Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Phone 7 Launch Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

HTC Omega has a front facing camera on it, maybe we'll have an update with skype integration soon or most likely a Skype App while we wait :)

http://pocketnow.com/windows-phone/htc-omega-first-press-photo-image

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Terrontress

I think that the price of the games is justified in all senses except when compared to those on another platform.

Most of them are less than the price of a pint and more involving and with better graphics than some of the crap than I shelled out £40 for on the PS1. Or the PSP for that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

Anyone else like the idea of a WP7 Gamertag thread?
    I think that the price of the games is justified in all senses except when compared to those on another platform.

Most of them are less than the price of a pint and more involving and with better graphics than some of the crap than I shelled out £40 for on the PS1. Or the PSP for that matter.

You cant compare the price of current mobile generation games, to two generation old console games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Hey the Samsung marketplace started working in mango dev beta 2. We got a rubiks cube game as well :)

WP7 Gamertag Thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=74053553
    Hey the Samsung marketplace started working in mango dev beta 2. We got a rubiks cube game as well :)

Yeah, LG's works again too. No new apps in months though :( I dont really mind, I just want a HTC Hub-esque app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭sparks24

cant get picture msgs on my optimus 7 on meteor, any help?

Just though of a great feature for future updates.
    Local Search. I dont mean local as in nearby, I mean on the phone. I'd love to be able to hit search, type, maybe "Eminem" the have a 'Local' Section where it lists all files on my phone that may have 'House' in the title. Music/Videos/Podcasts/Pictures/Documents, the whole shebang. The iPhone does it, as does Android. I'd love to see it on WP7, Especially since the Search client on WP7 is so nice.

sparks24 wrote: »
    cant get picture msgs on my optimus 7 on meteor, any help?

Try going to the LG App Store and downloading the Network Settings App.

I never use MMS on my Optimus 7 anyway. Emails are cheaper for me to send than MMS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

I'd kinda like a plain ole file explorer built in, it would be pretty nice to be able to see all your files and their sizes in a unified gallery sort of thing, as was common on phones pre-2010.

Would be nice to be able to send things between phones with bluetooth again, too. I liked being able to get photos off my friends without needing to email or mms them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

DjFlin wrote: »
    Local Search. I dont mean local as in nearby, I mean on the phone. I'd love to be able to hit search, type, maybe "Eminem" the have a 'Local' Section where it lists all files on my phone that may have 'House' in the title. Music/Videos/Podcasts/Pictures/Documents, the whole shebang. The iPhone does it, as does Android. I'd love to see it on WP7, Especially since the Search client on WP7 is so nice.

Apparently, allegedly, it's coming in Tango.

Tango update to enable cheap Windows Phone 7 handsets from Nokia?

Sweet. It'd be pretty handy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭DoubleBogey

So is Tango all about Nokia? I've been holding off buying a phone thinking there's going to be a load of new Mango phones coming out, particularly Nokia. Or is Mango only a software update for existing phones?

The shops claim they have not been told anything about new Mango phones. Am I holding off for nothing?

So is Tango all about Nokia? I've been holding off buying a phone thinking there's going to be a load of new Mango phones coming out, particularly Nokia. Or is Mango only a software update for existing phones?

The shops claim they have not been told anything about new Mango phones. Am I holding off for nothing?

They haven't even been announced yet so shops wouldn't know anything either. There's a samsung and htc event on the first of September. Rumor has it their wp7 launch events :) guess we will see pretty soon then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Gearheart

What's the best windows phone at the moment?

Gearheart wrote: »
    What's the best windows phone at the moment?

Depends on your definition of best :)

Optimus 7 is the best budget wp7 on amazon.

HTC phones I think are nicest phones In terms of how they are made and feel in hand. But battery life is poor.

And Omnia 7 has the best screen and longer battery life vs HTC HD7. Though 8gb less memory vs hd7. Better camera too.

