Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

CapsLock20 wrote: »
    Certain on Aghamore? Is Cian Hanley back playing with Ballagh?

Yes.

Ballagh played Balla last week and weren't very good. Another 5 minutes and they would have lost.

Hanley is being deployed as a sweeper and isn't, in my mind anyway, being used properly.

Moran also played around the middle.

Now, if this was a ploy by the Ballagh management coming into champo, I'd be impressed. In saying that, I think Aghamore will have too much up front for the Ballagh defence. They were taken apart at times last week.

My main concern would be the game being played in Ballagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Tipp match - Ronan Maher to score from a sideline is 2/1 on Paddy Power - I think that’s great value as he has had 3 in the last two games Tipp played - 2 in the most recent game - good luck all

• Registered Users Posts: 17,769 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Kilkenny at 17/10 is a great price considering they beat tipp only a few weeks ago in the same venue and have improved since then.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Have backed Kilkenny myself, it'll be close but home advantage might get them over the line.

Boyles have a matchday enhancement on their site of 3/1 for a Kilkenny win & both teams to score a goal. Seems fair enough to me. Will try a few quid on Cillian Buckley TG4 MOTM @ 18/1 also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Kilkenny at 17/10 is a great price considering they beat tipp only a few weeks ago in the same venue and have improved since then.

Good price, actually got 9/4 in Boyles earlier in the week, but the last game will have little or no relevance, Tipp had a very makeshift team out that day between injuries and Fitzgibbon commitments and KK were just finding their feet with new lads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭VonZan

danganabu wrote: »
    Good price, actually got 9/4 in Boyles earlier in the week, but the last game will have little or no relevance, Tipp had a very makeshift team out that day between injuries and Fitzgibbon commitments and KK were just finding their feet with new lads.

Tipp are also missing a few players so I would fancy KK considering they're at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

BoroMan32 wrote: »
    Have backed Kilkenny myself, it'll be close but home advantage might get them over the line.

Boyles have a matchday enhancement on their site of 3/1 for a Kilkenny win & both teams to score a goal. Seems fair enough to me. Will try a few quid on Cillian Buckley TG4 MOTM @ 18/1 also.

Thanks for highlighting the matchday enhancement - solid tip!

80s Child wrote: »
    Yes.

Ballagh played Balla last week and weren't very good. Another 5 minutes and they would have lost.

Hanley is being deployed as a sweeper and isn't, in my mind anyway, being used properly.

Moran also played around the middle.

Now, if this was a ploy by the Ballagh management coming into champo, I'd be impressed. In saying that, I think Aghamore will have too much up front for the Ballagh defence. They were taken apart at times last week.

My main concern would be the game being played in Ballagh.

Ballagh won.

My sources tell me Aughamore were cruel in the first half.

Other two landed, but Breaffy needed Hennelly to kick 5, yes 5, including a monster, to secure the win!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

80s Child wrote: »
    Ballagh won.

My sources tell me Aughamore were cruel in the first half.

Other two landed, but Breaffy needed Hennelly to kick 5, yes 5, including a monster, to secure the win!

Breaffy and Castlebar were both 1/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Hard to believe there are many club games going on where some side should be shorter than 1/10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

keane2097 wrote: »
    Hard to believe there are many club games going on where some side should be shorter than 1/10.

Case in point, Templenoe were turned over in Kerry this weekend and they were at least 1/10.

djPSB wrote: »
    Breaffy and Castlebar were both 1/10.

I know, I put that in my earlier post.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭hurler97

Same As wrote:
    Case in point, Templenoe were turned over in Kerry this weekend and they were at least 1/10.

I saw them at 1/20 somewhere, a friend sent me screenshots of a €50 Accum where they cost a lad €5000

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

hurler97 wrote: »
    I saw them at 1/20 somewhere, a friend sent me screenshots of a €50 Accum where they cost a lad €5000

We retread over this ground every couple of months, but it's very worthwhile to restate it periodically:

Adding random super-odds-on selections to accumulators is literally the worst possible approach to sports betting if you are interested in being a long term winner.

It's just a side-note and a strong gut feeling that there's basically very few games or no games that ought to have a shorter than 1/10 favourite in club football, especially outside the top level and most important competitions. It's probably less than 10/1 that half the team is at a wedding any given week outside County Championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭mjp

Big issue with pricing of club championship matches now is that there are very few local independent chain of bookmakers left who would traditionally have lot of local knowledge which helped them price up the matches. Powers used use them as guide for their traders but very few of them left. Rest of the firm's just copy and paste powers prices with the odd tweak unless their too lazy and don't bother changing them at all. Very difficult for firms to price up so many club matches across the country when people in own clubs may even struggle to tell what sort of team they will be fielding with so many lads away at college, working in Dublin, etc.

The positive on this is that this should pose opportunities for punters to gain an edge on the likes of powers. Key is to hold your powder dry until the rest of copy &paste merchants price up their markets and hit those firms before getting bet on with powers because 100euro stake can move a club market with powers and rest will just follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Marv8

Anybody anything for this weekend?

Nothing really jumping out at me in Tipp except Toomevara at 10/3. A young up and coming team with Tommy Dunne over them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

keane2097 wrote: »
    We retread over this ground every couple of months, but it's very worthwhile to restate it periodically:

Adding random super-odds-on selections to accumulators is literally the worst possible approach to sports betting if you are interested in being a long term winner.

It's just a side-note and a strong gut feeling that there's basically very few games or no games that ought to have a shorter than 1/10 favourite in club football, especially outside the top level and most important competitions. It's probably less than 10/1 that half the team is at a wedding any given week outside County Championship.

yes think it was you and I that pointed this out, much better skill and value in this game in figuring out if team at 6/1+ has any value, nearly always these 1/10 shots are priced right on or too short no value.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭tipperaryman

Marv8 wrote: »

Nothing really jumping out at me in Tipp except Toomevara at 10/3. A young up and coming team with Tommy Dunne over them.

Toome have good underage set up but struggled to beat Roscrea (who have a bit coming)... Neither team would appear to be near a Kilruane side which brought SARS to extra time last year.

10/3 appears to be a proper price.

Teams I like in Tipp this week:
    Newport 8/11, Clonoulty 1/3, Nenagh 1/5

I have work for the Rower and James stephens in the KK Championship.

Toome have good underage set up but struggled to beat Roscrea (who have a bit coming)... Neither team would appear to be near a Kilruane side which brought SARS to extra time last year.

10/3 appears to be a proper price.

Teams I like in Tipp this week:
    Newport 8/11, Clonoulty 1/3, Nenagh 1/5

I have work for the Rower and James stephens in the KK Championship.

Sars were well below par that day but to be fair to Kilruane, they should have put them out. I'm not saying they won't win, I just couldn't put them in an accum at 1/4, I presume they're missing Niall O'Meara too?

Bubbles didn't line out for Killenaule during the week, was he injured? Anacarthy could be worth a punt if hes not playing. Killenaule only bet a Carrick Swan side who can't field a team this weekend by 4 points.

Toome win by 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Toome win by 2.

aye nice little one at the price, keep it up lads

• Registered Users Posts: 14 FlacidBiscuit

Does anybody with any knowledge of the Offaly club scene know if there’s an upset on the cards in any of the four football games due to be played over the next two nights? Or is a 1.2/1 acca with the 4 favourites fair value considering the teams involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭tipperaryman

After a disaster of a weekend this weekend I go..

Limerick Hurling: Kilmallock and Ahane
    Tipp Hurling: Nenagh

Treble

3 points

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭pablo24

After a disaster of a weekend this weekend I go..

Limerick Hurling: Kilmallock and Ahane
    Tipp Hurling: Nenagh

Treble

3 points

Did similar, have Patrickswell instead of Kilmallock 4/7, 3/10 and 1/4.

Prices didn’t last long so not much value at the current prices.

I do have a fancy at a decent price this weekend in BURGESS at 5/6 in Tipp. It’s a great price, I know a few lads that were at burgess vs JK Brackens and Burgess were very wasteful in a 2 point win, missed 3 goal chances first half and Stephen Murray was uncharacteristicly wasteful early on but ended up getting the big scores when needed. With Templderry down a few big names this week coming off the back of a fairly heavy beating from silvermines I think burgess are a great bet at 5/6.

Just as aside, does anybody have any information on Inniscarra in Cork, I heard they may be missing a few big players but not sure of the source, they have 4 or 5 big players who would make an awful diffence if they were missing??

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Tally Wager

Tipp Football : First up Killenaule v Kildangan , Killenaule at 4/11 , last years County Finalists have plenty of really good Footballers with County experiance , the Feehans and Kieran Bergin along with a good scatter of hardened campaigners , I`m surprised to see them at that price , I thought they would be alot shorter ! Kildangan won the County Intermediate last year but won`t have the same quality the South Tipp Side have !
    Moyle Rovers 8/15 v Arravale ! Moyle Rovers have County men all over the place and will be there or there about come the business end of the year . Arravale have some tidy players though . As it is early in the year it could be tight , had this game been played at the end of the year and Moyle Rovers played alot of Football I would expect them to win handy !
    Finally Upperchurch 10/11 v Galtee Rovers . Galtee have produced some good underage Teams in recent years , however the Church have performed really well since coming up from intermediate a couple of years ago and have some lads who have been on the County panel , will be tight but I reckon the Church boys will have enough !

Pays out almost 3/1 !

Going to do a small double on Ballyporeen 1/1 and Eire Og Annacarty 6/5 also !

You'd have to fancy Burgess after the beating that Templederry took last weekend. The only problem I'd have with Burgess is their main player currently playing with the county footballers and I'd imagine hasnt a whole lot of hurling training under his belt.

I find it hard to back Killenaule in hurling or football, they have so much talent in both codes but you never know what your going to get from them. They're coming in on the back of a loss in the hurling and Kildangan on the back of a big win in the hurling.

Arravale Rovers have Conor Counihan in charge this year, they've had good teams the last few years, many a big name in charge might be enough to get them further. Martin Dunne has also transferred to a club in Waterford I think so would be a loss to Moyle Rovers.

The Church had a great win in the hurling last week and their tails will be up. I'd be wary of backing them, as I cant imagine they'd have a lot of football training done.

Would Doon be worth a punt at 9/4 to beat Na Piarsaigh? Na Piarsaigh after a tough all Ireland defeat after a long season and according to their manager, are missing David Breen and Peter Casey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

This seems to be turning into the Tipp GAA betting thread 😠and who am I to change that!!

Regarding Killenaule v Kiladangan, the latter, my own club will struggle to field a team to be perfectly honest and only won intermediate last year because we were gone from hurling so early, absolutely zero interest in football while still hurling.

Re Burgess v Templederry, saw both last week and you couldn't back either with any confidence, Burgess struggled to beat a brutal Brackens team and Templederry were woeful in the second half but won't be facing anyone near the calibre of Jason Forde this week. No bet for me.

Anyone looking for an outsider could do worse than Silvermines @ 2/1, Borris missing their three genuine scoring forwards and Jason Forde in the form of his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Does anybody with any knowledge of the Offaly club scene know if there’s an upset on the cards in any of the four football games due to be played over the next two nights? Or is a 1.2/1 acca with the 4 favourites fair value considering the teams involved.

bit late i know but safe

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Tally Wager

You'd have to fancy Burgess after the beating that Templederry took last weekend. The only problem I'd have with Burgess is their main player currently playing with the county footballers and I'd imagine hasnt a whole lot of hurling training under his belt.

I find it hard to back Killenaule in hurling or football, they have so much talent in both codes but you never know what your going to get from them. They're coming in on the back of a loss in the hurling and Kildangan on the back of a big win in the hurling.

Arravale Rovers have Conor Counihan in charge this year, they've had good teams the last few years, many a big name in charge might be enough to get them further. Martin Dunne has also transferred to a club in Waterford I think so would be a loss to Moyle Rovers.

The Church had a great win in the hurling last week and their tails will be up. I'd be wary of backing them, as I cant imagine they'd have a lot of football training done.

Would Doon be worth a punt at 9/4 to beat Na Piarsaigh? Na Piarsaigh after a tough all Ireland defeat after a long season and according to their manager, are missing David Breen and Peter Casey.

Serious lad to have in charge , seen them get a right pasting of Commercials a year and a half ago in the County quarter Final , he has alot of work to do ! Moyle Rovers will cope without Dunne , strong panel all round .

• Advertisement

Serious lad to have in charge , seen them get a right pasting of Commercials a year and a half ago in the County quarter Final , he has alot of work to do ! Moyle Rovers will cope without Dunne , strong panel all round .

Commericals only bet them by a point in a county quarter final half a year ago!!!

I'm not saying Moyle Rovers wont beat them, I'd just be wary in a first round game and a first game in charge for a high profile manager of Arravale is all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement