Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting College 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Abby19

Would definitely agree with Larianne. Some old heads had strongly advised me to get a locker and they were totally right. Thing is by the time you figure this out they may be gone.

There are cloakrooms, but being able to dump out half your bag, not having to bring your labcoat and labbooks in with you each day, and carrying a ton weight on your back all day (or stashing stuff in your locker in case you make a last minute decision to head to the Pav) - priceless. Probably the best €20 you'll spend all year!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I got a locker in first year and used it very very little. It was all the way down in the Panoz institute (when I was around the Hamilton/SNIAM), though, so I wasn't bothered with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

When(date) do I need to be in to get one? If it means rising at 6:15 thats fine, but I'll need somewhere to dump me gear for our mega long lunch(here's hoping) and if I'm going Pav etc direct from lectures.

Also, Hamilton would be the best for a computer science student right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

I strolled in leisurely to get a locker a week after they started being given out. I was told the last Hamilton one had just gone but I could get one in the Lloyd Building no problem. Makes me question the whole earliness thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Me thinks it's a bigger deal for the arts end, given there's no other buildings with lockers towards that end of the campus.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 troufi

So when do we have to pay our fees for this year? I haven't gotten any emails about it or anything...and can't find anything on the site. Should I be worried that I still haven't payed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭JamesJB

troufi wrote: »
    Should I be worried that I still haven't payed?

You have to pay at least 5 days before you register.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭graceknowsstuff

So when do we have to pay our fees for this year? I haven't gotten any emails about it or anything...and can't find anything on the site. Should I be worried that I still haven't payed?

My bank giro arrived today and it said as long as we pay within seven days of receipt of the letter it's fine. Even though I'll probably pay online.
    If you haven't gotten one yet, you'll probably get it like, tomorrow or something.

i ended up paying on line yesterday, I dont think they send you a giro when you live outside of ireland? anyway the whole thing got me waaay confused but everythings cool now :)

anyone else doing CSLL?

i ended up paying on line yesterday, I dont think they send you a giro when you live outside of ireland? anyway the whole thing got me waaay confused but everythings cool now :)

anyone else doing CSLL?

Just CS here. FYI last years CSLL had a really nasty timetable for one term. Full day no breaks at all. Better student than I taking that stuff on.

Look forward to classes with ya.

• Advertisement

haha thanks for the uplifting news, but honestly it cant be any worse than last year, i used to have class from 8 to 6 without a break. ive even mastered the art of sneakily eating a sandwich during class
    how much do you already know about the course? and programming and what not?
    please say you're as clueless as me.

even if it means lying. I can take it.

In terms of programming I'm at 0. In other areas my general knowledge is quite good but its all practical really. Always been a techie. So even if I'm starting from scratch on something I'd say it wont be an issue as its something I love. Only thing is we got Vinny second on a monday, bad reports on that chap.

wait you already know your timetable? how come? i cant see any up on the site

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

isservices.tcd.ie/portal is where you can get your Timetable, but you need to have a username and password which you'll receive upon registration.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Only thing is we got Vinny second on a monday, bad reports on that chap.

I liked him... I think the biggest problem people have with him is that he goes very slowly. But a lot of his assignments are related to stuff that you haven't actually covered in class (yet), so you have to go learn yourself.... which sounds bad, but it helped me learn programming better anyway. The 'book' he gives you that he created himself is quite good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 AND WELL

moving up to trinity halls on friday the 17th...

can't wait to start my course :D actually like :)
    ancient history/archaeology and italian baby! :D

also, FRESHERS WEEK. how fantastic is that going to be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭irish-anabel

has everyone got their form to buy this ticket? does it have to be paid this way or can they be bought when we get up there??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

has everyone got their form to buy this ticket? does it have to be paid this way or can they be bought when we get up there??

You can buy them from the SU during the week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 breanne1402

Starting Pharmacy just got offered it yesterday in the 3rd round im so scared because I won't know anyone! :eek: anyone else starting pharmacy?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Bella xx

hey anyone going into 1st year psychiatric nursing in trinity??I wonder is anyone as nervous as i am lol:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 leinster2010

Bought my band for the week :D anyone know what the deal is with the Midnight Freshers' week? Apparently there's one band for a tenner and that gets you in for 15 nights, but one of the weeks clashes with our actual Freshers' week :/ There's a Facebook event for it http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=112020735522750&ref=ts

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Aoiferz

I bought a band for that!:D
    It doesn't actually clash with the TCD one, all the nights are the same except for the Friday as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Starting Pharmacy just got offered it yesterday in the 3rd round im so scared because I won't know anyone! :eek: anyone else starting pharmacy?
    Congratulations on getting a third round offer, you must be over the moon! I'm not doing pharmacy but I don't really know anyone in my course either, we're all in the same boat so try not to worry too much, we'll be grand. :D

I'm pretty excited about it all now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭caroline1111

Yep, don't really know anyone either but I'll see you there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Aoiferz wrote: »
    I bought a band for that!:D
    It doesn't actually clash with the TCD one, all the nights are the same except for the Friday as far as I know.

You're wrong there I'm afraid, the Ents nights are completely different to the Midnight ones.
    Ents: Academy, Tripod, Purty Kitchen, Dandelion, Pav
    Midnight: Alchemy, Purty Kitchen, Dandelion, Howl at the Moon, Break for the Border.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

Ents: €25 for 4 nights
    Midnight: €10 for 15 nights
    :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

blubloblu wrote: »
    Ents: €25 for 4 nights
    Midnight: €10 for 15 nights
    :/
    I doubt many from Trinity would go to Midnight tho'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 leinster2010

Yeah like 15 nights in a row I'd say most of the clubs will be fairly quiet for the majority of the time. I think the actually Trinity Ents one will be better; everyone going will be going Trinity so probably better of to hang out with them at the start anyway :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Do we have to wait 'til we register to set up our TCD email accounts? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Do we have to wait 'til we register to set up our TCD email accounts? :)

You get your email address and password at registration

Advertisement