All wp7 phones perform nearly equally. So in terms of performance its all the same.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Mango is a little of both. All existing phones will get it, and there'll be new phones released with it, some of which will have new features not available on existing phones, like front facing cameras for Skype and Lync, faster processors, and HDMI out. A Fujitsu phone with Mango was just launched in Japan, but no word on it being available over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭GUIGuy

Omnia 7 is pretty good. I got a 16GB version contract/branding free for around €212

https://www.paketfabrik.de/mp3-player.de/index.php?page=article&ID=100629

It took around 3 weeks to arrive though. Changing the OS language from German to English is easy if you have even with only a basic knowledge of either the OS or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

I can't comment on the other phones, but I've had no problems with my LG Optimus 7 and would certainly recommend it. :)

Engadget had a good breakdown of all the Launch WP7's

HTC HD7

HTC Surround

HTC 7 Mozart

Samsung Omnia 7

Samsung Focus

LG Optimus 7
    I can't comment on the other phones, but I've had no problems with my LG Optimus 7 and would certainly recommend it. :)

I'll second that.

The latest zune update took away podcasts :(:(:(

Wish they would hurry up and roll out Zune services in more countries :S

On the good news side lots of mango apps in the marketplace are popping up :)

Multi Tasking enabled :P

As well as the new mango app functions to pin the functions to the homescreen.

Downloaded tasks from marketplace. Best example of how it should be done on every platform for your todo's list :)

Make a shortcut of what you need. Not just the app :)

On the good news side lots of mango apps in the marketplace are popping up :)

Multi Tasking enabled :P

As well as the new mango app functions to pin the functions to the homescreen.

Downloaded tasks from marketplace. Best example of how it should be done on every platform for your todo's list :)

Make a shortcut of what you need. Not just the app :)

Care to name a few Mango friendly examples? I'm dying to try em out. :D

• Advertisement

Care to name a few Mango friendly examples? I'm dying to try em out. :D

Well tasks is the one i noticed that supports all mango features.

Samsung Now Hub has multi tasking enabled.

Theres lots more being reported on twitter. Just dont try them all :)

Well tasks is the one i noticed that supports all mango features.

Samsung Now Hub has multi tasking enabled.

Theres lots more being reported on twitter. Just dont try them all :)

Cheers. Tasks is much better than the app I was using even without the Mango goodness, so thanks for that.

gReadie and Wonder Reader are also Mango ready. I might buy the full version of one now, I've been using the mobile Google Reader site since last year.

Was just looking at HTC Radar and in specs it says it has internet sharing!!!!

Its finally coming ", :)

http://www.htc.com/www/smartphones/htc-radar/#specs

I just noticed that Xbox 360s dont recognize WP7 devices. I hope that will be remedied soon :(
    Was just looking at HTC Radar and in specs it says it has internet sharing!!!!

Its finally coming ", :)

http://www.htc.com/www/smartphones/htc-radar/#specs

If you think thats something, check out the aptly named Titan;

http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/01/htc-titan-and-radar-wp-7-mango-phones-revealed-we-go-hands/

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭obriea3

Jasus.....Titan looks like some phone!!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I'm loving the look of the Titan! 4.7 inch display may be too big though?

Same here. Like th phone. Just too big. For me 4" is perfect. As well its too big for our limited resolution.

Would love if they just brought out a lovely Desire S like phone. I was actually hoping for somehing like it. I think the Desire S is the nicest looking phone out at the moment for me. If they brough out something like with for WP7 with a 4" screen it would be a winner for me.

Right now i dont think my next phone is going to be HTC again. Which is really a shame as i love HTC design and their soap bar design that feels perfect in the hand.

Omnia 7 and the Galaxy S2 arent that comfortable to hold compared to previously owned HD2, HD7 and Original Desire

Guess ill have to wait and see what samsung and lg will deliver.

Your just a wimp, I use an iPad as a phone :pac:

haha, I think something between 3.5 and 4 inches is perfect for a phone. The Optimus 7 is 3.7", and its the most comfortable phone I've held.

QQ transparent wallpapers dont really work anymore in mango :(

They come up all messed up.

Only work properly if pressed. But if not its a mess :(

Even though it wasnt an official feature. It was still a nice thing to have :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

I asked one of the Microsoft reps about this last night and he said he has nothing to say regarding Zune Pass coming to Ireland. I was expecting that answer but it still made me sad! :(

He also smiled when I asked for a Mango release date, although Radar and TITAN are October so it should be then at the latest!

Sorry, forgot to mention (Shamelessly plug :P ) that I'm not just some randomer, I write for TechTV101.com

http://www.techtv101.com/gadgets_htc-radar-titan-officially-unveiled

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement