Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bioshock Infinite

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Just being slightly picky - but at the very start "from the makers of the highest rated first-person shooter of all time" ?

I'm near positive Half Life 2 has that honor.

They're level on Metacritic for PC (96 out of 100) but the 360 Bioshock is ahead so I guess they're entitled to the claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Achievements (minus story-based ones) are out.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/bioshock-infinite/achievements/

150 gamerscore on the 1999 mode, so at least two full play-throughs if you want the 1k/platinum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Mr E wrote: »
    Achievements (minus story-based ones) are out.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/bioshock-infinite/achievements/

150 gamerscore on the 1999 mode, so at least two full play-throughs if you want the 1k/platinum.

Hopefully difficulty ones stack, I'm sure they will but played a few games recently were it wasn't the case so I get suspicious when I see those :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Drum.lad

Quick question...I have the songbird edition pre-ordered from amazon.fr. My concern is will the game be in French?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Dunno how I missed this but the PC specs were released last month. Also as it is shipping as 3 DVDs I am guessing it will be a huge RAGE/Max Payne 3 sized download in the order of 20-25GB. :eek:
    http://irrationalgames.com/insider/pc-specifications-for-bioshock-infinite-announced/

MINIMUM
    Processor: Intel Core 2 DUO 2.4 GHz / AMD Athlon X2 2.7 GHz
    Memory: 2 GB
    Hard Drive: 20 GB free
    Video Card: DirectX10 Compatible ATI Radeon HD 3870 / NVIDIA 8800 GT / Intel HD 3000 Integrated Graphics
    Video Card Memory: 512 MB
    Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

RECOMMENDED
    Processor: Quad Core Processor
    Memory: 4 GB
    Hard Drive: 30 GB free
    Video Card: DirectX11 Compatible, AMD Radeon HD 6950 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560
    Video Card Memory: 1024 MB
    Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Bah, still a month away!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Bah, still a month away!!

Self induced coma?

Too far? :pac:

Drum.lad wrote: »
    Quick question...I have the songbird edition pre-ordered from amazon.fr. My concern is will the game be in French?

I'm assuming that you should be able to adjust the language settings?

Super excited about this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

I have it prebooked on amazon,how long after release would i normally get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I have it prebooked on amazon,how long after release would i normally get it?

I pre-ordered Ni No Kuni, was shipped the Friday on release and had it the following Tuesday on the free super saver delivery. So could be middle of the next week.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

isn't bioshock out on a tuesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Drum.lad

I'm assuming that you should be able to adjust the language settings?

Super excited about this.

This is what I'm hoping.Never bought a foreign game before...shame no where in Ireland stocks the songbird edition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

It is out on a Tuesday. Same as tomb raider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

tuesday the 26th?no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Where is the best place to order this guys? I've no problem paying a premium for delivery on-time or earlier?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Where is the best place to order this guys? I've no problem paying a premium for delivery on-time or earlier?

Gamestop are pretty good for getting you games on time. Or Gamesnash.

Don't go near the likes of Zavvi if you want it on time.

danthefan wrote: »

Gamestop are pretty good for getting you games on time. Or Gamesnash.

Don't go near the likes of Zavvi if you want it on time.

Gamesnash don't seem to have it listed on their site. Where is everybody gettin their copy?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭kilfeather94

actually, xtra-vision seem to be selling the Songbird Edition. Not sure if it's still available though. http://www.xtra-vision.ie/bioshock-infinite-song-bird-ps3.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭LiamKK1982

Well this is the first game I have pre ordered from the PS Store. Payment won't be taken from my funds until a few days before release and I can pre download it on the 22nd. Also got Bioshock 1 as a pre order bonus, downloading it now (all 12gb of it).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I'm thinking of ordering it off amazon.co.uk, the premium version, for £55. The Songbird version is fairly expensive, isn't it? I need to get a new phone soon, so not going to spend the kind of money the Songbird one was asking for.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bioshock-Infinite-Premium-Xbox-360/dp/B009USTCFC/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1362605956&sr=1-2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,682 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Gamesnash don't seem to have it listed on their site. Where is everybody gettin their copy?

Gamesnash have it here for 49.99 http://gamesnash.ie/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&zenid=ibbl73h5fc9f4idt5o3a2vc9v2&keyword=bioshock+infinite&x=0&y=0

I got a few games off them a day early, the rest on release day.

I'm a bit skeptical of this. Will be waiting for some reviews. Bioshock 1 was class. Never played the 2nd one but have it in my download list from PSN so should give it a lash at some point.

Bioshock 2 was class as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Bioshock 2 was class as well.

Ah it was a bit disappointing. Nowhere near the first game. But, then, it wasn't Irrational at the helm.

Anyway, this one is good having played it for 4 hours, but I'm not 100% sure it's going to be the game some are expecting

• Registered Users Posts: 29,682 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

COYVB wrote: »
    Ah it was a bit disappointing. Nowhere near the first game. But, then, it wasn't Irrational at the helm.

Anyway, this one is good having played it for 4 hours, but I'm not 100% sure it's going to be the game some are expecting

Did you get a review copy or something? it's not out til the end of March.

So it doesn't really play like Bioshock 1 or 2?

It's a sequel though. The first game is always going to be the best. I thought it was a very good game. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Did you get a review copy or something? it's not out til the end of March.

So it doesn't really play like Bioshock 1 or 2?

Played a slightly less than finished version at an event last month (the stuff that was missing I wouldn't have had a chance to see in the time i was playing anyway apparently)

It's hard to explain really. It's a good game, the level design is solid, the visuals are lovely (except i'm unconvinced by the frame rate) and the setup and story i played is decent... there were just too many enemies to shoot in the face at any given time really - and some of them are REALLY bullet spongey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I've been playing bioshock 1 and 2 on the PS3, and there are some serious frame rate issues./ More so in 1 than 2, hope thats not the case in infinite.

I wouldn't say there were any issues with slowdown or anything like that, as such, really. It's more that the whole thing didn't feel like it was running as smoothly as I would have liked. Technically, I remember reading that it DOES actually run around 60FPS, it just doesn't feel anything like it. Perhaps it's just down to slightly jerky animations or something

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

cloud493 wrote: »
    I've been playing bioshock 1 and 2 on the PS3, and there are some serious frame rate issues./ More so in 1 than 2, hope thats not the case in infinite.
    The PS3 version is apparently worse than the 360 version.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/xbox-360-vs-ps3-face-off-round-15-article?page=2
    And for BioShock 2, things had improved over the first, but here's more specifics on that: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-bioshock2-face-off-article?page=3

BioShock 2 is a great game. It isn't as good as the first, the story was a lot better there, in my opinion. They did add some nice gameplay elements to it, though. They really didn't need to add multiplayer to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

I wouldn't say there were any issues with slowdown or anything like that, as such, really. It's more that the whole thing didn't feel like it was running as smoothly as I would have liked. Technically, I remember reading that it DOES actually run around 60FPS, it just doesn't feel anything like it. Perhaps it's just down to slightly jerky animations or something

Doesn't look system demanding at all! pretty game but no where near Crysis 3 level of detail and scope, i'm sure the finished product will run very well on a average pc with medium settings.
    Can't speak for xbox360 and ps3 as far as i'm concerned those systems are relics!

Advertisement