Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bioshock Infinite

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

FutureGuy wrote: »
    That's rediculous tbh. Can you return it because it's so late?

Nope, I all ready asked them and they say that if it doesn't arrive within 20 days they'll refund the order to me. I thought I was going to get it on Wednesday or Thursday but this is taking the piss! They only posted on the Monday too which didn't help. Most of the UK online retailers posted on Friday.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Nope, I all ready asked them and they say that if it doesn't arrive within 20 days they'll refund the order to me. I thought I was going to get it on Wednesday or Thursday but this is taking the piss! They only posted on the Monday too which didn't help. Most of the UK online retailers posted on Friday.

Lesson learned I guess. It's a disgrace that this wasn't sent the week before. Gamesnash.ie send a few days early so you get the game on release day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I'm enjoying it so far for what it is.
    You know what you're going to get with a series of games like this. They have added enough new features to make it different from the other 2. Plenty of new weapons, the skyline, the vigours, tears etc.
    What do people expect?

Assasins Creed, God of War, Uncharted, Hitman. You know what you're getting before you play them.
    They are never going to blow you away like the first time you play one.

I got this because I loved the first one and enjoyed the second one and this one is pretty good too. If it was too different I probably wouldn't like it and so would many of the people complaining about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

cambo2008 wrote: »
    You know what you're going to get with a series of games like this. They have added enough new features to make it different from the other 2. Plenty of new weapons, the skyline, the vigours, tears etc.
    What do people expect?

Assasins Creed, God of War, Uncharted, Hitman. You know what you're getting before you play them.

I got this because I loved the first one and enjoyed the second one and this one is pretty good too. If it was too different I probably wouldn't like it and so would many of the people complaining about it.

Wtf? :confused:

Wtf? :confused:
    What is it you're not getting?
    I have to say I'm not too impressed with it. It's a great standalone title but there is the feeling that you've done it all before.

It's kinda like playing assassins creed. You've played one you've played them all.

• Advertisement

What is it you're not getting?

Next time qoute the post you reply to, because that was complete out of context stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Got 40e store credit in gamestop today. Cost me 55e though. Delighted to get 40e back to be honest.

I cant stress this enough to anyone that hasnt bought the game - DONT BUY IT !!!!

Next time qoute the post you reply to, because that was complete out of context stuff...
    Next time, maybe read a little further up the page...

I didn't quote it because it was just a general point anyway. Next game in a series in a bit samey shocker!! :eek:

Next time, maybe read a little further up the page...

Next time just use qoute? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Slattsy wrote: »
    Got 40e store credit in gamestop today. Cost me 55e though. Delighted to get 40e back to be honest.

I cant stress this enough to anyone that hasnt bought the game - DONT BUY IT !!!!

Objective post is objective. Even if only using the posters in this thread as a sample, plenty more people enjoy the game than dislike it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

miralize wrote: »
    Objective post is objective. Even if only using the posters in this thread as a sample, plenty more people enjoy the game than dislike it..

Ah i know, it was tongue in cheek mate.
    But I couldnt stand it. Never played the first 2, and seen all the hype and was sure i'd be onto a good thing with it. I just found it too boring and slow. A 5 year old child would find it easy to play.

Anyway, im outta this thread, so long suckas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

What do people expect?

Totally agree with you that you know what your getting but that is my point, is that it's hard to say it's GOTY material 10/10 when there's nothing groundbreaking about it. It's a very good game in it's own right but like you said the first two were better but this seems to be getting better reviews which makes no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I finished it last night. I really enjoyed the story, the gameplay was okay, but I wasn't enamored with the location itself. It looked pretty, but it seemed very on rails, not the way Rapture was (yes, it was a bit raily, but you could go back and forth looking for items) - I don't know if you could go back to other areas [probably, I would imagine] but the game gave you no cause to go back and truthfully, there didn't seem to be much point.

Overall, I did enjoy it, and it was better than BioShock 2, but nowhere near as enjoyable as the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,111 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

The story alone puts it ahead of 95% of games out there. The AI behind Elizabeth is great. The combat isn't anywhere near as deep as Bioshock 1 which is a bit of a let down as it could do with more customisation options for guns and different ammo types like the original. No huge challenges in the game either like Big Daddy's posed with a missed opportunity with Handymen to provide that, though I did play it on medium, regret not playing it on hard though. The narrative is far better imo though and that is what makes this the best game I've played in a long while.

Don't listen to Slattsy either. Games like this need to be supported as it offers something different to multiplayer fests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

the guts of 700+ posts would disagree with you there Slattsy

That fukking banshee! getting stuck in that poxy loop..zero ammo,zero salts and she gets full health and constant zombies! heres 40 MG bullets and 11 for the rifle,rinse/repeat

A 5 year old child would find it easy to play.
    don't play it on easy,get an adult to show you how to change the settings

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

Sounds to me like you're bit of a dimwit!

for anyone stuck on the siren,the undead dont seem to rise again if you burn them(pc) with devils thingy(whatever its called).Presume its the same on console.

Sorry if im just stating the obvious:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭RaZzZz

Has anyone tried this game with 3D? I'm still unsure whether to buy this title or not, but if 3D works well then I'd be more interested me thinks ^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I'm looking for the final tear of 3. Haven't a clue where it is, can anyone give me a hand?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

GTR63 wrote: »
    I'm looking for the final tear of 3. Haven't a clue where it is, can anyone give me a hand?

If you are playing on Ps3, just press the up button on the dpad and it'll direct you to it. I assume it's the same with Xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭3wayswitch

GTR63 wrote: »

When you leave the bank head back towards Comstock House the way you got there the first time. You'll see a photography shop along the way that contains the final tear.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I'm playing 1999 mode and am going for that achievement of not using dollar bill vending machines.
    I'm up to the Command Deck where you have to take out the Zeppelins. Bloody annoying. I haven't upgraded much as that money was better to give me a revive buffer. Damn patriots.

Any of ye clear it on 1999 without using the dollar bill vending machines?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Any of ye clear it on 1999 without using the dollar bill vending machines?

I didn't get the achievement, but essentially yes, I did. I used one at the start of the game outside combat to buy salt and possess the same machine. Didn't use any others for the rest of the game. Well doable imo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

do you get cheaper prices for possessing machines? or just they spit a tiny amount of money at you

tried it with one very early on, it spat out a huge number of coins... got 2 dollars when I picked them all up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

do you get cheaper prices for possessing machines? or just they spit a tiny amount of money at you

tried it with one very early on, it spat out a huge number of coins... got 2 dollars when I picked them all up

Just coins, and I'm not sure but think the amount was randomised.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,295 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

You get more later on. Got 50-100 eagles for some. It's only something I ever did if I had salts to spare though, doesn't make the biggest difference to your funds but can give you occasional the extra push for the upgrade you want. Although it's pointless having too much money on you as you're likely to lose much of it if you get stuck in a nasty combat loop (the first handyman and banshee fights particularly). Spend spend spend, with maybe a small supply for emergency situations.

One thing I did find weird was the lack of lockpicks early on, but then the absolute surplus of them in the later chapters. There was one room just before descending down to the factory area that I simply could not scavenge enough picks to open.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

kind of in a bind now. i'm near the end of my second playthrough (1999 mode) so I've missed a load of chances to get free money from all these vending machines

but the next playthrough will be one where I dont use the dollar bill machines (never thought to restrict myself in that way till I saw the post above). I could do it then sure, but i'll be sodding loaded if I'm not constantly running back to the machines in the middle of fights to get more carbine ammo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Paul1990

Are lockpicks very rare? I've been finding them hard to find and I look in every nook and cranny in these types of games, not a desk or trashcan goes unsearched.

I'm playing on hard so maybe they're less plentiful?

Advertisement