Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Phone 7 Launch Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

Undead wrote: »
    I asked one of the Microsoft reps about this last night and he said he has nothing to say regarding Zune Pass coming to Ireland. I was expecting that answer but it still made me sad! :(

He also smiled when I asked for a Mango release date, although Radar and TITAN are October so it should be then at the latest!

Sorry, forgot to mention (Shamelessly plug :P ) that I'm not just some randomer, I write for TechTV101.com

http://www.techtv101.com/gadgets_htc-radar-titan-officially-unveiled

How dare you! GET OUT OF HERE!

Not surprising about the Zune Pass stuff, sad sad stuff. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Zune music marketplace will not come here for years. Will be the same for bing features like local scout.

Its a shame tbh. But the only thing we can do is just keep using bing in hope that sooner or later theres a demand for their services in Ireland to be expanded.

Hey guys. I found two pretty handy tools over on XDA.

Firstly, a registry hack to get more Zune features on your PC, like Podcasts.
    Here's how to enable all missing features:

1. Open your computer Registry Editor (start/run/regedit).

2. Now go to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Zune

3. Under this key, create a new key called: FeaturesOverride

4. Select the new key and in the right-side panel, create the following DWORD values:

Music
    Podcasts
    QuickMixLocal
    Social

And set thee values to 1

5. Start your Zune software and normally you should be able now to use the missing features

Full Post Can Be Found Here

And secondly, a list of all Mango enabled Apps in the marketplace so far.

DjFlin wrote: »
    Hey guys. I found two pretty handy tools over on XDA.

Firstly, a registry hack to get more Zune features on your PC, like Podcasts.

Full Post Can Be Found Here

And secondly, a list of all Mango enabled Apps in the marketplace so far.

Woop thanks :) Got the podcasts back :)

Music wont work for me either. Its just a blank tab

Woop thanks :) Got the podcasts back :)

Music wont work for me either. Its just a blank tab

Oops, forgot to mention that. I didn't bother enabling Music or Social. Both useless here anyway.

• Advertisement

Just a quick reminder if any one hasnt casted a vote for or against a Windows Phone 7 Sub-Forum could do so.

This would help to get our own little corner to find usefull information regards Windows Phone 7 news/updates and other information that first time or advanced users could find.

Having a 1639 post doesnt exactly help to navigate certain information that has been already posted in the thread. So we could make specific threads for each topic

Every vote counts. Cause it feels like the case is being forgotten at this stage since every one stopped posting and just waiting for the decision :)

You can cast a vote HERE

You dont need to write anything :)
    +1
    counts as a vote

Just flashed to mango rc1 t-mobile rom on Omnia 7. Seems quite good radio improvements were made to the radio so far. Pages loads hell of alot faster over data for me :) no more delays for loading.

If anyone interested I could post a how to :)

Audio seems to be also improved through the loud speaker :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Is data the only radio improvement or does call reception/quality seem any better?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Anyone advise on what mapping/GPS is like on WP7? Particularly under Mango.

stevenmu wrote: »
    Is data the only radio improvement or does call reception/quality seem any better?

Haven't tested calla yet. Had no problems reception before. Hasn't changed either. If the reception got stronger I would imagine battery lasting less. Its usually the case anyway.

I'll test call quality on the way to work :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

If the reception got stronger I would imagine battery lasting less.

:confused:

Not necessarily, it could be that they've found a way to better utilize the radio in a more efficient way. Or, you could be right. I pray your not though, because my battery already gets some serious punishment from the amount of games I play.

DjFlin wrote: »
    Not necessarily, it could be that they've found a way to better utilize the radio in a more efficient way. Or, you could be right. I pray your not though, because my battery already gets some serious punishment from the amount of games I play.

Well don't know about battery yet :) I took it of charge around 11 this morning and still have half a battery left. But that's for me is an average working day :)

Call quality seems same it was never really was a problem, but the tuning of audio volume wasn't great on the Netherlands rom I had before. Seems to have that sorted now. Bass seems alot richer from the speaker. No cracking at top volume anymore :) or through the hands free in the car

Camera seems to focus better now as well. Previously in mango with old firmware I couldn't use the camera button cause focus was horrible. That seems to be fixed now. Can touch to take a photo now or use the camera button

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

quad_red wrote: »
    Anyone advise on what mapping/GPS is like on WP7? Particularly under Mango.

