Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Phone 7 Launch Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

Trevor451 wrote: »

Yeah, because we all know rumors and speculation are facts :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Trevor451 wrote: »

Joe Belfiore said it was coming this fall. Fall by their calendar is the 23rd of this month. 2nd it was said it was coming this fall. But not launching this fall. So I don't think there's any missed deadlines yet

I just started using the Groups feature in Mango. Turns out its limited to 20 people per group. Which has rendered it utterly useless to me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭markpb

DjFlin wrote: »
    I just started using the Groups feature in Mango. Turns out its limited to 20 people per group. Which has rendered it utterly useless to me :(

I read somewhere that group messaging uses MMS instead of SMS which could be expensive for people who think it's coming out of their text allocation.

• Advertisement

markpb wrote: »
    I read somewhere that group messaging uses MMS instead of SMS which could be expensive for people who think it's coming out of their text allocation.

I've no interest in the messaging aspect. Its actually so I can see facebook/twitter feeds from specific people.

It would be cool if you could integrate Facebook/Twitter Lists with the group feature. Next update hopefully.

Also, I'd be nice to see Facebooks new privacy features in either the People Hub or the FB app

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭neaideabh

After years of envying other people with their smart phones, i finally got a windows phone 7.... I think it's the dogs bollix!!! I think it looks better then the i fone graphically. The facebook integration is UNREAL! I think it's class. I know it doesn't have as many apps as the ifone, but it still has ****loads of apps like!

Just wanted top get that of my chest. ah yes! Can someone tell me this tho... what's the story with mango. What exactly is it... when is it meant to be coming out, and... does every single wp7 in the world download it or is there restictions such as costs or whatever else?

neaideabh wrote: »
    After years of envying other people with their smart phones, i finally got a windows phone 7.... I think it's the dogs bollix!!! I think it looks better then the i fone graphically. The facebook integration is UNREAL! I think it's class. I know it doesn't have as many apps as the ifone, but it still has ****loads of apps like!

Just wanted top get that of my chest. ah yes! Can someone tell me this tho... what's the story with mango. What exactly is it... when is it meant to be coming out, and... does every single wp7 in the world download it or is there restictions such as costs or whatever else?

Mango is the first major wp7 update that will add around 500 new features and give a speed boost to the os. It will be free to download when its out. Right now its pending manufacturer and carrier approval as microsoft finished the update.

Depending on what phone you got and your tinkering skills you might be able to load it up to your phone already :)

Its not extremely hard to flash a ROM onto a phone.

BTW WP7 forum is finally waiting for approval. The admin is counting votes and interests :) so not too far away now :) people who haven't done so could add their vote still :) just write +1 on this thread

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056307332?page=1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

neaideabh wrote: »

If you like you're phone now wait till you get Mango on it, it makes the phone far better than it currently is. The facebook integration is much better in Mango as well.

Here's a little video clip showing you the Social Network integration on the Mango update:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtM5zQN8p74&feature=related

http://windowsphone.com/s?appid=a72c0881-6748-e011-854c-00237de2db9e

You could try this app. Group SMS. Doesn't say how many people you can add. But I'm sure the dev would answer it to ya.In the trial there a contact dev link. You could ask if they support more peeps if you need 20+ people :)

You can also make groups for texts and email and have template messages ready to be sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭garethmc

posted already on here somewhere but go register your interest for the Tital http://comingsoon.vodafone.ie/register/htc-titan/

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Dean_Mc

I have been looking at doing grouping in Sendu, my only concern is how to implement it in such a way that you can fire and forget, I don't think that waiting 5 or 6 mins for 30 or so messages to send would be a good user experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

I see various reports that new Mango phones will have video skype calling, but can anyone confirm that the mango update will enable skype voice calls for existing phones that don't have a front camera?

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Do-more wrote: »
    I see various reports that new Mango phones will have video skype calling, but can anyone confirm that the mango update will enable skype voice calls for existing phones that don't have a front camera?

Skype will work on all windows mango phones regardless of whether or not they have a front facing camera. The skype app isn't out yet so it's not available for the windows mango phones. I'd expect the Skype app will be released next and then in the next OS update Skype will be integrated into the OS.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

There'll be a Lync app released soon as well, and I believe that will work on all phones too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Ah for fecks sake - I went to get this one on Zune.......

Told me Zune needed to be updated

Ok did that......

Noticed the phone did a 'new hardware install' on pc

Now I can't see a buy button for any apps on Zune

(Downloaded from the phone no prob)

Am I missing something (other than the buy button :p)

A quick google hasn't enlightened me.........

Not missing anything anyway, app is pretty crap and doesn't have Irish scores.

Got my phone last week, very happy with it and the OS, but the app selection is piss poor after coming from iOS.

Seems Sammy is trying to catch up with a HTC and LG.

They released 3 more apps for Samsung phones.

One of them which is DLNA App called all share :) should make some Sammy owners happy :) made me :P

Here's the link http://windowsphone.com/s?appid=d553c2ad-790a-4415-94b2-0bef3ec9ef3f

Edit. It doesn't seem to work on my Omnia :(

Seems Sammy is trying to catch up with a HTC and LG.

What catch up? LG apps are utter rubbish.

But they do have DLNA :) Looking forward to trying this out.

• Advertisement

What catch up? LG apps are utter rubbish.

I have to disagree, My Optimus 7 has been a dream since I got it, even as a Dev Unit it has been a trooper!

Dean_Mc wrote: »
    I have to disagree, My Optimus 7 has been a dream since I got it, even as a Dev Unit it has been a trooper!

The Optimus is great, yes. But the LG app store sucks major ass. The only worthwhile app in it was the DLNA. Not to mention the lack of any updates in over 6 months.

Mango to start rolling out in the next 1-2 weeks. Tweeted by Brandon Watson from Microsoft Dev team http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_phone/b/windowsphone/archive/2011/09/21/where-s-mango-an-update-on-timing.aspx

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Mango to start rolling out in the next 1-2 weeks. Tweeted by Brandon Watson from Microsoft Dev team http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_phone/b/windowsphone/archive/2011/09/21/where-s-mango-an-update-on-timing.aspx

Hurray, im looking forward to it. I never bothered installing the RTM when it came out. Partially out of laziness, and partially because WP7 was pretty darn good as it was!

I've started using my LG Optimus 7 for a lot more emailing and business/college related stuff, and the email/office integration is really fantastic. It made me love the device even more!

Hurray, im looking forward to it. I never bothered installing the RTM when it came out. Partially out of laziness, and partially because WP7 was pretty darn good as it was!

I've started using my LG Optimus 7 for a lot more emailing and business/college related stuff, and the email/office integration is really fantastic. It made me love the device even more!

Calendar, email and xbox live and zune for me :)

I'm writting this of my galaxy s2, but always get a feel of joy coming back to wp7. Tbh if wp7 had a hotspots feature now I'd forget about the s2 :) only reason I really use it :)

Didn't work for me either, just dumps straight back to the OS with no errors.

stevenmu wrote: »

Didn't work for me either, just dumps straight back to the OS with no errors.

It says to me that AllShare is not supported on this device and then quits. :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

It says to me that AllShare is not supported on this device and then quits. :'(

The ShareTo app for my LG Optimus 7 says that it needs the latest version of Windows Phone 7 before it closes.

Co-incidence? Probably...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭simi956

Just found this very good Application for checking in for Aer Lingus flights

http://windowsphone.com/s?AppID=614e341f-9ca8-e011-a53c-78e7d1fa76f8

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement