Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bioshock Infinite

Options

Comments

I really hope they keep multiplayer out of Infinite.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

If the delay is going into making the game better, leave 'em at it.

Even a 'two year' sequel development cycle can be far, far too short. Bioshock Infinite looks like the ever rarer sequel that is a complete rebuild, while still remaining loyal to the themes and gameplay of the original. It's a long wait, but I'd rather a game that takes the time to live up to its potential rather than rushed out and is missing certain ingredients.

As long as they at least keep us relatively tangible release windows and updates - Last Guardian? Half-Life 3? - there is no need to complain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

I never understand why people get pissed off by a game being delayed, like you have to play it this year, next is just too far away. Patience... :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

No-one rushes Terence Malick. No-one rushes Jonathan Franzen. We sure as hell shouldn't rush Ken Levine!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I really hope they keep multiplayer out of Infinite.

You know that's not going to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

"Get that Multi-Player outta my single player"

Yadadadadada, blah blah blah.

Jesus, if they do add it just don't play it. Stop annoying those of us who might actually want the choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,311 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Getting sick of multiplayer where it doesn't belong as well I have to say.

Uncharted and Bioshock 2.

I sincerely doubt many people on here still play them online anymore.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Delay? Nooooooooooooo!

*sobs quietly*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

screenshot_292228_thumb_wide620.jpg
    Ultimate Songbird Edition contents:
    9.5 inch Songbird statue
    A 3-inch baby version keychain of the sold-out Murder of Crows vigor bottle replica.
    A 5 x 7-inch lithograph by Jorge Lacera.
    A 25 millimeter, resin-cast Handyman miniature from the upcoming BioShock Infinite board game by Plaid Hat Games, makers of Summoner Wars.
    A mini art book, full of BioShock Infinite concept art and commentary, with a hand-distressed cover.
    Various digital goodies: exclusive in-game gear, a digital soundtrack, and platform specific downloadable content (Avatar costumes for Xbox 360, and Themes for PC and PlayStation 3).
    The Premium Edition features all of the above contents minus the Songbird statue. Back in May publisher Take-Two delayed the BioShock Infinite release date from this October to February 26, 2013.

Irrational is set to release a new BioShock Infinite trailer this Sunday. It will be the first time the game has been shown off since the announcement of its delay earlier this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well, this is a collectors edition I really want. I am still kicking myself for not picking up bioshock big daddy collectors edition :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

noodler wrote: »
    Getting sick of multiplayer where it doesn't belong as well I have to say.

Uncharted and Bioshock 2.

I sincerely doubt many people on here still play them online anymore.

I actually though Bioshock 2 was surprisingly good online, I played it an awful lot when I first got the game - and it had been out quite a while before I played it. I played it online pretty recently and there was still people playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,854 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

GTR63 wrote: »
    screenshot_292228_thumb_wide620.jpg

An damn it! Another collectors edition. I'm broke already!!! At least it's not out until Feb!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

No-one rushes Terence Malick. No-one rushes Jonathan Franzen. We sure as hell shouldn't rush Ken Levine!

Or Gabe ! ...people have been trying to rush him for 10 years :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,762 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

"Get that Multi-Player outta my single player"

Yadadadadada, blah blah blah.

Jesus, if they do add it just don't play it. Stop annoying those of us who might actually want the choice.

Adding it drags out the development cycle so the result is a game with a multiplayer option that feels tacked on in many cases.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Drum.lad

Will this edition be available here?? It will be mine OH YES it will be mine.

Also Uncharted 2 and 3 are some of my favorite multiplayer games and really add value to the package as a whole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,762 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Drum.lad wrote: »
    Will this edition be available here?? It will be mine OH YES it will be mine.

Also Uncharted 2 and 3 are some of my favorite multiplayer games and really add value to the package as a whole.

I never said that multiplayer is always awful. I meant that most games don't need it.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Possibly my most anticipated game right now :D

I never said that multiplayer is always awful. I meant that most games don't need it.

I know ya didnt :) And your right some games have multiplayer just tacked on i.e Dead Space 2

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Wasn't a big fan on the Bioshock series, got bored of them by time I finished them but this one is definitely one of the titles I want to play the most

• Advertisement

Went into gamestop and they had no idea about the songbird edition. :(

Game has the exclusive rights to the songbird edition in the UK. So i can only assume no one here will have it. Anyone ever ordered from Game UK will they ship here.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

GTR63 wrote: »

Christ I can't wait for this game!

http://kotaku.com/5963125/bioshock-infinite-wont-have-multiplayer

*wipes single tear of happiness from eye*

Death to superfluous multiplayer!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

http://kotaku.com/5963125/bioshock-infinite-wont-have-multiplayer

*wipes single tear of happiness from eye*

Death to superfluous multiplayer!

Wasn't that announced ages ago? I think we got it even posted here few pages ago.

Though yes, it's a great news. No half arsed multiplayer.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm delighted it doesn't have it to be honest. While i've been wrong before (Mass Effect 3), i generally hate when multiplayer is added into this type of game. It's definitely a single player experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Don't need to be seeing 12 year old kids shouting "n00b, pwnd ur ass faggòt!" in a Bioshock game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

really looking forward to this game,one of my favourite series of recent years,february is too far away :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

there's no steam sales in february/march, right?

hopefully enough people pay a reasonable price for it (and that it's worth a reasonable price in the first place) instead of huge chunks of gamers waiting like vultures for a 25-50% drop a few months down the line

• Advertisement

Whoop to no multiplayer. Means they won't take away from the single player like many, many other games.

Advertisement