Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Tally Wager

Think it's a decent bit for a bit of fun and will have seen bigger shocks in GAA if it comes in. Out of curiousity, what odds do you think Clare would be in the event of a s/f with Kerry? Think that's the key to whether the 28s represents good price or not.

Fair play , you know what it`s about ! Clare are due a big performance in Munster , just like Tipp in 2015 and 16 v Cork .

Well if Clare overcome Limerick tomorrow , I reckon they will be in around 5 or 6 to 1 !

yabadabado wrote: »

No need to apologise, but who mentioned odds on favorites ?

No need to get ratty when someone disagrees with you.

No one mentioned odds on Favorites , I mentioned a long shot that would be worth a Fiver and I`m being shot down left right and center ! So if ye don`t want a long shot ye are obviously looking for 2 or 3 odds on efforts for a double/treble . That`s fair enough , think small win small !

I`m far from being Ratty :D .

munster87 wrote: »

I wouldn’t back a Clare Tipp final at 100/1 myself.

O.k.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Fair play , you know what it`s about ! Clare are due a big performance in Munster , just like Tipp in 2015 and 16 v Cork .

Well if Clare overcome Limerick tomorrow , I reckon they will be in around 5 or 6 to 1 !

If they'd be as short as that then you'll be doing alright. Reckon Tipp would be favourites, or 10/11 the pair at worst, against Cork in Semple. Not saying I'd do the bet myself, but dont feel the need to write it off so casually at same time.

If they'd be as short as that then you'll be doing alright. Reckon Tipp would be favourites, or 10/11 the pair at worst, against Cork in Semple. Not saying I'd do the bet myself, but dont feel the need to write it off so casually at same time.

It will be a 2 horse race , Home advantage will be a big factor for Kerry , but as I said Clare are due a big game in Munster .

• Advertisement

It will be a 2 horse race , Home advantage will be a big factor for Kerry , but as I said Clare are due a big game in Munster .

I wonder would folk feel different if draw had Tipp facing Kerry and Clare playing Cork? Consensus would be, I think, that Tipp are a Super 8 contender, Clare nowhere in the conversation, but Clare did finish above Tipp in the League this year and Tipp were all out looking for promotion. Personally I dont have very strong opinions about it, but does seem to be some food for thought there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Same As wrote: »
    -7 today, +25.62 for 2018

(Championship outright selections in post 8354)

19/05 Jennings Selections

Fermanagh -1 (vs Armagh)
    2pts 3-1 Betfair, Paddy Power

Waterford +11 (vs Tipperary)
    2pts 7-5 BoyleSports

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

I wonder would folk feel different if draw had Tipp facing Kerry and Clare playing Cork? Consensus would be, I think, that Tipp are a Super 8 contender, Clare nowhere in the conversation, but Clare did finish above Tipp in the League this year and Tipp were all out looking for promotion. Personally I dont have very strong opinions about it, but does seem to be some food for thought there.

Tipp have more of an underage pedigree and would appear to have a better subs bench/squad depth.

The key thing about Tipp is that they have two serious quality forwards in Quinlivan and Sweeney. Those are two serious quality forwards who pretty much consistently return serious amounts of score I don't think Clare have anyone of a similar level in term of consistent scoring threat.

There just seems to be a overall greater amount of quality footballers in the Tipp squad overall compared to the Clare squad.

The following are all the players from the two squads Paddy Power have listed in the various All-Star categories.

Forwards
    Quinlivan (Tipp) is 6/1 to get an All-Star and Sweeney(Tipp) is 9/1
    Josh Keane (Tipp) and Eoin Cleary (Clare) are both 33/1
    Keelan Sexton (Clare) 40/1

Backs
    Bill Maher (Tipp)25/1 Robbie Kiely (Tipp)33/1
    Jamie Malone (Clare) 33/1

Midfield
    Gary Brennan (Clare) 20/1
    Jack Kennedy (Tipp) 50/1
    George Hannigan (Tipp) 66/1

Keepers
    Evan Comerford (Tipp) 40/1
    No price given for any Clare keeper

Another thing to remember for Clare is that they have played Kerry 3 times in the last 2 years in the championship and Kerry have looked very comfortable in all 3 games from a long way out. Clare lost by 6 points last year, 11 points in the quarter-finals and 12 points in Munster in 2016.

In the league this year Clare won 3 drew 2 and lost 2, while Tipp won 3 drew 1 and lost 3. In terms of score difference Clare's was -10 while Tipp's was +22. Given how tight things were I wouldn't be putting a huge amount of weight on Clare finishing marginally higher than Tipp.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Helpneeded86

Clare finishing above Tipp in the league is a pretty useless stat and did not reflect reality. The reality of the situation was that Tipp travelled up to Cavan and played a game that would have seen them promoted and lost by a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,335 ✭✭✭naughto

Are any of the games on tv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭fatherbuzcagney

Rich9 wrote: »
    Clare look a good bet today -5 v limerick

I can’t see much between these teams and feel safer on limerick + 4 @11/10 on boyles...... it’s quite breezy this evening... may be a value bet in ht result !! Anyone going to game and know who has wind advantage for first half might post if possible. Thanks

19/05 Jennings Selections

Fermanagh -1 (vs Armagh)
    2pts 3-1 Betfair, Paddy Power +6

Waterford +11 (vs Tipperary)
    2pts 7-5 BoyleSports -2

+4 yesterday, +29.62 for 2018

(Championship outright selections in post 8354)

Recommendations 20/05

Tyrone -1
    4pts 10-11 BoyleSports

Tyrone over 1.5 goals
    1pt 12-5 BoyleSports

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Off the ball were saying the Limerick defence will be a sticky prospect for Tipp - but the forwards for Tipp are unreal including Bubbles and Forde - would it be a good bet to have Tipp score a goal in each half - just over 2/1 on P.

Incidentally Tipp have a new goalkeeper in today and a few changes in the back line - Limerick 2/1 to score a goal in each half as well.

Any advice greatly appreciated - thanks

Took Tipp to score in both halves in the end - luckily it worked out even though they lost

Jennings Recommendations 20/05

Tyrone -1
    4pts 10-11 BoyleSports -4

Tyrone over 1.5 goals
    1pt 12-5 BoyleSports -1

-5 today, +24.62 for 2018.

Championship 2018 Outright Selections in Post #8354

Looking at the hurling odds for next week, Tipp have no business being 4/7 to beat Cork. Quite surprised by that initial offering. Fairly certain that price will soften a good bit before end of the week.

Not sure about Waterford but think Clare have enough about them to be worth a few shekels at evens. Some encouraging signs yesterday, if the same old flaws stubbornly persist. Home advantage, as we're being reminded, is important in these games so that will stand to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,399 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Looking at the hurling odds for next week, Tipp have no business being 4/7 to beat Cork. Quite surprised by that initial offering. Fairly certain that price will soften a good bit before end of the week.

Not sure about Waterford but think Clare have enough about them to be worth a few shekels at evens. Some encouraging signs yesterday, if the same old flaws stubbornly persist. Home advantage, as we're being reminded, is important in these games so that will stand to them.

7/4 Cork or 13/10 on Cork +1 looks serious value. Tipp look all over the shop at the moment and its going to be very hard to get things right in 7 days.

Was wondering for a second if they'd got the football and hurling prices mixed up! No way I think Cork will still be 7/4 by end of the week. Should probably be favs on the balance of what we witnessed yesterday.

Anyone fancy Westmeath in the Leinster SFC tomorrow v Laois ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Rich9

All d money is coming for Laois James Dolan gone to America and John Heslin supposedly carring an injury might not start
    Laois were 6/4 Las week now 10/11 favourites

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Anyone fancy Westmeath in the Leinster SFC tomorrow v Laois ?

before the bad roumers yes, now not so sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭munster87

Carlow are a big price, will have a look at the handicap options for them

-5 today, +24.62 for 2018.

26/05 Jennings Recommendations

Leitrim +11 (vs Roscommon)
    3pts Evs Hills

Laois (Vs Westmeath)
    2pts 4-5 general

Tipperary (vs Cork)
    2pts Evs general

Antrim (vs Down)
    1pt 11-2 BoyleSports

26/05 Jennings Recommendations

Leitrim +11 (vs Roscommon)
    3pts Evs Hills -3

Laois (Vs Westmeath)
    2pts 4-5 general +1.6

Tipperary (vs Cork)
    2pts Evs general -2

Antrim (vs Down)
    1pt 11-2 BoyleSports -1

-4.4 today, +20.22 for 2018.

27/05 Recommendations

Wicklow +23 (Dublin vs Wicklow)
    3pts 4-5 Hills

D Rock to score over 8.5 points (Dublin vs Wicklow)
    3pts 11-8 BoyleSports

Meath -2 (Meath vs Longford)
    2pts Evs BoyleSports

Over Meath 1.5 goals (Meath vs Longford)
    2pts 13-8 BoyleSports

Kildare -7 (Kildare vs Carlow)
    2pts 11-10 general

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

galway to play well today and the o1.5 goals angle for them is 17/20 with betway, could be worth backing them on big spread

• Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭munster87

munster87 wrote: »
    Carlow are a big price, will have a look at the handicap options for them

Great first half from Carlow

-4.4 today, +20.22 for 2018.

27/05 Recommendations

Wicklow +23 (Dublin vs Wicklow)
    3pts 4-5 Hills -3

D Rock to score over 8.5 points (Dublin vs Wicklow)
    3pts 11-8 BoyleSports -3

Meath -2 (Meath vs Longford)
    2pts Evs BoyleSports -2

Over Meath 1.5 goals (Meath vs Longford)
    2pts 13-8 BoyleSports -2

Kildare -7 (Kildare vs Carlow)
    2pts 11-10 general -2

-12 today, +8.22 for 2018.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

London 2/1 with PP v Louth.

8/11 with Boyles.

djPSB wrote: »
    London 2/1 with PP v Louth.

8/11 with Boyles.

Who is wrong do you think?

both beaten heavily in the first round.
    Louth were a bit of a shambles v Carlow, but yesterdays win for Carlow v Kildare has franked their form quite a bit, whereas Sligos form is still a bit unknown.

2/1 does look big alright for London.

robbiezero wrote: »

Louth were a bit of a shambles v Carlow, but yesterdays win for Carlow v Kildare has franked their form quite a bit, whereas Sligos form is still a bit unknown.

PP moved to 13/8 now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

robbiezero wrote: »

Think it's probably 50/50.

Pete Mcgrath's interview after the Carlow game was one of the most pessimistic I have ever seen. Things don't appear well there.
    http://www.the42.ie/pete-mcgrath-louth-2-4013266-May2018/

London seem well prepared this year. Their best chance in a long time I would say.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement