Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭hurler97

ShamoBuc wrote:
    Cork intermediate hurling final tomorrow Ballincollig v Blackrock intermediates.

ShamoBuc wrote:
    Ballincollig are favourites , 1/2 , but Blackrock have a few from their seniors and a fine sprinkle of good young hurlers. Weather is not great, heavy pitch etc might help even the teams aswell. Taking a bit of a chance on them at 9/4 pp

Leave it out, they used their two best forwards in the SHC semi final loss to Midleton last week which now makes them ineligible. Ballincollig great price at 1/2.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Whiteshorts1

keane2097 wrote: »
    I think 7/2 is a ridiculous price. Strand Road beat Crokes by four or five points a few weeks ago and are 4/1 to beat them this weekend. That's a 23 point difference (!) compared to how Dingle did in their first game against East Kerry yet they are shorter to turn that around than Strand Road are to repeat. And that is not to say Strand Road are too long either.

That is deranged.

Having Marc O'Connor is a benefit but totally overblown.

So what you are saying is???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

And if rumours are to be believed, Marc O Connor supposedly won't be playing. Make of that what you will. Nonetheless, he's not going to make an 18 point difference no matter who he is. People are rating Marc O Connor like the second coming, get a grip.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

So what you are saying is???

I think 7/2 is a good bit too short. I hope they do it but I wouldn't back them at that price.

Do you KOR are big?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Do you KOR are big?

PP have them 11/2 now which is surely too big. IDK, I'd be biased. The 4/1 was probably about right, maybe even short.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,673 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Cork intermediate hurling final tomorrow Ballincollig v Blackrock intermediates.

Ballincollig are favourites , 1/2 , but Blackrock have a few from their seniors and a fine sprinkle of good young hurlers.
    Weather is not great, heavy pitch etc might help even the teams aswell.
    Taking a bit of a chance on them at 9/4 pp

First score of the game, a goal for Ballincollig.
    Lead by 3 at ht
    Won by 3 at ft
    Better all round team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Same As wrote: »
    And if rumours are to be believed, Marc O Connor supposedly won't be playing. Make of that what you will. Nonetheless, he's not going to make an 18 point difference no matter who he is. People are rating Marc O Connor like the second coming, get a grip.

Not sure who made the difference, but somebody clawed back those 18pts!! Draw full time!!

Tipperary SFC Semi Final , Moyle Rovers 9/5 to bate Commercials ! The Rovers are flying Peter Acheson home from Dubai for games and he is looking sharp , Jack OConnor on board doing a bit of Coaching !

landed, great call

Dickie9 wrote: »
    Portumna to beat craughwell 10/11
    Mullagh 8/15

Portumna won too, good price. Mullagh lost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Just a heads up into the Wicklow championship lads rathnew play st pats in the final in 2 weeks local bookies have rathnew as 8/15 favs which is about right but you can get 5/6 with pp or 1/1 with boyles

Drawn game pats got a late leveller after being up 2 at ht.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Dickie9

Glenbhoy wrote: »
    Portumna won too, good price. Mullagh lost.

St Josephs miltown won 7/4
    Kib lost 4/11

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Not sure who made the difference, but somebody clawed back those 18pts!! Draw full time!!

What a difference 4 weeks makes! Wasn't at the game, but supposedly they were robbed by dreadful refereeing!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭CapsLock20

Tipperary SFC Semi Final , Moyle Rovers 9/5 to bate Commercials ! The Rovers are flying Peter Acheson home from Dubai for games and he is looking sharp , Jack OConnor on board doing a bit of Coaching !

Another good shout on here. A last gasp goal won it for Moyle Rovers.

Any 1 any info on breaffy v ballintubber
    Breaffy haven't won a mayo sfc in there history ballintubber Ave had two hard games against castlebar which Ave both went to extra time and they've only a week to recover

Surely breaffy won't get a better chance off winning there 1st mayo sfc....they should be a lot fresher than ballintubber

• Registered Users Posts: 7,335 ✭✭✭naughto

Breaffy haven't won a mayo sfc in there history ballintubber Ave had two hard games against castlebar which Ave both went to extra time and they've only a week to recover

Surely breaffy won't get a better chance off winning there 1st mayo sfc....they should be a lot fresher than ballintubber

One way to look at it is that tubber have had two tough training sessions why breaffy have being resting it’s a hard one to call

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Tally Wager

Anyone know what game TG4 are showing Sunday and do Setanta or Éir show Club games ?

Anyone know what game TG4 are showing Sunday and do Setanta or Éir show Club games ?
    I think tg4 showing Cratloe V Ballyea well that's what it said yesterday!

TG4 showing The following

The Underdogs v The Dubs Friday Night
    Gweedore v Naomh Conaill Sunday Live
    Ballyea v Cratloe Sunday Deferred

Nothing on other channels as far as i know

I think tg4 showing Cratloe V Ballyea well that's what it said yesterday!

Donegal football final live
    Deferred coverage Clare hurling final

• Advertisement

I would fancy Ballintubber after turning over the champions of the last three years. This will be their sixth county final since 2010 so they've plenty of experience of the big day. Plus Cillian and Diarmuid O'Connor are playing out of their skins.

They drew in the group stage and I think Breaffy were down a few players on that occasion.

Should be, long time senior, first time in intermediate in many, many years I believe. Worth considering for Ulster intermediate too.

Banagher embark on their Ulster campaign this weekend with a 'home' fixture against Fermanagh champions Belnaleck on Saturday afternoon. Belnaleck made history last month when they became the first Fermanagh club to go from junior to senior in two years. They contested the Ulster junior final last year, only to lose to Donegal's Naomh Colmcille and have the Cullen twins, Che and Lee, Ciaran McBrien and Kane Connor. Four players with recent senior inter county experience. But still though, I would expect Banagher to have enough to beat them.

CapsLock20 wrote: »
    Banagher embark on their Ulster campaign this weekend with a 'home' fixture against Fermanagh champions Belnaleck on Saturday afternoon. Belnaleck made history last month when they became the first Fermanagh club to go from junior to senior in two years. They contested the Ulster junior final last year, only to lose to Donegal's Naomh Colmcille and have the Cullen twins, Che and Lee, Ciaran McBrien and Kane Connor. Four players with recent senior inter county experience. But still though, I would expect Banagher to have enough to beat them.

They should have plenty going by the bookies 1/10 on!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Could do worse than have a few quid on Rhode to win Leinster. 11/1

They should have plenty going by the bookies 1/10 on!!!!

Didn't think they'd be that short! PP in early with prices.

Shanee. wrote: »
    Could do worse than have a few quid on Rhode to win Leinster. 11/1

On the favourable side of the draw. They start with a potentially tricky away tie to the Wicklow champions. But with the Wicklow final going to a replay, Rhode's should be better prepared than their opponents.

Longford champions Mullinalaghta are favourites to come through this side of the draw at 15/2. They play the Wicklow winners or Rhode in a quarter final.

Eire Og could be interesting at 25/1. Mullinalaghta beat them well last year, however, it was a week after they won the Carlow final replay. They were so poor that day and got their opening score of the game in the first half of injury time. They should be better prepared this year with a five week gap from the county final to their provincial opener. It's been 10 years since a Carlow team won a game in the Leinster club SFC.

I've tipped up Rathnew at 40/1 and I will stick with them to make the final.

On the favourable side of the draw. They start with a potentially tricky away tie to the Wicklow champions. But with the Wicklow final going to a replay, Rhode's should be better prepared than their opponents.

Longford champions Mullinalaghta are favourites to come through this side of the draw at 15/2. They play the Wicklow winners or Rhode in a quarter final.

Eire Og could be interesting at 25/1. Mullinalaghta beat them well last year, however, it was a week after they won the Carlow final replay. They were so poor that day and got their opening score of the game in the first half of injury time. They should be better prepared this year with a five week gap from the county final to their provincial opener. It's been 10 years since a Carlow team won a game in the Leinster club SFC.

Scotstown at 4/1 for Ulster appeals, very generous imo. Also 16/1 For all Ireland.
    Breaffy 11/2 For connaught (though in truth the celebrations if they won might ruin them), Rhode as mentioned above 10/1, moorefield 14/1 and Portlaoise 15/2 could be considered?
    Ballyhale 7/4 Leinster appeals too.
    Double, scotstown 4/1 and ballyhale 7/4? Crokes 2/5 Munster?

Scotstown at 4/1 for Ulster appeals, very generous imo. Also 16/1 For all Ireland.
    Breaffy 11/2 For connaught (though in truth the celebrations if they won might ruin them), Rhode as mentioned above 10/1, moorefield 14/1 and Portlaoise 15/2 could be considered?

Ballygunner Munster club 3/1 wi pp seems generous enuf...
    Reckon na piarsaigh would be there only threat...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Not sure if it's common knowledge but the Wicklow final replay is set for Saturday week with the first round of Leinster 24 hours later so rhode could be value

• Advertisement

Good odds about Scotstown for Ulster and Dr Crokes are looking strong again. I think 7/4 is too short for Ballyhale. Kilmacud will probably be favourites if they win Sunday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement