Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

shmeee wrote: »
    Paddy Power

Now into 4/6

Lost by 4, threw it away.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭shmeee

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Lost by 4, threw it away.

An awful second half performance.

Hit wide after wide when well in control going in at half time.

Pockets burned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Same As wrote: »
    St Brendans are better than a 21/10 bet against Mid Kerry in the third round of the Kerry County Championship this weekend.

Won by 6 and probably should have been more.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭radonicus

Excellent work, cheers.

CIT look very overpriced at 4/1 after drawing with Castlehaven in Cork last weekend.

Lost by 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Tally Wager

shmeee wrote: »
    An awful second half performance.

Hit wide after wide when well in control going in at half time.

Pockets burned.

Cost me a right few Bucks in an Accum !

• Registered Users Posts: 16,241 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Any sign of odds on the Mayo senior q-fs anywhere? Pondering an acca...

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭CapsLock20

Great shout, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Bjwport

Any bankers for the weekend?? Coolderry and Rathdowney-Errill in Offaly and Laois hurling championship semis are a little better than evens in a double. Would be a big surprise to see either of them not winning. Don't touch the other semis though!

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭gooseygander

Bjwport wrote: »
    Any bankers for the weekend?? Coolderry and Rathdowney-Errill in Offaly and Laois hurling championship semis are a little better than evens in a double. Would be a big surprise to see either of them not winning. Don't touch the other semis though!

Throw this in with Eire og and palatine in sfc in Carlow for odds of 3/1

• Advertisement

Is there a Dublin hurling fanatic that could shed light on the chances of Lucan Sarsfields causing an upset against Cuala or St. Judes causing an upset against Kilmacud? Was thinking of putting last years 2 finalists (Cuala & Crokes) in an accum. Thanks

What`s Roscommon peoples thoughts on Roscommon Gaels v Pearses , both sides evens , 7/1 the draw ? Tempted to back Pearses as they have really good Forwards and picked up 9 points out of 10 in the Group stage !

What`s Roscommon peoples thoughts on Roscommon Gaels v Pearses , both sides evens , 7/1 the draw ? Tempted to back Pearses as they have really good Forwards and picked up 9 points out of 10 in the Group stage !

Hogan Stand Roscommon forum is generally good for info on club championship. A quick look and there is discussion about the Roscommon Gaels v Pearses game: http://www.hoganstand.com/Roscommon/Forum/Details/103318?Latest=1#Latest

Any sign of odds on the Mayo senior q-fs anywhere? Pondering an acca...

Both priced with PP and Boyle now.

2 games in the Tipp SFC on Friday night :

Moyle Rovers 1/2 v Killenaule

Arravale Rovers 5/2 v Loughmore/C

4.25/1 Double !

2 games in the Tipp SFC on Friday night :

Moyle Rovers 1/2 v Killenaule

Arravale Rovers 5/2 v Loughmore/C

4.25/1 Double !

What makes you think Arravale Rovers will beat Loughmore? Arravale are obviously serious about their football when they have an All Ireland winning manager in Conor Counihan over them. I don't know much about them now but they don't seem to have any senior inter county players in their ranks? Maybe Loughmore are missing key players?

CapsLock20 wrote: »
    What makes you think Arravale Rovers will beat Loughmore? Arravale are obviously serious about their football when they have an All Ireland winning manager in Conor Counihan over them. I don't know much about them now but they don't seem to have any senior inter county players in their ranks? Maybe Loughmore are missing key players?

I`ve seen both sides in action this year , both against poor opposition however Arravale seem to be more cohesive and move the ball very quick . The Dalton brothers , Darren Lowry and Pearse Richardson have played underage for Tipp while the Leahy brothers have played Senior for Tipp recently . 5/2 is very big as I feel there is only going to be a puck of a ball between them . Brian McGrath will be missing for the Mid Tipp side , a big loss !

Threw in Eire Og thanks Gooseygander

Let down at the last hurdle by the Ulster champions at 1/7. 1/7!!!

Scotstown v Magheracloone - Match Winner
    Scotstown
    2/9
    Slaughtneil v Coleraine - Match Winner
    Slaughtneil
    1/7
    W
    Ballintubber v Moy Davitts - Match Winner
    Ballintubber
    2/9
    W
    Cuala v Lucan Sarsfields - Match Winner
    Cuala
    1/4
    W
    Kiltale v Ratoath - Match Winner
    Kiltale
    2/9
    W
    Ballygunner v Passage - Match Winner
    Ballygunner
    1/5
    W
    Rathdowney/Errill v Ballinakill - Match Winner
    Rathdowney/Errill
    4/11
    W
    Coolderry v Belmont - Match Winner
    Coolderry
    1/2
    W
    Ballyhale Shamrocks v St Patricks - Match Winner
    Ballyhale Shamrocks
    1/3
    W
    Eire Og v Mount Leinster Rangers - Match Winner
    Eire Og
    1/5
    W
    St Columbas v Clonguish - Match Winner
    St Columbas
    4/11
    Stake:
    €10.00
    Potential Returns:
    €139.68

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭gooseygander

Threw in Eire Og thanks Gooseygander

You should have taken Palatine also. They won by 6 points tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

love see a return of more local info and singles that are value by themselves by being the wrong price(we can have the accum arguements again)

St Brendans are probably a bit of value at 11/4 to turn over Rahilly's in Kerry this weekend.

Any insight on done of the coin toss games this week?
    Derry... Lavey 11/10 v Loup Evens
    Laois…. O'Dempseys Evens v Graiguecullen Evens
    Neath... St, Peter's Dunboyne 11/10 v Simonstown 10/11
    Waterford.. Ballinacourty Evens v The Nire Evens

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ciaran1988

Lavey and Loup drew at the weekend. Result was Lavey 2-5 Loup 1-8. Loup lost centre half forward to injury and will miss the replay

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

Any market on new Dublin manager

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Any insight on done of the coin toss games this week?
    Derry... Lavey 11/10 v Loup Evens
    Laois…. O'Dempseys Evens v Graiguecullen Evens
    Neath... St, Peter's Dunboyne 11/10 v Simonstown 10/11
    Waterford.. Ballinacourty Evens v The Nire Evens
    Dunboyne - Simonstown really could go either way. Dunboyne are favourites for the championship and beat Simonstown easily in the group stage. But the struggled to beat Kells in extra time in the quarter final while Simonstown easily beat a fancied Skryne in theirs. Also, Simonstown have knocked Dunboyne out in each of the last two seasons. Last season, Dunboyne were 11 points ahead in the second half and ended up losing by 2. Dunboyne seem to have a block when it comes to beating Simonstown in a knockout game recently.
    But.... Simonstown's last two wins against Dunboyne have come with Conor Nash in their ranks but he hasn't been given permission by Hawthorn to come back this year. I think Shane O'Rourke may not be available either. If Dunboyne play to their potential, I think they will win. But I'd steer well clear of it.

St Brendans are probably a bit of value at 11/4 to turn over Rahilly's in Kerry this weekend.

You can have 10/3 on this elsewhere now. I genuinely put them as a 15/8 or 7/4 shot at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

You can have 10/3 on this elsewhere now. I genuinely put them as a 15/8 or 7/4 shot at best.

I think the bookies are putting too much weight on Kerins O'Rahillys v Crokes result. For me it was a classic example of a game where one side thinks they are home and hosed and switch off, while the other side has nothing to lose, throws caution to the wind and their forwards hit a purple patch. Kerins O'Rahillys other win was against Feale Rangers (who are no great shakes at this level) and this sounded more like a routine, without being especially impressive, win.

Also St Brendans one loss came to East Kerry who were (and still are) just in absolutely ridiculous form. There's very few clubs in the country who would have matched East Kerry that day. St Brendans have won the 3 other games they have played in the county championship this year and as a divisional side, the more games they play the more dangerous they become.

I would have said at anything above 2/1 they represent value but I wouldn't be throwing huge cash at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

Moortown v Stewartstown Tyrone IFC
    8/13 Stewartstown 4 men suspended after brawl in first round. Moortown edged them by 1 pt in league encounter.

Eglish v Gortin Tyrone IFC
    8/13 Eglish league winners losing only once all year by one point. Won the league encounter by 4.

Tattyreagh v Dungannon Tyrone IFC
    8/11. Word has it Dungannon have a stag and will be missing players

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Same As wrote:

Poor start killed them. Sounds like they were the better team for the second half but had a 10 point deficit to overcome.leqked 3 early goals.

Lost by 2 but had it down to 1 point with about 10 mins to go.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement