Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Same As wrote: »
    -12 today, +8.22 for 2018.

Some losing run he's on at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Some losing run he's on at the minute.

No doubt the RP will still inflate his actual P&L :rolleyes:

No doubt the RP will still inflate his actual P&L :rolleyes:

Wasn't he 40 + points up after the league? To be fair the weekend there were some shocks that would have gotten most.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Wasn't he 40 + points up after the league? To be fair the weekend there were some shocks that would have gotten most.

hes not worse tipster, and its not easy game when your pushed into picks, a better staking plan would go a long way

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

also i tweeted this earlier, but anyone following waterfords injury crisis will see why tipperary are worth siding with this weekend, tipp are -6 evens with 365 get on lads.

• Advertisement

manafana wrote: »
    hes not worse tipster, and its not easy game when your pushed into picks, a better staking plan would go a long way

I would not say he's a good tipster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Thats exactly it, its a very difficult gig when you have to recommend x mount if bets every weekend and in both codes, a serious punter might have one bet every three weeks or so, sometimes even less frequently. The fact is that there is not always an angle or 'value'and the bookies have gotten it right, but that doesnt matter in his line of work, he has to provide a slection regardless.

It is the same restriction and curtailment that has rendered Pricewise meaningless and out dated, its just not sustainable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

In the NRL experts are backed into a corner and have to pick a winner from 8 games every weekend - they do it in video or podcast style and when you listen to them they give reasons for their picks. It is useful because even though they pick a winner for each game you know from their comments that a game is 50/50 and could go either way. I'd love if he could just pick 1 main bet for hurling over the weekend and 1 main bet from football over the weekend. For example the Tipp -6 evens looks a good bet this week and thanks to Manafana for posting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

also i tweeted this earlier, but anyone following waterfords injury crisis will see why tipperary are worth siding with this weekend, tipp are -6 evens with 365 get on lads.

Tipp were -6 EVs with PP on Sunday evening and 1/4 just to win. -9 (11/10) and 1/8 now with PP so the -6 with 365 huge value

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

offaly at evens were some price to beat antrim

into 4/6 in places now, somebody got on, it wasnt me :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭spurshero

akelly02 wrote: »
    offaly at evens were some price to beat antrim

into 4/6 in places now, somebody got on, it wasnt me :(

why would u see offaly as clear favs ?

spurshero wrote: »
    why would u see offaly as clear favs ?

they have about 8 lads back since stephen wallace left

eoin carroll is a top class player and him coming back alone is a huge plus

plus they are a better team than antrim , simply put

akelly02 wrote: »
    they have about 8 lads back since stephen wallace left

eoin carroll is a top class player and him coming back alone is a huge plus

plus they are a better team than antrim , simply put

I would say having Johnny Maloney back is the biggest addition. But they were shambolic for most of the season, if that doesn't improve hard to see why they would be favourites to beat anyone. Certainly wouldn't be on the display put in against Wicklow. Antrim put up a decent performance against Down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

KevIRL wrote: »
    Tipp were -6 EVs with PP on Sunday evening and 1/4 just to win. -9 (11/10) and 1/8 now with PP so the -6 with 365 huge value

Waterford +9 is evens... that is the bet of the weekend. Regardless of injuries waterford can still field a very solid 15 and this is Tipps 3rd week out on the bounce, they’ve looked unconvincing so far (beaten by limerick, draw against Cork). Ok they were missing players against Limerick but conversely Waterford were missing Mahoney and A. Gleeson against Clare and they will be back this weekend.

I would say having Johnny Maloney back is the biggest addition. But they were shambolic for most of the season, if that doesn't improve hard to see why they would be favourites to beat anyone. Certainly wouldn't be on the display put in against Wicklow. Antrim put up a decent performance against Down.

ive played with both of them , eoin carroll is 5 times more important, especially as we are brutal in midfield. Johnny back will be a big plus also of course

if we cant win this im not going to another match for a long long time!!

jive wrote: »
    Waterford +9 is evens... that is the bet of the weekend. Regardless of injuries waterford can still field a very solid 15 and this is Tipps 3rd week out on the bounce, they’ve looked unconvincing so far (beaten by limerick, draw against Cork). Ok they were missing players against Limerick but conversely Waterford were missing Mahoney and A. Gleeson against Clare and they will be back this weekend.

