Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭grebtol2

Niall Kelly u2.5 points at evens looks off with PP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Kildare +10 @ 5/6 for me today. Also reckon Ciaran Kilkenny is worth a nibble for MOTM at 12/1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Django99 wrote: »
    At this point it's more of a running joke to see how badly he can do week in week out. There doesn't seem to be many public GAA tipsters in general let alone successful ones. The posters on here have a fairly good track record and can often pick out a good bet. The thing to be wary of is people who say things like "certainty" or "printing money", but definitely some good knowledge on this thread.

And the posters on the thread probably watch alot more GAA than Jennings.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

grebtol2 wrote: »
    Niall Kelly u2.5 points at evens looks off with PP.

Off as in he should score more? He's normally good for a few points isn't he? Goalscorer aswell.

Looking at those prices, a couple stand out for me:

Cathal McNally over 1.5 points - Evens
    Paddy Brophy over 1.5 points - 6/5
    Fergal Conway over 0.5 points - 7/4

Could anyone shed light on these? Two corner forwards and a half forward. Do Kildare play a sweeper? Who's on frees for Kildare? I'm considering having a go at 2 or 3 of those, just need a little bit more info before I make the move.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 31 Brad Bobley

Feely will be on the frees for Kildare unless Neill Flynn starts which is unlikely. Fergal Conway will spend most of the game in his own half so he's unlikely to score.

I'll be doing Brophy over 1.5 and Keith Cribbin under 0.5.

Feely will be on the frees for Kildare unless Neill Flynn starts which is unlikely. Fergal Conway will spend most of the game in his own half so he's unlikely to score.

I'll be doing Brophy over 1.5 and Keith Cribbin under 0.5.

A1. Brophy looks overpriced, think he will definitely get a few chances. Thanks for the info!

Kildare over 14.5 points at 11/10 also looks decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

Dublin over 23.5 at evens seems good to me. Dublin are normally into the 20's on points scored.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Think Kildare will cover the handicap...

Off as in he should score more? He's normally good for a few points isn't he? Goalscorer aswell.

A goal wipes out most unders so not going to start remortgaging, 1pt, but would have expected it odds on. Chips in multiples a lot of days and looking at Mannion who they've pegged him against as a match bet it's not far off. But Dubs is a different ball game, he's named half-forward and a smaller fella like that could be swallowed up by Dubs. There's also this stupid debate over how to play Dubs, anyone with anyone sense will try to play the Dubs over 15/20 minutes and and attempt a Seamus Darby. Kildare will surely do same. I'm expecting Kildare to try play it safe. Dubs don't have 6/7/8 scorers to watch today too. They'll have done their homework, another reason he'll be a bit vulnerable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,788 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

What was the handicap in the Tyrone v Down game?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    What was the handicap in the Tyrone v Down game?

-5 went then went to -6 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,121 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

What's with these massive wodges of injury time in the GAA lately? Might be worth a bet if any of the bookies were offering.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,323 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

What's with these massive wodges of injury time in the GAA lately? Might be worth a bet if any of the bookies were offering.:p

One of the Down players got a nasty looking cut on head that took up about five minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 16,121 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Collie D wrote: »
    One of the Down players got a nasty looking cut on head that took up about five minutes

Oh right, been a few of those lately, guess it's just coincidence...

Very open. Big goals danger for Kildare.

Very open. Big goals danger for Kildare.

Absolutely insane setup from Kildare. Kamikaze opening gambit. Maybe believed the hype. They do have the players to compete with Dublin, just not setting up like that.

Think Kildare will cover the handicap...

Gonna right this off id say :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Gonna right this off id say :confused:

Dubs will ease off a bit. No panic yet

80s Child wrote: »
    Dubs will ease off a bit. No panic yet

At least its done online so I can fcuk away the slip :pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Could anyone shed light on these? Two corner forwards and a half forward. Do Kildare play a sweeper? Who's on frees for Kildare? I'm considering having a go at 2 or 3 of those, just need a little bit more info before I make the move.

Thanks!

Only went for Brophy and O'Gara (dropped before throw in), McNally bet would have been in already. Conway and Kelly look like scoring nothing at the moment.

Assume O Gara bet will be void as long as he doesnt come on...

Assume O Gara bet will be void as long as he doesnt come on...

He'll definitely be on if not injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ciaran1988

Scorer bets are void if player doesn't start, even if he does come on

ciaran1988 wrote: »
    Scorer bets are void if player doesn't start, even if he does come on

Thinking of soccer.

Only went for Brophy and O'Gara (dropped before throw in), McNally bet would have been in already. Conway and Kelly look like scoring nothing at the moment.

Brophy bet is in.

Now for O'Gara to come on and prove a point to Jim Gavin 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

Dublin over 23.5 at evens seems good to me. Dublin are normally into the 20's on points scored.

Easy money. Thanks Jennings for helping the odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Thanks!

jsut to add brophy was 6/4 with boyles, also i saw betway started offering some player pts so worth look to.

A goal wipes out most unders so not going to start remortgaging, 1pt, but would have expected it odds on. Chips in multiples a lot of days and looking at Mannion who they've pegged him against as a match bet it's not far off. But Dubs is a different ball game, he's named half-forward and a smaller fella like that could be swallowed up by Dubs. There's also this stupid debate over how to play Dubs, anyone with anyone sense will try to play the Dubs over 15/20 minutes and and attempt a Seamus Darby. Kildare will surely do same. I'm expecting Kildare to try play it safe. Dubs don't have 6/7/8 scorers to watch today too. They'll have done their homework, another reason he'll be a bit vulnerable.

Niall Kelly finishes with 1 point. Game didn't pan out quite as I expected but he did look lost in Croke Park. Was a day for runners getting on it coming through which he can't do much of, he had a man stuck to him most of the time with his back to goal.

• Advertisement

Ref had the handicap draw backed :D.

My double was gone after Down but would have been sick there with Kildare getting it back to 8 with a minute left and failing to hold on.

Even more sickening if you were on Dublin.
    Gave a goal away that late and then get a goal ruled out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement