Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

Person linked to Arravale told me they were missing some of their better players this weekend to Kilfeacle rugby and a few more to a local soccer team so be careful if punting on them.......

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Marv8

Tipp Football : First up Killenaule v Kildangan , Killenaule at 4/11 , last years County Finalists have plenty of really good Footballers with County experiance , the Feehans and Kieran Bergin along with a good scatter of hardened campaigners , I`m surprised to see them at that price , I thought they would be alot shorter ! Kildangan won the County Intermediate last year but won`t have the same quality the South Tipp Side have !
    Moyle Rovers 8/15 v Arravale ! Moyle Rovers have County men all over the place and will be there or there about come the business end of the year . Arravale have some tidy players though . As it is early in the year it could be tight , had this game been played at the end of the year and Moyle Rovers played alot of Football I would expect them to win handy !
    Finally Upperchurch 10/11 v Galtee Rovers . Galtee have produced some good underage Teams in recent years , however the Church have performed really well since coming up from intermediate a couple of years ago and have some lads who have been on the County panel , will be tight but I reckon the Church boys will have enough !

Pays out almost 3/1 !

Going to do a small double on Ballyporeen 1/1 and Eire Og Annacarty 6/5 also !

Annacarthy let ya down for the clean sweep.
    Burgess were easy winners too.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Tally Wager

Marv8 wrote: »
    Annacarthy let ya down for the clean sweep.
    Burgess were easy winners too.

Main event came home for the big bucks , despite you looking to find fault in the 3 selections in Post #8307 :pac: !

Always going to be a case of there only being a puck of a ball between the 2 West Tipp sides , I reckoned Eire Og with the exceptional Brian Fox might have had the edge . Surprised with the Ballyporeen win margin .

danganabu wrote: »
    This seems to be turning into the Tipp GAA betting thread 😠and who am I to change that!!

Regarding Killenaule v Kiladangan, the latter, my own club will struggle to field a team to be perfectly honest and only won intermediate last year because we were gone from hurling so early, absolutely zero interest in football while still hurling.

Re Burgess v Templederry, saw both last week and you couldn't back either with any confidence, Burgess struggled to beat a brutal Brackens team and Templederry were woeful in the second half but won't be facing anyone near the calibre of Jason Forde this week. No bet for me.

Anyone looking for an outsider could do worse than Silvermines @ 2/1, Borris missing their three genuine scoring forwards and Jason Forde in the form of his life.

Fielded a strong side and it proved to be a very entertaining game , Kildangan can be very proud of their performance . Both sides looked a bit rusty . Reckon Kildangan will stay up in the Senior , Connors was very good !

Mines have drifted to 3/1 , reason ? Do you reckon they are still worth a punt ?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Marv8

Main event came home for the big bucks , despite you looking to find fault in the 3 selections in Post #8307 :pac: !

Always going to be a case of there only being a puck of a ball between the 2 West Tipp sides , I reckoned Eire Og with the exceptional Brian Fox might have had the edge . Surprised with the Ballyporeen win margin .

I ended up backing Upperchurch and Moyle Rovers myself but Loughrea let me down in Galway.

Cahir must be very disappointed with their second half performance. To be level 10mins in to the second half and end up losing by 10 points.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Fielded a strong side and it proved to be a very entertaining game , Kildangan can be very proud of their performance . Both sides looked a bit rusty . Reckon Kildangan will stay up in the Senior , Connors was very good !

Mines have drifted to 3/1 , reason ? Do you reckon they are still worth a punt ?

Sorry only seeing thiis now, I assume the drift on the Mines was in someway related to the fact that Kelly was back and that Conor Kenny was also available, all that said though the Mines were very poor especially in the second half.

Dublin Club Football this weekend , any thoughts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭CapsLock20

So the All Ireland football and hurling championships begin this weekend. What are the thoughts? Any good bets?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭spurshero

CapsLock20 wrote: »
    So the All Ireland football and hurling championships begin this weekend. What are the thoughts? Any good bets?

As a galway man I think Roscommon are a bet at 3 to 1 for Connacht . There as good as in the final as no chance of Sligo or Leitrim Beating them . There they will face a Galway or Mayo side who will be after a bruising battle . They are defending champions too. All the build up in the West is about Galway v Mayo Sunday week and ros are defo coming in under the radar which will suit too . In my opinion 3 to 1 is very big

• Registered Users Posts: 17,762 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

spurshero wrote: »
    As a galway man I think Roscommon are a bet at 3 to 1 for Connacht . There as good as in the final as no chance of Sligo or Leitrim Beating them . There they will face a Galway or Mayo side who will be after a bruising battle . They are defending champions too. All the build up in the West is about Galway v Mayo Sunday week and ros are defo coming in under the radar which will suit too . In my opinion 3 to 1 is very big

Where will the connacht final be played this year?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭radonicus

The flipside of that is the winner from Galway/ Mayo will have a hard game under them while Roscommon won't have faced a serious game since the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 FlacidBiscuit

What do people think about New York’s chances this Sunday? If Jamie Clarke’s on form they surely have a great chance to get that elusive win. If they can’t beat this current Leitrim team it’s hard to see them ever getting the job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

What do people think about New York’s chances this Sunday? If Jamie Clarke’s on form they surely have a great chance to get that elusive win. If they can’t beat this current Leitrim team it’s hard to see them ever getting the job done.

They have an excellent chance their best since they joined the championship.
    Their lack of games is a problem, Leitrim are very poor but at least they get some games in during the league.

Players like Neil Collins and Kevin O'Grady also. I see them comfortably beating Leitrim.

Players like Neil Collins and Kevin O'Grady also. I see them comfortably beating Leitrim.

By all accounts they have a good panel this year.

yabadabado wrote: »
    By all accounts they have a good panel this year.

Yes, probably the best New York panel since their inception with players of the calibre of Clarke and Collins. Do you know of anymore players they've available to them? Goalkeeper Vinny Cadden and Tom Cunniffe are back on board, Donal Ward (Ros) and Luke Kelly (Offaly) are others. I wonder is Armagh's Eugene McVerry or Ross Wherity of Donegal involved again? It's a question whether they're championship ready. But reports have been good with their recent challenge game against Corofin. 1-20 they hit the All Ireland champions for. Ok, Corofin fielded a weakened team and weren't long off the plane. Leitrim had a topsy turvy league campaign with two big victories mixed in with three big defeats. Although they were unlucky in that two of their games were never played.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭spurshero

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Where will the connacht final be played this year?

I think if it’s galway v ros it will be Castlebar . Not sure if it’s mayo v ros

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Dont Foul has some stats on New York

DcIL2bVWkAAd_ME.jpg

Anyone fancy London v Sligo , how do Punters reckon that will pan out ?

I think if it’s galway v ros it will be Castlebar . Not sure if it’s mayo v ros

The Hyde isn't supposed to be allowed hold finals but if it's Ros V Galway I'm sure Connacht council will find a way to make it happen.

Mayo vs Ros will be McHale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Whiteshorts1

Just looking tonight at all the bookmakers who has the best product overall?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Just looking tonight at all the bookmakers who has the best product overall?

'Whoever has the best price' is the only worthwhile answer to that.

Backing with say B365 at 10/11 because they have a nice app when there's evens available somewhere else is the fast track to the poor house.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

People might not actually think about or realise this, but the shockingly simple reality of sports betting is that if you always back at the best available price it's almost impossible not to end up ahead over the long term.

The inverse is similarly true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

keane2097 wrote: »
    People might not actually think about or realise this, but the shockingly simple reality of sports betting is that if you always back at the best available price it's almost impossible not to end up ahead over the long term.

The inverse is similarly true.

It is also nearly impossible to keep unrestricted accounts open, the amount of name changes and sex changes I have had in the last few years is frightening :D

New York (Connacht SFC v Leitrim): Vinny Cadden; Neil Collins, Donal Ward, Colin Keane; Enda Williams, Tom Cunniffe, Matthew Queenan; David Culhane, Shane Hogan; Tony Donnelly, Jamie Clarke, Luke Kelly; Kevin O'Grady, Dalton McDonagh, David Freeman.

Subs: Kieran Fitzgibbons, John Collins, Mike Creegan, Kevin Connolly, Michael Boyle, Daniel McKenna, Aaron Cunningham, Paddy Boyle, Keith Scally, JJ Matthews, Conor Connolly.

New York (Connacht SFC v Leitrim): Vinny Cadden; Neil Collins, Donal Ward, Colin Keane; Enda Williams, Tom Cunniffe, Matthew Queenan; David Culhane, Shane Hogan; Tony Donnelly, Jamie Clarke, Luke Kelly; Kevin O'Grady, Dalton McDonagh, David Freeman.

Subs: Kieran Fitzgibbons, John Collins, Mike Creegan, Kevin Connolly, Michael Boyle, Daniel McKenna, Aaron Cunningham, Paddy Boyle, Keith Scally, JJ Matthews, Conor Connolly.

I thought I read somewhere that Michael Lundy was with the New York squad? They have a very decent attack there. Neil Collins, Donal Ward and Tom Cunniffe have bags of experienced at the highest level. David Culhane was highly rated when playing for the Kerry U21s and won a Sigerson Cup medal with UCC.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I will be backing New York at 11/8, I think it's a cracking bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,518 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Meath 9/4 v Antrim today seems a bit big?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭naughto

KevIRL wrote: »

How are Antrim 2/5 have neath gone back that much

• Advertisement

KevIRL wrote: »

Meath without four key players - Darragh Kelly (suspension), Anthony Forde (gone travelling), James Toher and Neil Heffernan (both injured).

I think Antrim have shown a marked improvement this year and should do enough to win this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement