Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Did anyone see sky sports awarding man of the match in the Carlow v Monaghan game saturday evening ?

I backed a man of match in Boyles but l didnt see sky giving an award, a quick look on twitter and there's a few people asking the same question with no answers it seems.

Paddypower have voided the market but when l went into Boyles today they said it was a loser they are paying out on somebody .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Boyles paid out on Brendan Murphy for MOTM.

Same As wrote: »
    Boyles paid out on Brendan Murphy for MOTM.

Cheers , do you know if sky awarded him man of the match ?

lm wondering where they got that from ,,

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Blackhall Gaels are 15/8 on PP to beat Seneschalstown in the Meath SFC on Monday. Can't understand how they're that long. Seneschalstown were easily beaten by Moynalvey in round 1 of the SFC whereas Blackhall were only narrowly beaten by a decent O'Mahonys team.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

robbie1977 wrote: »
    Cheers , do you know if sky awarded him man of the match ?

lm wondering where they got that from ,,

Sky never announced a MOTM after, they really rushed the after match thing. No interviews with either managers too.

In my opinion Kieran Hughes was MOTM, I saw the star newspaper agreed too.
    There's no way Brendan Murphy would have won, he wasn't even close to being best Carlow player on the night. Gary Kelly, Conor Lawlor, Mark Rennick & more all had better games than him. Brendan was actually well below par compared to his usual great standard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Marv8

danganabu wrote: »
    Tipp lost by 1 to Cork and lead with 5 mins to go, they spurned 3 clear cut goal chances in the first 15 mins and had an injured Seamie Callinan and no Bonner Maher who makes the entire forward line tick.

I agree with that but still think Clare are over priced.
    I see that with Powers they've actually gone out to 10/3 from 3/1 and the handicap has gone from 6 points to 5, how does that happen??

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Niallers87

Marv8 wrote: »
    I agree with that but still think Clare are over priced.
    I see that with Powers they've actually gone out to 10/3 from 3/1 and the handicap has gone from 6 points to 5, how does that happen??

Would imagine there is more confidence in Tipp; david mcinerney is an injury doubt and if hes not starting clare are in big trouble. Doubts too as to whether oisin o'brien will start; he got skinned in the munster final

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭tatoo

Doesn't explain why the handicap has tightened while the game odds lengthened

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

tatoo wrote: »
    Doesn't explain why the handicap has tightened while the game odds lengthened

What often happens is that a team maybe +3 points 11/8
    Then they'll change the handicap line to +4 points, but odds will change to 10/11

Not saying this is the case in this instance, but have often seen it before

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

Stevecw wrote: »
    Sky never announced a MOTM after, they really rushed the after match thing. No interviews with either managers too.

There's no way Brendan Murphy would have won, he wasn't even close to being best Carlow player on the night. Gary Kelly, Conor Lawlor, Mark Rennick & more all had better games than him. Brendan was actually well below par compared to his usual great standard.

That's very interesting, was Brendan Murphy given man of the match anywhere? Boyles can't pick it themselves so they must have gotten it from somewhere. Powers always state that they pay out based on RTE/Sky selection but I can't think whether I've seen the terms of Boyles.

• Advertisement

Thanks I rang Boyles customer service today to ask where did they get the result from , Gaa.ie they told me .

The market was sky man of the match what a bunch of chancers these bookies are , I wonder how many bets they took on Brendan Murphy and which was more profitable for them ,void everything or pay out on him.

I'll go back to the shop tomorrow .

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭frank93

Thanks I rang Boyles customer service today to ask where did they get the result from , Gaa.ie they told me .

The market was sky man of the match what a bunch of chancers these bookies are , I wonder how many bets they took on Brendan Murphy and which was more profitable for them ,void everything or pay out on him.

Powers paid out on Brendan Murphy as Sky Sports MOTM too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

frank93 wrote: »
    Powers paid out on Brendan Murphy as Sky Sports MOTM too.

And the voided the rest?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭iiHyPeRize

Some really interesting GAA 'All Star Awards' with Paddy Power. They have players in each of the categories (midfield, half forward, full forward etc..) but you still get paid your selection is name in a different position.

Kevin Feely @20/1(midfield) NAP
    Surely that's worth a punt at that price. Ladbrokes offering 8/1 on the same thing. If Kildare get over Armagh, they could easilly end up in the last 4. There hasn't really been any outstanding performers at midfield this year and I think he's been absolutely brilliant so far. I know he'll likely miss the Armagh game through suspension, but worth a punt imo.

Ciaran Kilkenny @11/10 (half forward)

I think that's probably just free money. 8/11 with Ladbrokes. Everything Dublin do goes through him and he's a contender for player of the year. Max Stake

Aidan O'Shea @10/3 (half forward)

He's a big name and if Mayo go on a bit of a run and he's likely to get one. That been said, he's been very average for 18 months, but he's shown signs of improvement of late.

Stephen Cluxton @Evs (GK)
    IF Dublin win the All Ireland, which they probably will - this is as sure as the sky is blue. Missed out last year, but that won't happen again - Max Stake

That's a bit of a joke to be honest. If the market is for 'Sky Man of the Match' and they do not award one then they cannot nominate another source after the fact
    and all selections in the market should be voided. Chase this and get your refund.

Same As wrote: »
    That's a bit of a joke to be honest. If the market is for 'Sky Man of the Match' and they do not award one then they cannot nominate another source after the fact
    and all selections in the market should be voided. Chase this and get your refund.

Just seeing this now... Pretty sure that's the Ladbrokes gaa trader tweeting them.

The 4 favs to win the RD qualifiers (Mayo / Donegal / Kildare / Monaghan) pays a nice 7/2 in 70 mins.
    Obv a good bit shorter if you bet on to qualify for the next round, if you're afraid of extra time.

I feel Mayo, Kildare & Monaghan are all playing a level ahead of their respective opposition (and yes I know Down already beat Monaghan but a lot has happened since).

My only worry is the Donegal game - is just getting over the line a sign of doing exactly what they need to do or are they just gone backwards quickly over the last few years. I feel they'll do enough again to get over the line against a fairly disjointed Galway team who will be looking forward to being able to enjoy the races as per usual!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭munster87

iiHyPeRize wrote: »
    Some really interesting GAA 'All Star Awards' with Paddy Power. They have players in each of the categories (midfield, half forward, full forward etc..) but you still get paid your selection is name in a different position.

Kevin Feely @20/1(midfield) NAP
    Surely that's worth a punt at that price. Ladbrokes offering 8/1 on the same thing. If Kildare get over Armagh, they could easilly end up in the last 4. There hasn't really been any outstanding performers at midfield this year and I think he's been absolutely brilliant so far. I know he'll likely miss the Armagh game through suspension, but worth a punt imo.

Ciaran Kilkenny @11/10 (half forward)

I think that's probably just free money. 8/11 with Ladbrokes. Everything Dublin do goes through him and he's a contender for player of the year. Max Stake

Aidan O'Shea @10/3 (half forward)

He's a big name and if Mayo go on a bit of a run and he's likely to get one. That been said, he's been very average for 18 months, but he's shown signs of improvement of late.

Stephen Cluxton @Evs (GK)
    IF Dublin win the All Ireland, which they probably will - this is as sure as the sky is blue. Missed out last year, but that won't happen again - Max Stake

Cluxton missed out last year alright. And the year before. Hasn't got one since 2013 so be careful with that.

munster87 wrote: »
    Cluxton missed out last year alright. And the year before. Hasn't got one since 2013 so be careful with that.

Probably all the more reason for him to get one this year if the Dubs go all the way imo. Also is on the precipice of breaking the all-time championship appearance record. That stuff plays on the mind of selection panels.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Wexford96

Does anyone think Cork can beat Mayo this Sat?
    Mayo full-back is not right this year.
    Midfield is unsettled, Seamus o Shea playing 40-50 mins per game.
    Cork are more familiar with Limerick pitch.
    Talk of unrest in Mayo camp.
    Cork traditionally beat Mayo, and will feel no pressure going into this.
    Are they worth a punt at 9/2?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,718 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Wexford96 wrote: »
    Thanks

No

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Jsmac67

Thanks

Im with you and will be having a go on them. Mayo consistently come up short year after year with some players noticeably less involved than in prior years.

Mayo have struggled all year against teams of far less skill and against when compared with cork. They can usually rely on Castlebar to squeeze a result but the fact they're playing away is also in Cork's favour.

Keep the free count to a a moderately low level and Cork have a real chance in my eyes.

• Site Banned Posts: 28 ShmuckRyan

Jsmac67 wrote: »
    Im with you and will be having a go on them. Mayo consistently come up short year after year with some players noticeably less involved than in prior years.

Mayo have struggled all year against teams of far less skill and against when compared with cork. They can usually rely on Castlebar to squeeze a result but the fact they're playing away is also in Cork's favour.

Keep the free count to a a moderately low level and Cork have a real chance in my eyes.

WTF! Was I dreaming or did Mayo not take Dublin to an All-Ireland final replay 10 months ago?

Ridiculous post!

Thanks

1. Fair point
    2. Mayo Midfield is better without SOS
    3. How often do Cork play in Limerick?
    4. Don't think there is
    5. Not in modern times
    6. No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Jsmac67

ShmuckRyan wrote: »
    WTF! Was I dreaming or did Mayo not take Dublin to an All-Ireland final replay 10 months ago?

Ridiculous post!

They absolutely did, and got to semis and finals going back previous years too. My point is they never ultimately deliver, and it appears this year their past failures have taken their toll on the players and they're paying the price with noticeably under par performances game after game.

Most definitely a team on a spiral downwards and there's no denying that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Mayo definitely look a lesser team so far this year but still think they will take care of Cork.Mayo have often struggled in a few games but still end up in semi/final.
    Cork have looked very poor as well all championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Jsmac67 wrote: »
    They absolutely did, and got to semis and finals going back previous years too. My point is they never ultimately deliver, and it appears this year their past failures have taken their toll on the players and they're paying the price with noticeably under par performances game after game.

Most definitely a team on a spiral downwards and there's no denying that.

Mayo improved game on game last year. They could do the same this year. Far too soon to be saying they are on a spiral downwards. They have not been good enough to beat Dublin the last 2 years, but neither has anyone else.
    Downward spiral for Mayo or not, Cork have been fairly consistently rancid for the last number of years. Having said that, Mayos lack of scoring power, a heavy wet day in Limerick and the handicap of +6 might look a bit appetizing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Going to have a good cut on under 51.5 on Tipp v Clare at 5/6 with PP and also under 36 points in Mayo v Cork at 6/5 with Boyles.
    Deluges expected tomorrow and poor weather for Saturday evening. If that comes to pass, those points lines might look quite high. If not, then currently I can lay off for no loss on both bets with other bookies and I dont think that will change before the games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Teams for Tipp/Clare announced. Tipp should cover the handicap pretty handily imo.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,456 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

ShmuckRyan wrote: »

Ridiculous post!

Don't be a Shmuck Ryan

A lot can happen in 10 months in any sport.

10 months ago Cork hurlers couldn't win a match, 10 months later they are winning at every grade!!

Mayo are a bit all over the place this year, you really can't trust them, Cork could and I think will give Mayo a good game, whether it's enough, only time will tell.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement