Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bioshock Infinite

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

depends on what you mean by rare

there's more than enough picks in the game for all the things that need unlocking anyway. up to a point I rarely had more than 4-5 as there were always doors or safes to unlock. I think I have about 20-25 atm though as i entered a long stretch where they were everywhere and there was nothing to open.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Paul1990 wrote: »
    Are lockpicks very rare? I've been finding them hard to find and I look in every nook and cranny in these types of games, not a desk or trashcan goes unsearched.

I'm playing on hard so maybe they're less plentiful?

I remember them being a little bit rare at first. By the time I had found enough to open a door I had to retrace my steps a bit. Later on you find a lot more of them. I think I had about 10 of them at any one time. Elizabeth often points them out too.

5uspect wrote: »
    Elizabeth often points them out too.

"booker, theres a lockpick here"

*5 minutes searching the room*

"WHERE? YOU DITZY ****ING ****"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

"booker, theres a lockpick here"

*5 minutes searching the room*

"WHERE? YOU DITZY ****ING ****"

It's highlighted with a blue, glowy halo. You must be blind :p

I think there was only one safe I wasn't able to pick due to limited supplies and that was the very first one you come across that I couldn't find a way back to. For the most part I was floating around with 20 constantly to hand and was fully stocked up by the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,004 ✭✭✭Wossack

tok9 wrote: »
    If you are playing on Ps3, just press the up button on the dpad and it'll direct you to it. I assume it's the same with Xbox

annoyingly on pc, that actually just led you around in a big circle (iirc)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Mouche

It's really amazing game! It has great climate and storyline! I totally recommend it for anyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

Just finished it last night. That ending...

I loved everything about the game, the style and visuals were just brilliant, but I thought they did nothing to really improve the combat or to make it exciting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

The fight against lady comstock was really frustrating. Interesting though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

This game is really tempting me to buy it, but i wanna try and hold out till about Xmas for a nice steam sale. Quick, someone say something bad about it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

This game is really tempting me to buy it, but i wanna try and hold out till about Xmas for a nice steam sale. Quick, someone say something bad about it

....that's all I got.

Buy it. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Combat can be a bit crap at times, enemies sniping you from the other side of large areas or bullet sponge guys throwing rockets at you. And dont get me started on the final, pain in the a** "boss" fight :mad:

And it will probably be cheap even before Xmas, can find it for just over €30 for Steam keys on certain websites.... but that doesnt help, does it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Something bad about it... Whatever games you play after it are going to seem superficial and poorly made.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Did anyone else start feeling guilty about nicking and eating everything they found by the time they hit the poorest areas of the city?

Sarky wrote: »
    Did anyone else start feeling guilty about nicking and eating everything they found by the time they hit the poorest areas of the city?

nope

if they were that damned desperate they would have eaten/spent it already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Loved it. Not sure if I'll do the 1999 mode though!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

On the lockpicks front, I thought I was travelling with Lassie sometimes!

"Ooohh!" - What's that Elizabeth? There's lockpicks in that general direction?!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭Glebee

Picked this up on PC late last week and have been slowly getting through it. It does look very nice with graphics cranked up and it has an engaging story but I'm not sure I would have given it as high a score as critics have given. It's defo a solid game but is it any better than any other recent big budget games. I'm not truely convinced yet.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Glebee wrote: »
    Picked this up on PC late last week and have been slowly getting through it. It does look very nice with graphics cranked up and it has an engaging story but I'm not sure I would have given it as high a score as critics have given. It's defo a solid game but is it any better than any other recent big budget games. I'm not truely convinced yet.......

Short answer, yes. Long answer, play the whole thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Barlett

The gameplay might be uninventive but for the world created it deserves all the plaundits its getting...so different from other AAA games... I mean think of all the COD clones etc we need more games like this

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Carraig Rua

Why can't I scroll my vigors with the mouse wheel you sons of bitches :confused:

Its a ****ing awesome game. Combat is so exciting on hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

Anyone else have the glitch where trophies don't pop unless you're signed into the PSN? I've missed a few story based trophies as well as a few others.

I get booted off PSN periodically when I play so I can't do anything about it. It's a pity because it's a great game so far (I've made it to the Hall of Heroes) but it's really turning me off from playing it anymore.

It just doesn't make sense to me, did they sneak in DRM or something?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

You're seriously considering not finishing a game you are enjoying because of a few achievements? Really?

The music in this game is just brilliant!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

marco_polo wrote: »
    You're seriously considering not finishing a game you are enjoying because of a few achievements? Really?

People actually care about those silly things?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Barlett wrote: »

The Barbershop version of God Only Knows was class. Stood there watching and listening to it till the end. Was powering through the game up until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 DeSmasher

Barlett wrote: »

ya no other game utilies music as good as this game, just like the original the atmosphere is seriously enhanced by the sounds and music, totally sucks you in. love it

• Registered Users Posts: 47 DeSmasher

cambo2008 wrote: »
    The Barbershop version of God Only Knows was class. Stood there watching and listening to it till the end. Was powering through the game up until then.

Same as or the soulful rendition of fortunate son, mesmerizing in its surroundings

• Advertisement

Will the Circle Be Unbroken and that version of Girls Just Wanna Have Fun are my faves so far although I'm not very far into it

Advertisement