The built-in Bing mapping on Mango is only ok, it needs a network connection and would be comparible to other smartphones.

What is far more interesting is that Navigon have a full-fledged offline navigation app ready to launch with Mango that also has built-in Google Local search (very relevant for the Irish market where Bing does not have local listings).

I've been using an older version of Navigon on my HD7 running NoDo for the last few months and it is a top-class bit of software. The new version will be even better. It will be about €70 for the version with all the European maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Well don't know about battery yet :) I took it of charge around 11 this morning and still have half a battery left. But that's for me is an average working day :)

Call quality seems same it was never really was a problem, but the tuning of audio volume wasn't great on the Netherlands rom I had before. Seems to have that sorted now. Bass seems alot richer from the speaker. No cracking at top volume anymore :) or through the hands free in the car

Camera seems to focus better now as well. Previously in mango with old firmware I couldn't use the camera button cause focus was horrible. That seems to be fixed now. Can touch to take a photo now or use the camera button

Don't suppose there was any sign of the Wifi Hotspot feature on that ROM? I'm holding off on updating to Mango until a ROM featuring that function (or some way of adding it to an existing Mango installation) shows up. I have spare data with O2 that could be used on my laptop!

Don't suppose there was any sign of the Wifi Hotspot feature on that ROM? I'm holding off on updating to Mango until a ROM featuring that function (or some way of adding it to an existing Mango installation) shows up. I have spare data with O2 that could be used on my laptop!

Nop. I'm not sure that's coming with mango. Probably the next small update after mango.

As it was added as a function at last minute and OEMs didn't have time to include it.

So only after mango I think. Or maybe with new mango phones

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

HI,
    I want to subscribe to home theater geeks podcast on the twit network. http://twit.tv/show/home-theater-geeks/78

The problem is, when i use the drop down menu on the left Zune opens up and asks me if I want to subscribe to "triangulation", which is another show. I know the links must be busted. But how do I find the proper rss link to manually add it to Zune. When i put in http://twit.tv/htg Zune tells me that the link is not formatted correctly.

Any help would be most appreciated,

Thanks

LG on vodafone

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Just noticed Minesweeper is free on the market place for WP7. Its an xbox live game, which means its got achievements too.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Weave (decent feed reader) seems to be free at the moment too.

I thought that was always free

• Advertisement

Digitalism wrote: »
    Just noticed Minesweeper is free on the market place for WP7. Its an xbox live game, which means its got achievements too.

Yup, it came out along with Sudoku in the states a few weeks back, then here. Sadly Sudokus not out here for some reason :(
    I thought that was always free

No, its just insane....Seriously, it was free for LG Users for a while, then it was free for a week or so, and now its free again. But hey, I ain't complaining, free stuff is free stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭obriea3

Glad now I held off buying it a week or so ago. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

You guys should check out the easytube app on the marketplace. The ad free version is free in september. Its way better than the crappy default youtube application

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Trevor451 wrote: »
    You guys should check out the easytube app on the marketplace. The ad free version is free in september. Its way better than the crappy default youtube application

Many thanks for the heads-up Trevor. It is much better than the default app:)

Trevor451 wrote: »
    html5 version of YouTube mobile is working now. Works great on mango :) who needs an app. Its alot faster and easier to use than any YouTube app I uses on wp7.

Only one worth I think is the supertube cause it can download and store videos. Handy if your going for a long journey to keep ya entertained

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Thanks for the heads up.

The first day I played it, it was ad free. Now a fifth of the screen is taken up with ads. Are others experiencing the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Thanks for the heads up.

The first day I played it, it was ad free. Now a fifth of the screen is taken up with ads. Are others experiencing the same?
    What I didn't mention was that I was in Ireland yesterday, UK today. Interestingly, when I was out of signal today and played minesweeper, there are no ads. So it seems that being on a UK network brings the ads. I also checked Weave on UK network and it is not free.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭obriea3

Looks like Microsoft could release Mango officially this week. A lot of rumours on the net saying Sept 15th.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

obriea3 wrote: »
    Looks like Microsoft could release Mango officially this week. A lot of rumours on the net saying Sept 15th.

Looks very likely alright. I have my phone on the open firmware so hopefully I'll get the update on the day its released.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

That's towards the end of Microsoft's BUILD conference. I wonder if we'll hear anything about Mango or Windows Phone from it...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement