Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting College 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

has everyone got their form to buy this ticket? does it have to be paid this way or can they be bought when we get up there??

you buy the week ticket when you get up there. wasn't anywhere near as good as the halls weekend last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

theowen wrote: »
    Did you find the course worthwhile then in the end?

Yeah I did, despite moaning about some of it on here it was really useful! I got to learn a bit about the basics, I've tons of notes taken down that i'm going to learn, I've the names of books i'll need and got a taste of what it was going to be like. It was difficult but I knew it would be and now I know how much work i'll have to put in and also what types of things to cover before I start. It was definitely worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Anyone used ePay? How long does it take for confirmation of payment to come through?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭Blerdiii

Anyone used ePay? How long does it take for confirmation of payment to come through?
    between immediately and 2 days i think? it isnt a 24 hour service i think...sorry about the i thinks XD:rolleyes:

K, paid last night, still nothing in my inbox but hopefully there'll be something by monday night:rolleyes:

Maybe I should call them tomorrow, if the registration office is open on a saturday...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

K, paid last night, still nothing in my inbox but hopefully there'll be something by monday night:rolleyes:

Maybe I should call them tomorrow, if the registration office is open on a saturday...

Don't worry too much, mine took a few days to go through as well for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

If your entitled to have your reg free paid you don't pay it right? Just I heard you pay it as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

theowen wrote: »
    If your entitled to have your reg free paid you don't pay it right? Just I heard you pay it as well.

The lady in the fees office assured me that if your reg fee is being paid by your local authority then you don't have to pay. My application won't be processed for ages and I was worried this would delay my registration but when I called she said it'll be grand, just take the confirmation letter to the fees office when you get it and all will be well. And if you don't get the grant you're then liable for the fee but if you're sure you'll get it, she said it's no sweat. :)

I feel really nervous now.:o

Just keep chanting that and all will be ok :)

• Advertisement

Lockers are tomorrow morning right?

Lockers are tomorrow morning right?

Monday the 27th, IIRC :)

Anyone got a time for doors at the Academy tonight? Nothing on the ents stuff.

I feel really nervous now.:o

How did it go today?!
    Anyone got a time for doors at the Academy tonight? Nothing on the ents stuff.

No idea, I asked someone today and they didn't know. I'm heading in for about half ten/eleven.

How did it go today?!

No idea, I asked someone today and they didn't know. I'm heading in for about half ten/eleven.

Going to a mates gig at nine so I'll probably just stroll down a little after ten then:)

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Hannah Emilie

Going to a mates gig at nine so I'll probably just stroll down a little after ten then:)

Cheers.

Yeh it says its on at half 10 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Purple_Haze

My first day in is on Wednesday and i really feel like i'm missing out haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

So what did everyone think of last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Mark200 wrote: »
    So what did everyone think of last night?
    Great! Where did everyone from Trinity go though? I went to Purty Kitchen and must have talked to 20+ people and they were all from DCU, the ITs etc. Grand bita banter mind.

Ents. Academy was packed.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Laserhead

It was a damn good night, felt sorry to anyone who went to the one in the Purty kitchen by mistake. There was loads of space downstairs if you needed a drink/breather, it was perfect.

I'd a good time :D Surprised i'm not in that video, at one point it was right beside where I was! Nearly got crushed towards the end but some guy stepped in and helped thankfully. Was a great night even though it did take me ages to get the paint off my face :cool:

I was in the Academy yeah.. it was good enough, drinks prices were a bit disappointing though.

Anyone going to the 'headphone disco' in Tripod tonight?

Anyone else finding it really hard to make friends? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Scrappychimow

Yeah :(

My class meeting was yesterday and everyone broke up shortly after it,as the had friends/housemates in other courses. I joined societies but didn't have the guts to attend anything all on my owneo yet except a cup of tea and a slice of cake in the hist-room.

Hope to run into someone tomorrow,and not be a bigbad loner anymore :P

Yeah :(

My class meeting was yesterday and everyone broke up shortly after it,as the had friends/housemates in other courses. I joined societies but didn't have the guts to attend anything all on my owneo yet except a cup of tea and a slice of cake in the hist-room.

Hope to run into someone tomorrow,and no be a bigbad loner anymore :P

Similar enough story here, everyone in my course seems very cliquey already. :( Half of 'em are friendly, but only to an extent, and they all met last weekend because 99% of them are in Trinity Hall. There are a few who I was talking to after we had a talk from our lecturers and they invited me to join them at the headphone disco but I had nowhere to stay because I commute so had to say no. And even in the talk, everyone sat in little groups beforehand and even when I tried to talk to them there was a definite "you're interrupting our conversation but we'll be polite and say our names/where we're from before resuming" vibe. It's a bit disheartening...

Just remember that everyone's in the same boat and everyone's looking to make friends. I know it's easier said than done. Everyone worries about making friends when starting college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

It takes time, trust me. I felt just like that when I started in UCD 2 years ago - once lectures and stuff start you really get to know people and after a few months I had made several great friends. 'S why I'm determined not to get disheartened second time round :p

Seriously though, just do your best to be friendly for now and it'll all fall into place in a few weeks :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Scrappychimow

Even tough it will take time, its still kinda crappy joining societies and not having anyone to go to an event with.

Advertisement