

Kersmash wrote: »
    Mah Headset arrived :) Wonder how long this one will last.

what did you get ?

Downgraded to a Tritton AX 180s. I prefer em though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Finally went in and got the extender cable for my Headset :)

Kersmash wrote: »
    Downgraded to a Tritton AX 180s. I prefer em though.

I hope to have my headset going with the ps3 soon so you'll beable to hear my xfactor singing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

FIFA Club has always been a priority for me.

Rather play FIFA Club with the lads truth be told and I've been thinking going back to MW2. Other than COD4 I simply cba'ed playing it the series despite being only 6 ranks away from *my final prestige in BOPS and the thought of a bad ass golden PM63 and such :pac:

Also I play ftw, not to go into game modes for the sake of stalling the game to let it drag out so to get more kills in. That burst my bubble again wanting to play BOPS, and I did really want to get back into it after my near month away from gaming. Really more sick of the community in general than Black Ops as such. As I've said in the past, and probably is a bit funny coming from myself considering my position here on this forum. But it's the single most vile, cretinous gathering of people you'll see in gaming and it's been getting far more worse since MW2 was released back in 09. Snowball effect sums it up.

Best FPS community I've experienced was Rainbow Six Vegas and COD2.
    [/calm mini rant ;)]

I'll try and put in a couple of hours OF BOPS today, BUT if the lads show up for FIFA... I'll immediately jump ship :)

My biggest gripe with console gaming is the lack of community... there just isnt one. Without a doubt the biggest thing PC gaming has over consoles is dedicated servers but not just because of the better connections, a big advantage is the communities that form with it. Big clan servers are great craic, imagine how much more fun it would be if everyone from boards was playing on the same server, random teams, with and against each other. I love playing against people i know because of the banter and such that goes with it. Most of the time you'd have a few admins on and alot of the clan on in the evenings so people camping/cheating or acting a prat would be kicked or burnt (Admin mods) :D.

And then you had the competitive side, which most people on here have never really tasted, but comparing GB to gaming leagues like THESGL or even enemydown.co.uk you'll see a massive difference in the communities, no1 really knows each other in GB, its just turn up and play and then have a dispute claimed against you when you win !! You had online leagues and cups sometimes with decent prizes up for grabs with divisions that you get seeded into and such. You even had international tournaments (Best players from each country etc.. I played for ireland quite a few times in css) and lastly you had a few big lan tournaments each year with a number of Irish lans aswel. There are big news sites that post any roster changes of big teams and coverage for lans etc

krudler wrote: »
    I seriously doubt people will be still playing Blops until the next COD game in the same way we were playing MW2 right upto (and now long after) Blops came out. I'm trading it for Mortal Kombat when it comes out, it just feels like a stopgap COD game, and its a pity as I had such high hopes for it and loved the way Treyarch were going with it, but they released a buggy, broken, laggy game.

Its not buggy, broken or laggy anymore tho ?

Its certainly not a stopgap cod game tho, not like how w@w was, its sold far too many copys for it to be. Will diffo still have hundreds of thousands of people playing before MW3 is released.

I thought you sold your copy ages ago ??????????

Its not buggy, broken or laggy anymore tho ?

Its certainly not a stopgap cod game tho, not like how w@w was, its sold far too many copys for it to be. Will diffo still have hundreds of thousands of people playing before MW3 is released.

I thought you sold your copy ages ago ??????????

I did on PS3, traded it for the 360 one due to the lag issues before the patch, which i played for a bit but then went back to MW2.

• Advertisement

Anyone on for a while?

Advertisement