Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

spurshero wrote: »
    Sorry wasn't aware of tipp having that many injuries .

I'd say if anything Tipp's injuries might be clearing up - Austin came on at half-time and Quinlivan came on in the 47th minute. Those are 2 big players for them.

I'd keep a close eye on what team Tipp name to start and what sort of talk there is about injuries - they tend to only name the starting 15 players , when naming teams so it can be a bit tricky.

Armagh struggled mightily against Westmeath and it was only a very late goal that put a gloss on the scoreline from reading the reports. It also seemed that Westmeath had chances but missed them and I would have the Tipp forwards a bit ahead of the Westmeath attack, especially if they can get Quinlivan involved to any significant degree.

It might be one to keep an eye on in running to see how it's going as evens is a bit narrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Danick wrote: »
    As the Dude says, "Well, that's just your opinion man" - it's a shame you have no problem with calling amateur players "embarrassing" they don't get paid and train week in week out and for what? They lose one game and they are cannon fodder.

I would accept that if I had or the original comment had named any individuals as embarrassing but that wasn't what happened it was the collective team. As for the claim that this is a judgement made on the basis of one defeat this wasn't exactly a one off either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

danganabu wrote: »
    I would accept that if I had or the original comment had named any individuals as embarrassing but that wasn't what happened it was the collective team. As for the claim that this is a judgement made on the basis of one defeat this wasn't exactly a one off either.

Grand okay - maybe I'm wrong - I want to stay on topic here so I would say the performance on Sunday has made the odds for backing Galway more favourable.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Marv8

Any info on club games this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Monaghan, Tyrone and Dublin to all beat their handicaps comes in just over 6/1.

In addition, Monaghan-9 against Carlow at evens is surely printing money, no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Was listening to a podcast recently and the PP Trader said that Carlow are probably the hardest team for them to price up.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭hurler97

Kildorrery are certs to beat Milford @8/15 in Cork IHC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Jennings football for tomorrow...

Recommendations:

Under 14.5 Carlow points
    3pts 4-5 Paddy Power

Monaghan -8
    2pts 10-11 Betway, Hills

Armagh -2
    2pts 13-5 Paddy Power

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Thoughts on double of tipp to score first goal 1/1 and Carlow 4/5 to score under 14.5 pts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭spurshero

Dots1982 wrote: »
    Thoughts on double of tipp to score first goal 1/1 and Carlow 4/5 to score under 14.5 pts?
    If ya double the Carlow part with tipp over0.5 goals it pays 7 to 4 . Would rather that than it having to be first goal . Ok your double pays over 5to 2 but stating the obvious if Armagh goal first your bets a loser . Would rather take the 7 to 4 option

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,548 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Being looking ar the tip v Armagh game. Hard one to call. I really fancied Armagh the last day but the way Tip are playing I think they will win.

Going with Tip win 5/6 pp

Tip ht/ft best priced at 2/1 pp

And tip over 1.5 goals 15/8 pp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭spurshero

thelad95 wrote: »
    Monaghan, Tyrone and Dublin to all beat their handicaps comes in just over 6/1.

In addition, Monaghan-9 against Carlow at evens is surely printing money, no?
    Dublin only bet Carlow by 12 after playing half hour with extra man . I was very confident last week of Monaghan covering 6 v Wexford but I think this one is lot harder to call

Michael Quinlivan and Paddy Codd in for Tipperary. They replace Philip Austin and Willie Connors.

Tipp @ 4/5 for me

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Josh Keane to score over 0.5 points is Evens.

A super price in my view for a man who chips in with a point or two regularly enough.

Armagh look far more likely to score a goal. The ref who has been terrible robbed them of a goal already.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Josh Keane to score over 0.5 points is Evens.

A super price in my view for a man who chips in with a point or two regularly enough.

That'll do. 2 points in 1st half, tidy player.

Paddy Neilan will be doing well to make it out of Thurles in one piece 🀔

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,548 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Being looking ar the tip v Armagh game. Hard one to call. I really fancied Armagh the last day but the way Tip are playing I think they will win.

Going with Tip win 5/6 pp

Tip ht/ft best priced at 2/1 pp

And tip over 1.5 goals 15/8 pp

Tip up by 3 at ht but didn't score for 20 second half minutes, hit some very bad wides and had a ref in the last 20 minutes that did his very best for Armagh.

Jennings bet on a Armagh -2 a loser thanks to a very late Tipp point

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

This guy Jennings is obviously not a great judge, he seems to get far more wrong than he gets right (based on my following of this thread)
    , surely there's better GAA tipsters around who's tips can be shared?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 31 Brad Bobley

Went for under 36.5 points total in this Carlow v Monaghan game. Just the 8 points in the first half.

Also had McCarron under 3.5 points. He's currently on 0.

Ffs Monaghan.

Not a hope they'll make the 9 so I hope they lose now.

Topped Galways performance less than a week later.

At least Galway played a half decent team... you'd expect Leitrim to give Carlow a game.

It must be true about Carlow been a hard team to price up. 14.5 as the line for Carlow's total points was a rare gift

Jennings

Kildare +9
    2pts 11-10 BoyleSports
    Dublin under 23.5 points
    2pts Evs BoyleSports
    Tyrone -5
    3pts 5-6 bet365
    No Down goal
    2pts 11-10 BoyleSports

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Bla112

hurler97 wrote: »
    Kildorrery are certs to beat Milford @8/15 in Cork IHC

How did this go?

Bla112 wrote: »
    How did this go?

On tomorrow @ 7

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Went for under 36.5 points total in this Carlow v Monaghan game. Just the 8 points in the first half.

Also had McCarron under 3.5 points. He's currently on 0.

See here.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Radiant Cool Crazy Nightmare

Dublin -9 vs Kildare. I expect it to be tight for the first 40/50mins but then hope Dublin start turning the screw and racking up the scores. They are a serious outfit and will bring on the 4 or 5 quality subs who will look to do damage. After the shambles of Tipp on the nose and Monaghan -9 today im putting all my eggs in the Dublin basket.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

dulux99 wrote: »
    This guy Jennings is obviously not a great judge, he seems to get far more wrong than he gets right (based on my following of this thread)
    , surely there's better GAA tipsters around who's tips can be shared?

At this point it's more of a running joke to see how badly he can do week in week out. There doesn't seem to be many public GAA tipsters in general let alone successful ones. The posters on here have a fairly good track record and can often pick out a good bet. The thing to be wary of is people who say things like "certainty" or "printing money", but definitely some good knowledge on this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Django99 wrote: »
    At this point it's more of a running joke to see how badly he can do week in week out. There doesn't seem to be many public GAA tipsters in general let alone successful ones. The posters on here have a fairly good track record and can often pick out a good bet. The thing to be wary of is people who say things like "certainty" or "printing money", but definitely some good knowledge on this thread.

100% I agree, been following this thread for a few months and there are some great judges in here, which Ied me to wonder why Jennings gets brought up so much!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement