Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Team Boards.ie/Wheelworxs Race Around Ireland from September 14 2010

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,094 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

If you get the timing right, I'm going to try to get to the finish - any chance of saving me a Cadbury's Mini Roll?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Beasty wrote: »
    If you get the timing right, I'm going to try to get to the finish - any chance of saving me a Cadbury's Mini Roll?
    We only have about 120 of these ... I am not sure there will ne any left ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,059 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Each mini roll contains 116 calories. This is enough to fuel approx 8 minutes of cycling.

If this thing takes 4 days and we only had mini rolls to eat, we would need approx 720 mini rolls, plus another 275 ish for background metabolism. That would total about 1000 mini rolls, which would weigh about 26kg, the weight of an average 8 year old boy.

...and that's just for the riders. The crew would have to eat each other.

Lumen wrote: »

...and that's just for the riders. The crew would have to eat each other.

Which of the crew member would be more calorific to eat ..? I am thinking me, however i am smaller and not as lean as Dirk so there would be more proteins in Dirk than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

There will be no cakes left.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,094 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

we would need approx 720 mini rolls, plus another 275 ish for background metabolism. That would total about 1000 mini rolls,

So you're admitting you are nearly 900 mini rolls short. Sounds like bad planning to me. Who's responsible for this fiasco?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Beasty wrote: »
    So you're admitting you are nearly 900 mini rolls short. Sounds like bad planning to me. Who's responsible for this fiasco?
    It's ok, apparently all they need to do is kidnap an 8 year old boy and they'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

The crew would have to eat each other.

No crew members may be consumed until deemed replaceable, surplus to requirements or they block the jax in the camper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭shaungil

8yr olds?

Midgets on bikes now I'm getting reaaaaallll interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭godihatedehills

jeffontour wrote: »
    Preparations coming along nicely. Team meeting last night just drove home how much of an undertaking this is but I for one haven't lost sight that it's going to be a great experience.

Wondering if anyone has any insight into excess insurance when renting a camper? I've got it in the past for standard car rental but can't seem to find any for camper vans.

Cheers folks.

Rented one once before and you couldn't reduce the excess, so try not to rent it from total cowboys....

• Advertisement

Rented one once before and you couldn't reduce the excess, so try not to rent it from total cowboys....
    what about not crashing ...?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

what about not crashing ...?

Its not the driver of the camper you need to worry about. Over on ART when they were doing the Malin to Mizen run 3 people crashed into their camper van. Typical impatient drivers trying to squeeze by them etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭rash

Best of luck, hope all goes well, will be keeping a close eye on the progress and if you're passing thru Killarney/Tralee at a a decent hour I'll try to get out to cheer ye on.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭emtroche

If thats what you guys got i cant wait to see what the 8-person Cadburys team got!! :)

emtroche wrote: »
    If thats what you guys got i cant wait to see what the 8-person Cadburys team got!! :)

They haven't got Caro working for them so we probably got their quota.....

I had two option for minding these boxes. Dropping them off at Lumen's knowing that his body is a temple, however, he has 2 young kids and I don't trust them. So I decided to leave the boxes with Tom ... however, I think the toddlers might have have been a better idea.

jeffontour wrote: »
    They haven't got Caro working for them so we probably got their quota.....

Think me may try and get Caroline working for the race organisation next year! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Bad news, team-mates. Those boxes turned out to be a lot emptier than we first thought. Some of them have nothing at all in them except empty wrappers. :confused:

In completely unrelated news I seem to have suddenly become quite obese and now have type 2 diabetes.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭toomuchdetail

Is there anything apart from shouts of encouragement people can give enroute to support the extended team ?
    Trying to follow th earlier enclosed schedule but there seems to be a big window where people are going thru.

Is there anything apart from shouts of encouragement people can give enroute to support the extended team ?
    Trying to follow th earlier enclosed schedule but there seems to be a big window where people are going thru.

Sandwiches! Failing that, shouts of encouragement will do just fine :)

See you on the road.

• Advertisement

Chasing them up the hills in mankinis may encourage them to go a bit faster ....

Hermy had to pull out of the race - We need a replacement with a full drivers licence to help in the support vehicle.

Please if you are available from tuesday to saturday, let me or RAAM know.

Hermy had to pull out of the race - We need a replacement with a full drivers licence to help in the support vehicle.

Please if you are available from tuesday to saturday, let me or RAAM know.

GoHardOrGoHome has been roped in, I mean volunteered. Thanks to Hermy for all his help up to now.

That was a scary hour and a half. :pac:

Guys - we are planning to finish the race with Boards.ie kits - we would need the loan of 2 M jerseys if possible ... I originally asked for S ... but our riders have started the cakes already ...

Please let me know if you can help!

thanks a mil!

The Race Around Ireland inbox has gone spookily quiet over the last 24 hours! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭100Suns

Is it possible to OD on cake? Would appear so!:eek:

100Suns wrote: »
    Is it possible to OD on cake? Would appear so!:eek:

I've come close a few times.

Do you prefer Cadbury's Rolls or French Fancies? We may have some to spare :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Raam wrote: »
    I've come close a few times.

Do you prefer Cadbury's Rolls or French Fancies? We may have some to spare :P

Keep me a fancy and I may help you as you come thru Kerry:D
    Choc or Pink one. You can keep the yellow ones.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement