Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Helpneeded86

Quinn Bet have a sign up for new customers. Bet £10 outright on the All Ireland and get a £5 free bet each time they win.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Maybe my annual provincial football championship acca will finally come good for me this year.:rolleyes:
    Going with the obvious Mayo, Tyrone, Kerry.
    Backup plan is Galway, Donegal, Kerry, Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Quinn Bet have a sign up for new customers. Bet £10 outright on the All Ireland and get a £5 free bet each time they win.

Thanks - looks a great deal - which team would you recommend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Danick wrote: »

Thanks - looks a great deal - which team would you recommend?
    It's a free bet on Galway, Kilkenny or Wexford. So whichever of those you think has best chance of winning AI - probably in the order I have listed them would be my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

With Super 8s football teams will play 7 or 8 games to win AI.Dublin will cruise through Leinster so thats 3 games won before Super 8s with a possible 5 more games if they win it out.Very short odds ,hurling championship offers better odds .
    About 8 games needed for a county to win hurling is it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Helpneeded86

Ya I personally have no interest in this offer but some of you might.

Dublin jumps out to me without doing any work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Same As wrote: »
    +0.62 today,+7.05 for the weekend and +41.62 YTD including all outright selections mentioned in #8104 (all now updated above). He's motoring very nicely alright.

Jennings 06/05

New York vs Leitrim:

Over 2.5 goals
    3pts 6-4 Paddy Power

Over 3.5 goals
    2pts 7-2 Betway, Coral, Paddy Power

Over 4.5 goals
    1pt 8-1 Paddy Power

London vs Sligo:

London-Sligo double result
    1pt 11-2 BoyleSports

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭spurshero

New York 6 up. Are leitrem out if they lose or in qualifiers

Jennings 06/05

New York vs Leitrim:

Over 2.5 goals
    3pts 6-4 Paddy Power -3

Over 3.5 goals
    2pts 7-2 Betway, Coral, Paddy Power -2

Over 4.5 goals
    1pt 8-1 Paddy Power -1

London vs Sligo:

London-Sligo double result
    1pt 11-2 BoyleSports -1

-7 today +34.62 YTD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Any thoughts on Offaly v Galway..

Small speculative punt on Offaly for value at 16/1.

Fancy Offaly to beat the handicap of +13.

They had a few nice performances in the League and ran Kilkenny very close a few weeks ago.

Galway may still have a touch of All Ireland hangover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

djPSB wrote: »

They had a few nice performances in the League and ran Kilkenny very close a few weeks ago.

im an offaly man

please keep your money

djPSB wrote: »

I'd take a small taste on that if Mcinerney isn't starting for Galway - the entire backline are spurred on by his leadership when he is out there - he most likely is starting though just keep an eye on the team sheet - otherwise I'd say Galway will beat Offally by 14 or more - the bookies seem to have it priced correctly in my humble opinion.

-7 today +34.62 YTD

Jennings Weekend Selections 12/5 & 13/5

Mayo -1 v Galway
    3pts 11-10 BoyleSports

Laois -4
    2pts 11-10 general

Racing Post Championship Print Special is out tomorrow too...

Jennings SFC Outright Selections:

Tyrone to win All-Ireland SFC
    1pt each-way 12-1 BoyleSports

Tyrone to reach All-Ireland semi-final
    3pts 10-11 Paddy Power

Kildare to qualify for Super 8s
    3pts 11-8 BoyleSports

Tyrone and Cavan to meet in Ulster final
    1pt 9-1 Coral, Ladbrokes, Paddy Power

Tipperary to qualify for Super 8s
    2pts 7-4 Paddy Power

Jennings SFC Player Outright Selections

C O’Connor to be top scorer
    2pts 5-1 BoyleSports

K McLoughlin to win an All-Star
    1pt 15-2 Paddy Power

L Brennan to win an All-Star
    1pt 8-1 Paddy Power

K McLoughlin Footballer of the Year
    0.5pt 125-1 Paddy Power

Joe Sheridan SFC Selections

Galway to win the All-Ireland SFC
    1pt 14-1 Betfair, Paddy Power

Galway to win Connacht
    2pts 9-4 Betfair

Cavan to reach the Super 8s
    1pt 9-2 Paddy Power

D Comer Footballer of the Year
    1pt 16-1 Paddy Power

D Rock top scorer
    3pts 13-8 Paddy Power

Michael Mulvihil SHC Outright Selections

Tipperary to win All-Ireland SHC
    2pts 11-4 general

Limerick to win All-Ireland SHC
    1pt each-way 14-1 BoyleSports

Galway to top the table
    3pts 5-6 Ladbrokes, Paddy Power

Galway-Kilkenny straight forecast
    2pts 13-8 Paddy Power

Clare
    1pt 6-1 Paddy Power

Clare, Tipperary and Limerick to be top three
    1pt 6-1 Paddy Power

Michael Mulvihil SHC Player Outright Selections

TJ Reid top scorer
    3pts 5-2 Ladbrokes

D Mooney to win an All-Star
    2pts 7-2 BoyleSports

R Maher Hurler of the Year
    0.5pt each-way 33-1 Paddy Power

C Lynch Hurler of the Year
    0.5pt each-way 33-1 Paddy Power

J Forde Hurler of the Year
    1pt each-way 14-1 Paddy Power

C Lynch to win an All-Star
    1pt 8-1 BoyleSports

John Tennyson SHC Outright Selections

Galway to win All-Ireland SHC
    2pts 11-4 general

Limerick to win Munster
    1pt 11-2 general

Daithi Burke Hurler of the Year
    1pt 33-1 Paddy Power

Richie Leahy Young Hurler of the Year
    1pt 4-1 Paddy Power

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Jsmac67

Galway at 6/4 are bet of the weekend. Refuse to entertain anyone who takes Mayo should be deserved favorites for that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

Where are people getting Offaly +13?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,331 ✭✭✭naughto

Jsmac67 wrote: »
    Galway at 6/4 are bet of the weekend. Refuse to entertain anyone who takes Mayo should be deserved favorites for that game.

It’s far closer than that and I actually think mayo could take them on.put that could be my red and green tinted glasses on. If they can contain comer it I’ll be a mayo win

D Comer Footballer of the Year
    1pt 16-1 Paddy Power

Cracking bet, even better 22/1 with Boyles.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

The minimum requirement for FOTY is playing in the final?
    Galway good enough for that?

Hope I’m wrong but think people are getting carried away with Galway . This is a team who haven’t won s game in Croker in championship in 17 years and all of a sudden people are tipping them to win all Ireland and footballers of the year etc. they had a good league but championship is totally different and there is at least a 50 percent chance they will lose tomo and you are a long way from super 8 s then not to mind all Ireland finals . In all fairness mayo have the championship pedigree last 7 or 8 years and have won a lot more crunch games then Galway and I think there are being wrote off way too easy on here

naughto wrote: »
    It’s far closer than that and I actually think mayo could take them on.put that could be my red and green tinted glasses on. If they can contain comer it I’ll be a mayo win

Galway have beaten Mayo consistently over the past couple of years, don't see why they're now underdogs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭radonicus

spurshero wrote: »
    Hope I’m wrong but think people are getting carried away with Galway . This is a team who haven’t won s game in Croker in championship in 17 years and all of a sudden people are tipping them to win all Ireland and footballers of the year etc. they had a good league but championship is totally different and there is at least a 50 percent chance they will lose tomo and you are a long way from super 8 s then not to mind all Ireland finals . In all fairness mayo have the championship pedigree last 7 or 8 years and have won a lot more crunch games then Galway and I think there are being wrote off way too easy on here

No serious person is tipping them to win the All Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

spurshero wrote: »

Definitely agree that people are getting carried away with Galway. They were clearly putting a lot of weight on the league - they've made progress but to be talking about them making finals/getting Player of the Year is crazy talk.
    It's worth remembering that Galway's seniors were out of the championship in July last year; it's not unusual for teams who've exited the championship early to hit the ground running in the next year's league, whereas those who were involved until the end of the championship who've had a shorter break tend to look rusty/rarely tend to hit the ground firing on all cylinders in the early stages of the league.

To me their squad looks very light in terms of options off the bench, especially compared to the likes of Dublin or Kerry - they had 19 players that played in either 6 or 7 of the regular league games. They only used their full bench in 3 of the 8 league games (and one of those was in a game where they had 3 players black carded) If they lose tomorrow they would have 4 rounds of qualifiers and 3 super 8 games to play (7 in total) just to get to the All-Ireland semi-final. Even if they go the direct route, they will have to beat Mayo, Sligo and most likely Roscommon and then have the 3 Super 8 games. It's very hard to see them getting to an All-Ireland semi-final in flying form.

While Comer had a good league [he was only Galway's 4th highest overall scorer in the league; joint 2nd from play]; that counts for zero when it comes to FOTY. I wouldn't be surprised to see his form tail off later on.

Jsmac67 wrote: »
    Galway have beaten Mayo consistently over the past couple of years, don't see why they're now underdogs.

They beat them last 2 years after being well beaten the 5 or 6 years . Felt like Castlebar 2 years ago was a bit of mayo being caught on the hop . Last year they won by a point after playing with extra man for 55 mins . Man for man mayo look better although I do think this Mayo team are on there last legs and there best chance of all Ireland is gone

yabadabado wrote: »
    The minimum requirement for FOTY is playing in the final?
    Galway good enough for that?

They're 5/1 to reach the final. I wouldn't say it's 3+ times more unlikely again that Comer would be FOTY.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,769 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Yeah I think Galway are definitely being overrated, remember it's just 2 years ago that they were given a footballing lesson from tipperary.

I don't expect them to do much outside of connaught, having said that I'd have tomorrows game as a 50/50 therefore there's some value in the 6/4 but I wouldn't be surprised to see Mayo victorious tomorrow evening.

For me Comer is the ultimate league footballer, think he will struggle in the championship.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Galway definitely over rated this year in the football - Comer won't get the supply from his team mates to get the POTY - I have watched from the stands and have seen him make clever runs but his team mates have struggled to get the ball to him in championship.

Galway v Mayo is very much 50/50 - so taking Galway seems like a good option at that price - looks good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,331 ✭✭✭naughto

Anything on Laois vrs Wexford

• Registered Users Posts: 17,769 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

naughto wrote: »
    Anything on Laois vrs Wexford

To me wexford are a good price at 3/1 but I wouldn't know enough about it and I'll be staying away.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Done Galway -19 here @5/1

Itl ease the pain

• Advertisement

Don't know where to posted this but, Fury to win Rounds 7-12. Can't say much but get on now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement