Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Marv8

mjp wrote: »
    Lar had an outstanding year throughout that year though and was in his prime back then. Scored 3 goals in final against Kilkenny which is no mean feat but had scored 6-11 from play across championship so wasn't just based on one final performance.

Had scored 3-11 in 5 games before that year as Tipp had come the scenic route. Not knocking him at all and definitely no mean feat but he only touched the ball 3 or 4 times in that final. I just thought there was more deserving winners on that Tipp team that year. He probably deserved it more in 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Any tips for the U21 game between Tipp and Cork?

Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,521 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

It's wet and windy here in Limerick. I'm taking Tip ht Cork ft in the hope of Tip getting the wind in the first half 6/1 with Boyles 5/1 with pp and 4/1 bet365

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭St1mpMeister

Under 45.5 @ 1.83 (PP) seems pretty good I would think?

EDIT: now 42.5 @ 1.73 ... they must be watching boards.ie ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,769 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Cork - 6 @ 11/10 looks a good bet.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Any all Ireland thoughts?
    I'd like to see a game, but I won't be backing anything as I'm afraid my wish to see a true contest will influence me. I have a few free bet acca's waiting on Tyrone, but very much in hope rather than expectation.
    I like Howard for mom at 16s with pp (boyles are 11 I believe), Kilkenny is enhanced to 9/1 which is also generous, although they tend to shy away from the big names iirc. Hampsey at 50s could be a contender if Tyrone contend, presuming he picks up Kilkenny that is. In general pp prices are considerably better than boyles on this market.
    Other interesting bets, dubs win and score a pen 6/1, Tyrone likewise 33/1.

Also, if you back pp enhanced first goalscorer prices, they won't pay the insurance if your player scores a goal anytime.

Oh and I'd like a way to back low scores in this game (other than spreads, gave them up years ago!!). It could be ugly!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭DubCount

Glenbhoy wrote: »
    I'd like to see a game, but I won't be backing anything as I'm afraid my wish to see a true contest will influence me. I have a few free bet acca's waiting on Tyrone, but very much in hope rather than expectation.
    I like Howard for mom at 16s with pp (boyles are 11 I believe), Kilkenny is enhanced to 9/1 which is also generous, although they tend to shy away from the big names iirc. Hampsey at 50s could be a contender if Tyrone contend, presuming he picks up Kilkenny that is. In general pp prices are considerably better than boyles on this market.

Also, if you back pp enhanced first goalscorer prices, they won't pay the insurance if your player scores a goal anytime.

Oh and I'd like a way to back low scores in this game (other than spreads, gave them up years ago!!). It could be ugly!!!

I think it will be similar to the Omagh game in the Super 8s - Ugly, close and low scoring. Cant see either side let in many goals. Tight well organised defenses at both ends. I can also see some "physicality" so maybe a red card along the way.

I like Tyrone +6. Thats a big spread for a mean Tyrone defense. Also I like Jack Mc for MOTM at 12/1. Its often difficult to identify a MOTM when the scoring and workload is well spread, but I expect his running game will have him in the mix if Dubs win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Pogue eile wrote: »
    I dont think he is at all to be honest nd is not helped by the system they use, if he is nominated then it will be 2 Galway (Mannion is  cert to be nominated) v one Limerick and we get the split vote scenario again, for that reason if you think he will be nominated then Hannon is the value.
    Personally I think they might try and nominate 3 from 3 different counties to avoid the above and John Conlon gives them the latitude to do that - Mannion, Hannon and Conlon and in that scenario Mannion wins all day every day.

How small is the pool of voting to make this an issue? Like even if one county was split evenly (which is unlikely) there should still be plenty of votes left so unless it's extraordinarily tight I do doubt the impact a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 AbitaTASS

Tyrone HT/FT 12/1 in Ladbrokes. I have a feeling Tyrone will come with a big performance. If they're gonna win I don't think it will be from behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Same As wrote: »
    Saturday 11/8 -3

Jennings Selections 12/8

Tyrone to win both halves
    2pts 5-2 bet365, BoyleSports, Paddy Power -2

Under 17.5 first-half points
    2pts 8-11 Paddy Power +1.45

No Monaghan goal
    2pts 13-8 BoyleSports +3.25

Sunday 12/8 +2.7 so for the weekend -0.3

+41.54 for 2018 excluding outright selections, will update this at the end of the season.

Jennings 2/9

Dublin to win by one, two or three points
    1pt 4-1 Coral, Ladbrokes

Tyrone +7
    4pts 4-5 Hills

Tyrone +4
    2pts 9-5 Coral, Ladbrokes

Second half to be higher-scoring half
    4pts 4-6 Betfair, Betway, Paddy Power

Dublin under 21.5 points
    3pts 8-11 Paddy Power

No scores in the first five minutes of the match
    1pt 9-1 Paddy Power

Frank Burns over 0.5pts
    2pts Evs BoyleSports

Con O’Callaghan under 2.5 points
    2pts 5-6 BoyleSports

Currently +41.54 for 2018 excluding outright selections, will update these at the end of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

Roscrea @ 11/4 Today in Tipperary Club Hurling, 1.30 throw in. They are overpriced and will be bang there.

You’d expect Kilruane and Thurles Sarsfields to win also, 8/11 and 4/11.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ceiphas50

Jennings 2/9

1pt 4-1 Coral, Ladbrokes

Tyrone +7
    4pts 4-5 Hills

Tyrone +4
    2pts 9-5 Coral, Ladbrokes

4pts 4-6 Betfair, Betway, Paddy Power

Dublin under 21.5 points
    3pts 8-11 Paddy Power

1pt 9-1 Paddy Power

Frank Burns under 0.5pts
    2pts Evs BoyleSports

2pts 5-6 BoyleSports

Currently +41.54 for 2018 excluding outright selections, will update these at the end of the season.

Burns over 0.5 is what he said in article they got the summary wrong in paper

ceiphas50 wrote: »
    Burns over 0.5 is what he said in article they got the summary wrong in paper

Updated, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭radonicus

Not usually one to bet on this kind of market but John Small Anytime Yellow Card 2/1 is a decent bet. He'll more likely mark Harte again and it's usually tight and niggly.

shmeee wrote: »
    Roscrea @ 11/4 Today in Tipperary Club Hurling, 1.30 throw in. They are overpriced and will be bang there.

You’d expect Kilruane and Thurles Sarsfields to win also, 8/11 and 4/11.

Kilruane win by 6 points in the early game.

shmeee wrote: »
    Kilruane win by 6 points in the early game.

Meanwhile Roscrea are down 8 at half time and seem to be completely out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭spurshero

Who gets man of match in football

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭kala85

Kilkenny or Fenton but maybe Howard since the rte panel love him so much.

Maybe Paul mannion as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

kala85 wrote: »
    Kilkenny or Fenton but maybe Howard since the rte panel love him so much.

Maybe Paul mannion as well.

I think POTY will be either Kilkenny or Fenton but don’t think either did enough for MOTM today. But yes Mannion and Howard should be nominated anyway I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭BandMember

radonicus wrote: »
    Not usually one to bet on this kind of market but John Small Anytime Yellow Card 2/1 is a decent bet. He'll more likely mark Harte again and it's usually tight and niggly.

He's always as near a cert as you can get to pick up a card or some colour...

• Advertisement

DubCount wrote: »
    I think it will be similar to the Omagh game in the Super 8s - Ugly, close and low scoring. Cant see either side let in many goals. Tight well organised defenses at both ends. I can also see some "physicality" so maybe a red card along the way.

I like Tyrone +6. Thats a big spread for a mean Tyrone defense. Also I like Jack Mc for MOTM at 12/1. Its often difficult to identify a MOTM when the scoring and workload is well spread, but I expect his running game will have him in the mix if Dubs win.

Good call, I think Kilkenny or mannion deserved it, but, the panel usually avoid the obvious!
    Fared okay in any event, had dubs penno and win 6/1 and a small bet on both to score a penno at 50/1 which eased the Kilkenny snub a littleðŸ˜ðŸ˜

Fared okay in any event, had dubs penno and win 6/1 and a small bet on both to score a penno at 50/1 which eased the Kilkenny snub a littleðŸ˜ðŸ˜

Have a read of the third bullet here.

Jennings 2/9

1pt 4-1 Coral, Ladbrokes -1

Tyrone +7
    4pts 4-5 Hills +3.2

Tyrone +4
    2pts 9-5 Coral, Ladbrokes -2

4pts 4-6 Betfair, Betway, Paddy Power +2.67

Dublin under 21.5 points
    3pts 8-11 Paddy Power -3

1pt 9-1 Paddy Power -1

Frank Burns over 0.5pts
    2pts Evs BoyleSports 0

2pts 5-6 BoyleSports +1.67

+0.54 yesterday, +42.08 excluding outrights, +40.93 including outrights (updated these below)

Outright selections -1.15 (a+b+c) = [+6.85-4.5-3.5]

(a) Jennings SFC Outright Selections (+6.85)

Tyrone to win All-Ireland SFC
    1pt each-way 12-1 BoyleSports +3

Tyrone to reach All-Ireland semi-final
    3pts 10-11 Paddy Power +2.73

Kildare to qualify for Super 8s
    3pts 11-8 BoyleSports +4.12

Tyrone and Cavan to meet in Ulster final
    1pt 9-1 Coral, Ladbrokes, Paddy Power -1

Tipperary to qualify for Super 8s
    2pts 7-4 Paddy Power -2

(b) SFC Player Outright Selections (-4.5)

C O’Connor to be top scorer
    2pts 5-1 BoyleSports -2

K McLoughlin to win an All-Star
    1pt 15-2 Paddy Power -1

L Brennan to win an All-Star
    1pt 8-1 Paddy Power -1

K McLoughlin Footballer of the Year
    0.5pt 125-1 Paddy Power -0.5

(c) Super 8 outright selections (-3.5)

Kerry-Kildare straight forecast in Group 1
    1pt 11-2 Paddy Power -1

Galway to finish bottom of Group 1
    1pt 9-2 Paddy Power -1

Dublin-Tyrone straight forecast in Group 2
    2pts 9-4 Paddy Power +4.5

Donegal to finish bottom of Group 2
    1pt 10-3 Ladbrokes, Paddy Power -1

Graham Brody to win an All-Star
    2pts 16-1 Paddy Power -2

Paul Geaney to win an All-Star
    3pts Evs Ladbrokes, Paddy Power -3

Have a read of the third bullet here.

Have a read of my pre-match post from 2/3 days agoðŸ˜

Have a read of my pre-match post from 2/3 days agoðŸ˜

Glad you had a change of heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,853 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

(b) SFC Player Outright Selections (-4.5)

C O’Connor to be top scorer
    2pts 5-1 BoyleSports -2

K McLoughlin to win an All-Star
    1pt 15-2 Paddy Power -1

L Brennan to win an All-Star
    1pt 8-1 Paddy Power -1

K McLoughlin Footballer of the Year
    0.5pt 125-1 Paddy Power -0.5
    Hang on, aren't those given out at the GPA Awards Night in November?

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

Hang on, aren't those given out at the GPA Awards Night in November?

I'll double the odds on all the above selections if you fancy a bet??

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭grattanspuds

+0.54 yesterday, +42.08 excluding outrights, +40.93 including outrights (updated these below)

Very impressive numbers by Jennings, though no-one will ever convince me that he has the first clue about the game! Just shows. He seems to make most on outright selections?

Very impressive numbers by Jennings, though no-one will ever convince me that he has the first clue about the game! Just shows. He seems to make most on outright selections?

His outright selections made a loss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭grattanspuds

His outright selections made a loss.

Sorry, yes fair point. He seemed to be in the red for most of the year but a couple of big priced winners got him out. Fair play to him, but I don’t honestly think the man knows anything about the game judging by listening to him on the racing post podcast

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement