Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bioshock Infinite

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ravenid

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I prepordered the songbird edition. Told last week they wouldn't be getting it in. At all.

Yeah Ireland got fked over with this. The distributor pulled it last minute to meet Pre-order levels in UK. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭wayne040576

I agree lol. Why would you put spoiler on score lol.

I've always wondered that myself. Damn you! I wanted to read to the end before reading the score!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Encouraging conclusion to the Edge review for anyone more interested in the game's thematic scope: http://www.edge-online.com/review/bioshock-infinite-review/
    BioShock Infinite is a sequel, in short – more so than BioShock 2. Irrational has made a game in thematic dialogue with its predecessor, with the same interests but different tastes, and one that expands mechanically and technically on what came before. And it’s given us a city in the sky that reflects upon the one beneath the waves.

Can't say I get the spoilered scores either. Ultimately the most arbitrary aspect of a review.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

New drivers for Bioshock Infinite

download link http://uk.download.nvidia.com/Windows/314.22/314.22-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-international-whql.exe
    This is the GeForce Game Ready driver for BioShock Infinite, delivering up to 41% faster performance.

Instantly apply optimal game settings for BioShock Infinite with GeForce Experience.

New in GeForce 314.22 Drivers

Performance Boost – Increases performance for GeForce 400/500/600 series GPUs in several PC games vs. GeForce 314.07 WHQL-certified drivers. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration. Here are a few examples:
    GeForce GTX 680:
    Up to 41% faster in BioShock Infinite
    Up to 60% faster in Tomb Raider
    Up to 23% faster in Sniper Elite V2
    Up to 13% faster in Sleeping Dogs
    GeForce GTX 680 SLI:
    Up to 21% faster in Sniper Elite V2
    Up to 14% faster in Sleeping Dogs
    Up to 10% faster in StarCraft II
    Up to 15% faster in Civilization V
    NVIDIA SLI Technology – Adds or updates the following SLI profiles (since GeForce 314.14 drivers):
    Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army – Added DX11 SLI profile
    Dungeons and Dragons: Neverwinter – Added DX9 SLI profile
    BioShock Infinite – Added AO profile
    NVIDIA 3D Vision – Adds the following profiles (since GeForce 314.14 drivers):
    MUD - rated Good
    Brutal Legend - rated Good
    Tomb Raider - updated rating to Good
    NVIDIA CUDA
    Includes support for applications built using CUDA 5 or earlier version of the CUDA Toolkit. More information at http://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-toolkit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

couldn't be enjoying this any more i dont think!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Wonderful news!!

You can play BioShock Infinite's ultra hard 1999 Mode without completing the game - by using the Konami Code
    Eurogamer wrote:
    Fancy giving yourself a seriously difficult first run at BioShock Infinite? You probably don't, but the option is available to unlock from the off.

All you need to access the game's rock hard 1999 Mode is to enter the famous Konami code on the game's main menu. That's: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B and A.

PlayStation 3 players should substitute the last two buttons with O and X.

1999 Mode is usually only unlocked after completing the game.

Amusingly, it's exactly how BioShock Infinite creator previously promised the mode wouldn't be unlocked, Game Informer, which discovered this method, reported.

The developer then said it was "talking about" such a method, but had not confirmed its inclusion.

"Probably what we're going to do is you'll only be able to get to that mode through some kind of unlock," Levine said last year. "Not unlock in the game through 'left, right, up, down' that kind of thing."

1999 Mode is so named because it harks back to the more hardcore shooters of the nineties. 1999 was also the year that BioShock developer Irrational's System Shock 2 released.

"One of the reasons 1999 Mode is so much more difficult than any other setting is that dying often uses up all your money and then you can't respawn," Tom Bramwell wrote in Eurogamer's 10/10 BioShock Infinite review.

"You're sent back to the main menu and have to resume from your last autosave prior to the section where you died."

A new infographic released by Irrational via its Twitter account revealed that the game features over 10,000 lines of dialogue, a third of which belongs to main characters Booker and Elizabeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I went with http://uk.gamesplanet.com 30 euro for the game plus Xcom and a choice between Mafia 2, Civ 5 and Darkness 2. 3 Games for 30 euro is a great deal. Going to have it pre loaded tonight and i'm off tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

f*uck that! i'm going with Nvidia from now on! they always seem to optimise their drivers on big releases

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I went with http://uk.gamesplanet.com 30 euro for the game plus Xcom and a choice between Mafia 2, Civ 5 and Darkness 2. 3 Games for 30 euro is a great deal. Going to have it pre loaded tonight and i'm off tomorrow :D

wow nice deal, i already have offered games on steam i might grab this one although i never did like bioshock so im not sure i hated 2 dont think i tried the first one but this deal is hard to turn down.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

KilOit wrote: »
    f*uck that! i'm going with Nvidia from now on! they always seem to optimise their drivers on big releases

Be warned tbh, they're always beta drivers and not always the most reliable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Those that are into their PC gaming Im curious to know how my laptop would fare in running this game.

Specs:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
    Graphics card: Name: NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M 2GB
    Ram: 8gb

If it can run it at least as good as the Xbox version then Il go PC for this.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

KilOit wrote: »

Its an Gaming Evolved sponsored title though, so for this one AMD would have been working with the Developers all along. Usually whoever is sponsoring the game makes sure that their competitor gets access to the code as late as possible meaning they have to scramble to get a driver out in time. Although in fairness when this happens to AMD they do seem to miss the day one release date much more often :P

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

joe123 wrote: »
    Those that are into their PC gaming Im curious to know how my laptop would fare in running this game.

Specs:

It'll run better than the Xbox version I'm sure of it. Console version is capped at 30fps, you'll get more with more detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Specs:

Pure speculation on my part, but I'm sure it will look better on your laptop man! If I had those specs, I wouldn't hesitate :) my system is way behind yours and I'm actually considering it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Lone Stone wrote: »
    wow nice deal, i already have offered games on steam i might grab this one although i never did like bioshock so im not sure i hated 2 dont think i tried the first one but this deal is hard to turn down.

Bioshock 2 was a shadow of the first one. It wasn't made by the same team. As soon as the team was done on Bioshock 1, they moved onto making Infinite so you can't judge this new game on Bio2 in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Specs:

Assuming there's not quirks with the graphics card (which you'll probably find the solution to on the net anyway.) It should work smooth enough on lowest settings. You may even be able to scrape medium settings, but that might be being too optimistic. Bottom line is though it should look better and smoother than the 360 version. :)

Jernal wrote: »
    Assuming there's not quirks with the graphics card (which you'll probably find the solution to on the net anyway.) It should work smooth enough on lowest settings. You may even be able to scrape medium settings, but that might be being too optimistic. Bottom line is though it should look better and smoother than the 360 version. :)

A slower CPU and GPU runs B1 and 2 at max settings at 60fps, so I'm confident it'll run at least medium settings smoothly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

i was going to skip this game completely and buy it in a sale for cheap but after reading some the critics reviews on metacritic here http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/bioshock-infinite

a 95 already?

I may have to change my mind.

i was going to skip this game completely and buy it in a sale for cheap but after reading some the critics reviews on metacritic here http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/bioshock-infinite

a 95 already?

I may have to change my mind.

You may as well. Such are the bargains on the PC right now you'd be mad not to!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

picking up a bargain is hard these days, especially when ye have over 200 games on steam :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I was going to skip this too but positive reviews across multiple soruces...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Reviews are spectacularly good so far. Are we allowed to link to NeoGAF? Probably not. But they've a thread compiling reviews, just look at the scores.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

GTs review is just fecking idiotic...

http://www.gametrailers.com/reviews/vskehr/bioshock-infinite-review

Their review staff really went to ****s lately...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Call me mental but I think I'm going to wait for a GOTY version including all the DLC before getting this. I've too many other things to play at the moment.

danthefan wrote: »
    Call me mental but I think I'm going to wait for a GOTY version including all the DLC before getting this. I've too many other things to play at the moment.

LOOK! Its a MENTAL!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Absolute blasphemy I know, but the whole Bioshock thing just never floated my boat. For this reason, and the fact I have to much to play and replay as it is, I'll probably get this in months/years from now!

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Anyone have a list of prices for the different shops? I presume gamestop are the most expensive.

Agricola wrote: »
    Absolute blasphemy I know, but the whole Bioshock thing just never floated my boat. For this reason, and the fact I have to much to play and replay as it is, I'll probably get this in months/years from now!

Watch the review KilOit linked. You will change your mind. I LOVE Bioshock games and this one looks like to be just pure Epic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Games planet is looking like the best option, think I'll hit buy on that.

Advertisement