In to 7 points now

• Registered Users Posts: 17,867 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Much stronger Waterford team then expected, handicap gone from 9 to 7, still overpriced, I think +3 would be correct here.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Waterford +9 is my main bet 20/23.

Two small stakes for value.
    Waterford HT/FT 20/1 (10/1 with PP)
    Waterford to win 6/1

All with B365

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Helpneeded86

I predict Waterford will be slaughtered.

Betway are offering Bet 5 get 5 free bet on Fermanagh and Monaghan. Nice little offer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,685 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

djPSB wrote: »
    Waterford +9 is my main bet 20/23.

Two small stakes for value.
    Waterford HT/FT 20/1 (10/1 with PP)
    Waterford to win 6/1

All with B365

Waterford have to perform and they will be very defensive as always, +9 has a really good chance I think.

• Advertisement

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Waterford have to perform and they will be very defensive as always, +9 has a really good chance I think.

I think the +9 is a great bet. Don't how defensive we will be tomorrow though. The team named is easily the most attacking team named by mcgrath in his time as Waterford manager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

There are only 5 backs on the Waterford and that’s including Austin Gleeson. Don’t see how we could set up defensively tomorrow

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,685 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

More to do with the manager really. Can't remember Waterford not setting out defensively in a while, all McGraths doing of course. Hope they do go for it though, as Tip are not fully at the races, as shown in 3 halves of their 4 so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

-12 today, +8.22 for 2018
    Outright selections in post 8354

Jennings Recommendations 3/6

Fermanagh +6 (vs Monaghan)
    3pts 4-5 general

Fermanagh to lead at half-time (vs Monaghan)
    1pt 7-2 Betfair, Paddy Power

Monaghan under 18.5 points (Vs Fermanagh)
    2pts 4-5 Ladbrokes, Paddy Power

Kerry -7 (vs Clare)
    3pts 8-11 Boylesports, Coral, Ladbrokes

Kerry over 1.5 goals (vs Clare)
    2pts 5-6 Paddy Power

Sligo +9 (vs Galway)
    3pts 8-11 general

Galway under 20.5 points (vs Sligo)
    2pts Evs Ladbrokes

No Galway goal (vs Sligo)
    1pt 7-2 BoyleSports

Few bets on the Kerry game.

Kerry over 1.5 goals 4/6
    Kerry over 2.5 goals 9/4 boyles (15/8 pp )
    Clifford to score a goal 15/8 pp

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭CapsLock20

3pts 4-5 general

Kerry -7 (vs Clare)

2pts 5-6 Paddy Power

Sligo +9 (vs Galway)
    3pts 8-11 general

2pts Evs Ladbrokes

1pt 7-2 BoyleSports

I don't like any of these bets. I expect Galway to throw off the shackles against Sligo and work up a big score. Kerry forwards should do a bit of damage to the Clare defence. Monaghan hit 1-20 in their last two meetings with Fermanagh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

CapsLock20 wrote: »
    I don't like any of these bets. I expect Galway to throw off the shackles against Sligo and work up a big score. Kerry forwards should do a bit of damage to the Clare defence. Monaghan hit 1-20 in their last two meetings with Fermanagh.

Definitely not much there value anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭CapsLock20

djPSB wrote: »
    Definitely not much there value anyway.

Seamus Quigley out of the Fermanagh too. Must've went drinking cans during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭funkhouser

CapsLock20 wrote: »

3pts 4-5 general

Kerry -7 (vs Clare)

2pts 5-6 Paddy Power

Sligo +9 (vs Galway)
    3pts 8-11 general

2pts Evs Ladbrokes

1pt 7-2 BoyleSports

The worst thing about the bets is that they're phoned in based on what seems to me to be a superficial look at the game combined with outdated tropes. Many will take his opinion seriously. Like yourself I feel there's not 1 shrewd bet in there this week. Never seems to be. That's in contrast to Mulvihill who seems to follow things more closely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭bookman2

jennings spot on in fermanagh match!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement