Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bioshock Infinite

Options

Comments

As much as I loved Bioshock, the Vita Chambers that they had in the game took away a lot from it, I thought. It certainly removed a lot of tension as you knew that you didn't have to worry about dying, as there was one pretty damned near. Would love if Infinite got rid of them completely.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

As much as I loved Bioshock, the Vita Chambers that they had in the game took away a lot from it, I thought. It certainly removed a lot of tension as you knew that you didn't have to worry about dying, as there was one pretty damned near. Would love if Infinite got rid of them completely.

Was there not a patch soon after release that allowed you to turn them off? Or am I thinking of BS2?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Yeah, there was a patch for the first game. But without an checkpoint system or auto-save it meant you had to keep manually saving your progress or else risk losing it when killed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

• Advertisement

It's really hard to tell how to feel about the game. It looks a lot of fun, but is so far removed from Bioshock in so many ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

It's really hard to tell how to feel about the game. It looks a lot of fun, but is so far removed from Bioshock in so many ways.

All the press that played it last week said it felt like Bioshock but it was the complete opposite of the ideas in bioshock 1, god and racism had no place in it but here it's all about religion, god and politics. Game looks absolutely stunning and i can see it becoming game of the year hands down. One of the press said when playing it for 4 hours he felt the same way after he played Half Life 2 for the first time, now that's something that isn't said too offten

Vote for your favorite reversible cover of bioshock infinite! http://irrationalgames.com/insider/poll/

Design 1
    6KwXC.jpg

Design 2
    X0UAn.jpg

Design 3
    x0vOz.jpg

Design 4
    v6wpJ.jpg

Design 5
    JrqcZ.jpg

Design 6
    4Rfhy.jpg

And then, two interviews with Ken Levine!

And the quote mentioned above from PCgamer
    I’ve just played the first five hours of BioShock Infinite, and I’ve come away with the same dazed feeling I got after I first played Half-Life 2. It’s a sensory overload: a relentless series of staggering sights, astonishing events, and more story and detail and mysteries than I could possibly absorb.

I’m not quite sure what I was expecting, but not this..

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/12/07/bioshock-infinite-first-impressions-from-our-massive-hands-on-spoiler-free/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Went for 6 although I was very tempted by 4. They are the stand out ones imo and it looks like the internet agrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

can i ask why the box art is being made into such a big deal?
    i mean i like a great looking cover but it wont make me not buy a game im looking forward to. i never look at the covers once its on a shelf in my apartment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

EyeSight wrote: »
    i mean i like a great looking cover but it wont make me not buy a game im looking forward to. i never look at the covers once its on a shelf in my apartment

i have to agree. i could not give a toss about art work on a box...

Did you watch the first vid Cloud493 posted?
    The fans made a big deal out of it and Ken Levine gave a honest answer saying they're trying to appeal to everyone.
    you may not decide on buying a game based on the cover but a lot of dumb meat heads or basically casually gamers who don't read gaming sites or stay up to date with gaming news might.
    From my own personal experience i have spoken to so called gamers about Bioshock 1 and they never heard of it :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I would assume it's a marketing thing and it seems to be working.

I'd love it if the third one won, so it was the same cover on both sides :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,143 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I have no problem with the box art; like Ken Levine said it's purely there to appeal to a wider market, people who ordinarily wouldn't touch something like Bioshock, and all so Levine & co. can keep making their unique style of 'highbrow' games. Ultimately that's a good thing, how can it not be?

Just seems like the usual self-entitled whinging and clamour from gamers, as per usual unfortunately. For comparisons sake, I've never seen any film-fan get p*ssy because a movie's poster looks grotty (which they tend to by default)

Bioshock Infinite looks stellar in its ambition and concept - who the hell cares what its cover looks like? Besides, for anyone intending to buy the game digitally the entire debate is rendered meaningless :D I haven't had box art to fret over in years!

I won't deny, I do enjoy a nice looking box art.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Design 4 by a country mile. Knockout stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

KilOit wrote: »
    Did you watch the first vid Cloud493 posted?
    The fans made a big deal out of it and Ken Levine gave a honest answer saying they're trying to appeal to everyone.
    you may not decide on buying a game based on the cover but a lot of dumb meat heads or basically casually gamers who don't read gaming sites or stay up to date with gaming news might.
    From my own personal experience i have spoken to so called gamers about Bioshock 1 and they never heard of it :eek:
    i did. and i think he made a good point in that video. they want to make a brilliant game and to do that and continue making more they need to sell a lot of copies(it is a business)

i just want to know why people, who are looking forward to this game, people who read up on it, would moan so much about the cover? surely you should only care about the gameplay. just sounds like snobbery from the "hardcore gamers"

would they prefer they went down the activision COD route?

Oh right, yeah those people are pathetic, the smallest of things to moan about, the cover could be blank for all I care.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Moaning about the box art is really stupid in my opinion. It could have a picture of a toilet on it and I would still buy it. The game looks incredible

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yeah, i couldn't care less what the box art is like. The game itself stands out on it's own merits.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Lemonperv

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,143 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The first 5 minutes - effectively the introduction scene - has been released. There's nothing overly spoilery tbh, it just establishes the basic premise.

The chatter between the two on the boat is bizarre, but a nice touch:

A fairly awesome fake-archive video popped up today; there's no question - I don't care about the gameplay, I'm more interested in playing this for the world-building & fiction :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

And a new trailer:-

Looking forward to this now mainly because of the video pixelburp posted. Can't wait to follow the story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

Did they rip-off the soundtrack of Inception for that video?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

really looking forward to this..one of my favourite game franchises!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

yes please!

Any info on collectors editions yet?

or any info on the best preorder price? ( PC )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Just being slightly picky - but at the very start "from the makers of the highest rated first-person shooter of all time" ?

I'm near positive Half Life 2 has that honor.

Trailer looks great, hopefully the voice acting on the main character is up to par and doesn't grind on me.
    Bioshock 1 and 2 are two of my favourite games ever, and I was happy enough with a silent protagonist. Obviously this guy needs a voice, just hope it's not to cliched

Advertisement