Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Team Boards.ie/Wheelworxs Race Around Ireland from September 14 2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

What I want to know is: who drew the short straw and gets to up St Patrick's Hill?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

penexpers wrote: »
    What I want to know is: who drew the short straw and gets to up St Patrick's Hill?

Will let yis know who does it :)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,094 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Raam wrote: »
    Will let yis know who does it :)
    As Boards are sponsoring the team, perhaps we should have polls on certain challenges within the RAI, with Mods getting the casting vote.

For this particular "task" my vote goes to Tom as punishment a prize for turning up to winning last night's TT:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Enough about your punishment... I'm getting the cake orders in tomorrow. Mmmmmm Mr Kippling and Gâteau cakes, official sponsor of the cycling forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Hmm. The Kipling Cherry Bakewell should be a mad sugar rush but it ain't no Tartelette au Fraise...

• Advertisement

Our Sponsor Premier Foods will be supling the team with Cadbury Mini Rolls, Mr Kippling and Gateau cakes ! I am picking up boxes next week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭shaungil

It sounds like the cake sponsorship has been done in exceedingly good taste.

shaungil wrote: »
    It sounds like the cake sponsorship has been done in exceedingly good taste.

Shaun, I've really missed your posts around here. Don't ever leave us again.

OFFBEAT Print and Design will be giving the team some signs! Look out for the Boards.ie heads and logos on our cars and riders :)

Thanks to http://offbeat.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

With all this prep work yous are going to have to win it now. No pressure.:D

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,094 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Raam wrote: »
    Shaun, I've really missed your posts around here. Don't ever leave us again.
    He's no RAI to worry about this year, so has started his hibernation plans a bit early. I believe he has agreed to take any leftover cakes off your hands after you complete the trip, as he's got to bulk-up for the long winter ahead ...

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

Beasty wrote: »
    leftover cakes

You've never seen Raam eat have you?

With all this prep work yous are going to have to win it now. No pressure.:D

Caroline has played an absolute blinder on the PR/sponsorship front. If there is anyone out there looking for a whirlwind to whip up enthusiasm I can thoroughly recommend her!

We've a busy couple of weeks ahead and then the serious work of hugging/cajoling/screaming/mothering/beasting the riders round starts. I can't wait for it and am quite envious of the lads doing the riding but I doubt I'll be thinking that when I first see one of them drooling and sobbing his way into a headwind in the arse end of nowhere some cold night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭rash

any idea on dates/times when ye might be in Kerry during the trip

Some time on the 16th I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭emtroche

rash wrote: »
    any idea on dates/times when ye might be in Kerry during the trip

We have a schedule which can be downloaded here

That gives a rough idea of expected times at given speeds. The website will be updated regularly during the race so it should be a lot easier to know when people are passing a certain place.

emtroche wrote: »
    We have a schedule which can be downloaded here

That gives a rough idea of expected times at given speeds. The website will be updated regularly during the race so it should be a lot easier to know when people are passing a certain place.

I think they're after the cake ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 cycleofusa2010

Hi guys,

Just want to send you a big good luck for the upcoming race.

We're doing some long days in the saddle at the moment (3 Irish guys travelling from Seattle to Washington D.C. over 7 weeks) but it's a different ball game altogether doing such distances in one go.

Hope all is well with the training and you stay safe on the road.

Best,
    Eoin and the Cycle of America 2010 Team
    www.cycleofamerica2010.com

Preparations coming along nicely. Team meeting last night just drove home how much of an undertaking this is but I for one haven't lost sight that it's going to be a great experience.

Wondering if anyone has any insight into excess insurance when renting a camper? I've got it in the past for standard car rental but can't seem to find any for camper vans.

Cheers folks.

Thank you Premier Foods and Cadbury! We got 2 of of each of these: Cadbury Cake Cars, Cadbury Mini Rolls, Gateau French Fancies, Gateau Swiss Rolls, Mr Kipling Oatibakes :)
    scaled.php?tn=0&server=413&filename=5gom.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

PS... i'm only 5foot nothing ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,059 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Holy transfats!

Lumen wrote: »
    Holy transfats!

I wasn't expecting them to be so generous tbh

:)

Just for Raam.

You've gotta get some good results with that. It's really taking the biscuit.

shaungil wrote: »
    Just for Raam.

You've gotta get some good results with that. It's really taking the biscuit.

I'm biting my cadbury's fingers in anticipation of the event.

Custard creaming yourself with excitement

Thank you Premier Foods and Cadbury! We got 2 of of each of these: Cadbury Cake Cars, Cadbury Mini Rolls, Gateau French Fancies, Gateau Swiss Rolls, Mr Kipling Oatibakes :)
    scaled.php?tn=0&server=413&filename=5gom.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

PS... i'm only 5foot nothing ...

Holy cr^p! We're gonna need a bigger camper van.......

jeffontour wrote: »
    Holy cr^p! We're gonna need a bigger camper van.......

... and another toilet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

@Caroline Tried to send you a PM but your PM inbox is full(must be people looking for cake) so I've sent it to Tom.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭100Suns

It would be a grave insult to your sponsors if the riders didn't eat every last morsel of what's in every one of those boxes before the event. Absolutely no sharing and no secreting chocolate in vases, household appliances and pets.

• Advertisement

100Suns wrote: »
    It would be a grave insult to your sponsors if the riders didn't eat every last morsel of what's in every one of those boxes before the event. Absolutely no sharing and no secreting chocolate in vases, household appliances and pets.

Yes, D., you can have some as you are racing and you're a real boardsie ( but noone else on your team ;)).
    We will be happy to share the Gateaux Swiss Rolls with visiting cheering Boardsies at the start and finish too :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement