Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Playstation 3 has been "jailbroken" *MOD NOTE POST 220*

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

gizmo wrote: »
    Looks like unlicensed peripheral owners are the latest casualty...

PS3 update disables third party pads.

:(

What was the point of this? Are they not confident the exploit is closed now? I suppose it safeguards against future exploits. Every update these days seems to remove something from the PS3. Starting to really dislike this approach...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭Varik

gizmo wrote: »
    I'd disagree, there have been similar controllers on the market for some time, why would they choose now to do this? It looks more like an attack on USB devices which in turn means the jailbreak devices which is why, as a sidenote, I posted it in here. :)

The Sony site says it's the controllers, and they're the only thing that can still work 3.42

http://us.playstation.com/news/consumeralerts/

THEY EXPLODE!!!!!

explodingps3controller.jpg

Varik wrote: »
    The Sony site says it's the controllers, and they're the only thing that can still work 3.42

THEY EXPLODE!!!!!

Arn't we soo lucky to have Sony watching out for us all the same. Protecting us from unlicensed controllers, Linux installs, and those ever dreaded old PS2 titles. Likely story.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

THEY EXPLODE!!!!!

Class pic mate!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭vandammaged

I wanna ask a question ?

What if I was too buy a Ps3 and never wanted too go online too psn.

Will that stop it from being updates or when I buy the next game will that game force me too update my ps3.

Cause i bought the batman game for the x box and it forced me too update it and wouldn't let me play the game until i updated it.

When i updated it changed the menu and put them stupid avatars on it.

• Advertisement

I wanna ask a question ?

Will that stop it from being updates or when I buy the next game will that game force me too update my ps3.

Cause i bought the batman game for the x box and it forced me too update it and wouldn't let me play the game until i updated it.

You will need to update unless something changes, there may be patches that allow newer games to run on a hacked PS3 but there aren't now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I wanna ask a question ?

I would say that any game that had gone "gold" before the hack was revealed will run on any offline PS3.
    Any game that went "gold" after the hack was revealed will have an update included so that you will have to install it after purchase, therefore negating the hack.
    I don't know this for certain, but would reckon it to be true.

F1ngers wrote: »
    I would say that any game that had gone "gold" before the hack was revealed will run on any offline PS3.
    Any game that went "gold" after the hack was revealed will have an update included so that you will have to install it after purchase, therefore negating the hack.
    I don't know this for certain, but would reckon it to be true.

F1 2010 is the first game to require v3.42 firmware, or it may not i can't verify as i don't have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭vandammaged

But does it force you too update it like the x box ?
    F1 2010 is the first game to require v3.42 firmware, or it may not i can't verify as i don't have it.

But does it force you too update it like the x box ?

yes, if the game has a newer Firmware on the disk it will force you to update if you want to play.

• Advertisement

Just a note to you guys, there's been a PSP emulator released for the PS3 from TeamICE. This emulator is apparently NOT legitimate & is causing the console to brick. Be very careful what homebrew you run, if you do.

EnterNow wrote: »
    Just a note to you guys, there's been a PSP emulator released for the PS3 from TeamICE. This emulator is apparently NOT legitimate & is causing the console to brick. Be very careful what homebrew you run, if you do.

The effect of the bricking seems to be from simply fixed to unfixable, Was there much of these shenanigans on the 360.

The effect of the bricking seems to be from simply fixed to unfixable, Was there much of these shenanigans on the 360.

Really? I havn't read about it since this morning so it's a console killer? With the 360 it's slightly different because you will have (or should have) a clean dump of your nand before you've flashed/modified it, so hardware faults aside you can always start again. But the PS3's problem above is that there isn't full control over the operating system yet (LV1), and thus it's at the mercy of whatever code is ran on it.

I personally wouldn't be entirely surprised if this was a Sony thing. It's a fantastic method of killing explited consoles, and all very cyber-warfary :D But who knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

Advertisement