Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bioshock Infinite

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Anyone know when the review embargo ends?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I believe it's Thursday at 9pm Pacific (which is Friday morning at 5am our time).
    That's the time IGN are posting their review, anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

IGN mentioned slow down In the 360 version.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Would this be worth getting if you've never played a bioshock game before?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

It a separate universe so just jump right in there. No experience nescessary :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Great deal on over at GMG for Bioshock infinite, bioshock 1, enemy unknown, + one more game of your choosing between "mafia 2, BioShock2, spec ops the line, darkness 2, Civilization V" all for 37e ^^

http://www.greenmangaming.com/bundles/

i got spec ops dL'ing now =]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Great deal on over at GMG for Bioshock infinite, bioshock 1, enemy unknown, + one more game of your choosing between "mafia 2, BioShock2, spec ops the line, darkness 2, Civilization V" all for 37e ^^

I had a previous pre order with them so I emailed them to see if I could get the free xcom code aswell. They said all previous pre orders will get an xcom code by the 26th of march :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

If you add the bundle to your basket using a uk proxy and pay via paypal, it'll cost you £23.99, for which paypal charged €29.09 on my card. Took me a few attempts to make it work, but it went through eventually.

There's absolutely no justification for the €8 difference in price given that this is a digital copy. By their logic €1 = £.64 instead of the £.85 it is in reality. (Paypal gave me £.82)

Fantastic deal all the same, I picked up Civ 5.

Nice job, i wish i knew this afew hours ago!.
    one thing though, how safe is it entering paypal passwords and what not through a proxy ?. anyones iv ever used have warned not to enter any sensitive info through them, although i havnt used many, maybe theres more secure ones if you know where to look, or if its a paid for proxy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

As has been said, you don't need to. I'd say you should, not even on the basis of getting more out of Infinite, but just on the basis the games are worth playing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Never had any interest in playing 1 or 2 but infinite seems like an interesting universe :).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

mystic86 wrote: »
    Anyone know when the review embargo ends?
    Mr E wrote: »
    I believe it's Thursday at 9pm Pacific (which is Friday morning at 5am our time).
    That's the time IGN are posting their review, anyway.

Worse than that... IGN have exclusive rights to first review - which I really don't like the idea of. The actual embargo isn't up until Monday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Worse than that... IGN have exclusive rights to first review - which I really don't like the idea of. The actual embargo isn't up until Monday :(

Giving out exclusive rights to the first review is a bit tacky, especially since IGN wouldn't be my favourite source! I just glanced at the final paragraph of their Review in Progress thought and it's positive. I know very little about the game and I'm trying to keep it that way, I just want to make sure it lives up to the first two.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Anyone know of a good per order deal for the Xbox?
    Was looking at GameStop and they're €55 for the steel case edition.
    Amazon are €45 for the regular version.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Anyone know of a good per order deal for the Xbox?
    Was looking at GameStop and they're €55 for the steel case edition.
    Amazon are €55 for the regular version.
    It's €45 on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

ShaneU wrote: »
    It's €45 on Amazon.

D'oh! Yup 45's not too bad but I'm still tempted by the steel box edition.
    Don't think I'd fork out for the Songbird edition or €65 for the limited edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

Gamersgate.co.uk has same deal for £30, slightly cheaper and they also offer about £8 worth of store credit as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Simi wrote: »
    If you add the bundle to your basket using a uk proxy and pay via paypal, it'll cost you £23.99, for which paypal charged €29.09 on my card. Took me a few attempts to make it work, but it went through eventually.

There's absolutely no justification for the €8 difference in price given that this is a digital copy. By their logic €1 = £.64 instead of the £.85 it is in reality. (Paypal gave me £.82)

Fantastic deal all the same, I picked up Civ 5.

I tried that but gave up.
    Got my paypal account limited twice and then greenmangaming would remove the bundle I wanted from my cart anytime I put it in. :confused:
    Killed the VPN and gave them their extra €8 in the end.
    Still better than the steam preorder I went for just before greenman added xcom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

What's with the crazy deals with bioshock infinite?! The game will sell well on its own, got the gmg one, didn't know about gamersgate!
    So take it I download it from steam on release day?

Occono wrote: »
    Gamersgate.co.uk has same deal for £30, slightly cheaper and they also offer about £8 worth of store credit as well.

you sure ?, no free games stated in the pre-order bonus offer.. unless i missed something
    http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-BIOSI/bioshock-infinite

Edit,
    nvm found it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

you sure ?, no free games stated in the pre-order bonus offer.. unless i missed something
    http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-BIOSI/bioshock-infinite

http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/bioshockinfinite

They added this page after that page. Click buy and you get to pick your games :P

I went ahead and bought it on GamersGate, it was €36.58 through Paypal if anyone wants the exact price. Also comes with Industrial Revolution though it wasn't clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

You can pre-order on amazon and get the code for the web game.......... then cancel the order if people are looking for it for the goodies, didn't cancel my order as they seem to be the cheapest if im willing to wait a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

D'oh! Yup 45's not too bad but I'm still tempted by the steel box edition.
    Don't think I'd fork out for the Songbird edition or €65 for the limited edition.
    €38 delivered @SimplyGames, delivery probably longer than amazon though

http://www.simplygames.com/info/19159/Bioshock-Infinite-Xbox-360

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Can't believe it's only 4 days away after all the waiting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭wayne040576

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Works out at €29.29 on PayPal, that is an awesome price however I just purchased it and they won't release the activation code until 26/03/2013 01:01 AM British Time, which means you can't pre-load it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭wayne040576

sink wrote: »
    Works out at €29.29 on PayPal, that is an awesome price however I just purchased it and they won't release the activation code until 26/03/2013 01:01 AM British Time, which means you can't pre-load it.

Does it really matter? You'll get it quick enough.
    I got it too from there a couple of weeks ago. I don't really care that I can't preload it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Haven't played Bioshock 2, but did anyone else thing the original game was incredibly over-rated? The combat system was awful, trying to aim and shoot accurately was nigh on impossible and ruined the entire game for me. I could never understand how it was so well received.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Does it really matter? You'll get it quick enough.
    I got it too from there a couple of weeks ago. I don't really care that I can't preload it.

Just got an email from them with a code for a free copy of XCOM: Enemy Unknown and a choice of a free game of either Mafia II, Civilization V or The Darkness 2! And a code for BioShock Infinite Industrial Revolution mini puzzle game. All for €29.29, bargain!

Advertisement