Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Phone 7 Launch Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Feck :mad: My optimus 7 won't read sims anymore. I keep on getting a "sim card is missing or invalid" error :mad:

Even though I bought it off price guard could I send it to phone meanders to get it repaired?

EDIT: It seems like I can get it repaired
    http://www.fonemenders.ie/index.php

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Feck :mad: My optimus 7 won't read sims anymore. I keep on getting a "sim card is missing or invalid" error :mad:

Even though I bought it off price guard could I send it to phone meanders to get it repaired?

EDIT: It seems like I can get it repaired
    http://www.fonemenders.ie/index.php

Or you could try this http://www.mprc.ie/

FonFix repairs it under manufacturers warranty and sends it back to ya for free. Worth a look.

Meteor and Carphone Warehouse uses their services.

Not sure about the other carriers. But heard way to many negative responses about FoneMenders :S

Though then again people dont come to praise companys on forums. Only to rant :)

I was in the process of porting my number to a diffrent operator (tesco mobile) however even other sim cards don't work in the phone anymore. I also did a system reset with no luck :( On the hardware side of things everything looks fine :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

@Trevor451 - don't get it personal, but didn't you, by any chance, put SIM a wrogn way in? I did it 2 or 3 times because of tricky shape of SIM holder in Optimus7.

zom wrote: »
    @Trevor451 - don't get it personal, but didn't you, by any chance, put SIM a wrogn way in? I did it 2 or 3 times because of tricky shape of SIM holder in Optimus7.

HAHA yes! :o I was just going to post that I was putting the sim in the wrong way :o

Working fine now :D Bring on mango :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

mtb_kng wrote: »
    Looks very likely alright. I have my phone on the open firmware so hopefully I'll get the update on the day its released.

Can you tell me if MMS works with the open firmware, I've been tempted to flash the EU open firmware onto my phone to check this but haven't gotten around to doing it, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

AntiVirus wrote: »
    Can you tell me if MMS works with the open firmware, I've been tempted to flash the EU open firmware onto my phone to check this but haven't gotten around to doing it, thanks.
    The phone isn't even working on my E900... :( Nevermind MMS (Which I don't think I've used since 2005 :pac:).

No loudspeaker music or calls either. Stupid phone not being a god-damn phone. Mango better sort this out tomorrow... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Dean_Mc

Hi all,

I am just trying to find out how many boardsies are running mango, could you sound off please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

Dean_Mc wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am just trying to find out how many boardsies are running mango, could you sound off please?

Yo

• Registered Users Posts: 9 colinsyron

Hi all,

yep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Hi all,

Me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Sounding off

Just updated to Mango version 7720

mtb_kng wrote: »
    The phone isn't even working on my E900... :( Nevermind MMS (Which I don't think I've used since 2005 :pac:).

No loudspeaker music or calls either. Stupid phone not being a god-damn phone. Mango better sort this out tomorrow... :mad:

I don't use MMS at all but a couple of my iphone friends don't seem to know how to send a picture by email and keep sending me MMS pictures.

I've updated my firmware to the EU open firmware and updated to the Mango RTM. Everything is running smoothly for me here, I'll check the MMS tomorrow and see if I can receive them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

Hi all,

I am. Well, the second developer release anyway (7.10.7712.60). :)

Mango RTM :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

I WISH THEY WOULD JUST RELEASE MANGO ALREADY FUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!

:(

Seriously slow in Microsoft.

Handy app here though for those running mango, who like to turn on and off settings often such as wifi and 3g etc, it creates shortcuts on the start menu, its free also; can some one here download it and tell us what its like?

Handy app here though for those running mango, who like to turn on and off settings often such as wifi and 3g etc, it creates shortcuts on the start menu, its free also; can some one here download it and tell us what its like?

What's its name?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I thought this was the app i was looking forward too...but unfortunately it's not...

All i want is a tile on my home screen that will turn on my bluetooth with one press. Click it and bam it's on. I don't want it to take me to the same bluetooth menu just so i can swipe the on switch across! Grrrr

No mango today? :( boourns :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

I got the app your talking about a few days ago. Does what it says on the tin. Lets you pin a shortcut to settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

DjFlin wrote: »
    I got the app your talking about a few days ago. Does what it says on the tin. Lets you pin a shortcut to settings.

There are two of these apps I think at the moment, Network Dashboard and Connectivity Shortcuts. Network Dashboard apparently has the better icons and ability to turn on or off radios with a single tap.

Having said that, I've not used either one since I'm still waiting on an official O2 release for Mango ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭garethmc

joe Belfiore just posted massive hint on twitter!! poss sept 23 Please god!!!!!!!!!!!

PS - this website shows you the START of fall. Don't jump to conclusions!! http://bit.ly/oKGsJ2

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

I thought this was the app i was looking forward too...but unfortunately it's not...

All i want is a tile on my home screen that will turn on my bluetooth with one press. Click it and bam it's on. I don't want it to take me to the same bluetooth menu just so i can swipe the on switch across! Grrrr
    Oh damn, thought it was.

Maybe this one? http://www.mobilityminded.com/13154/how-to-add-a-wifi-bluetooth-data-and-airplane-mode-tile-on-the-windows-phone

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭garethmc

Anyone here updated a HD2 with Mango? Where best to go for installation instructions?
    PS. Can't wait any longer for official release for my HD7, but don't want to stick on a unofficial rom on this my HD7.... holding out for Mango release on Sep 23rd!!

Mad that the HD2 is roughly 100 quid dearer on expansys than the HD7

Also to buy or not to buy the Titan #Dilemma

garethmc wrote: »
    Anyone here updated a HD2 with Mango? Where best to go for installation instructions?
    PS. Can't wait any longer for official release for my HD7, but don't want to stick on a unofficial rom on this my HD7.... holding out for Mango release on Sep 23rd!!

Mad that the HD2 is roughly 100 quid dearer on expansys than the HD7

Also to buy or not to buy the Titan #Dilemma

HD2 Windows Phone 7
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=975

Also, no one has said Mango will be released on the 23rd of Sept, just like no one said it would be released on the 15th of Sept. It could be any day starting on the 23rd Sept running to the 21st of Dec. They said it would be released in the "Fall"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Anyone recommend a good football scores app?
    Used LiveScore and Sky Sports on the iPhone.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭blarney_army

mcgovern wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a good football scores app?
    Used LiveScore and Sky Sports on the iPhone.
    Espn scorecenter

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Espn scorecenter

Ah for fecks sake - I went to get this one on Zune.......

Told me Zune needed to be updated

Ok did that......

Noticed the phone did a 'new hardware install' on pc

Now I can't see a buy button for any apps on Zune

(Downloaded from the phone no prob)

Am I missing something (other than the buy button :p)

A quick google hasn't enlightened me.........

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

Vodafone now have the HTC Titan on the Coming Soon page, very tempted to get this now, was holding See Ray but this may change things.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement