Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Same As wrote: »
    Kildare +10 @ 5/6 for me today. Also reckon Ciaran Kilkenny is worth a nibble for MOTM at 12/1.

Only just snuck in.

Assuming Con O Callaghan got MOTM, impressive display.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Radiant Cool Crazy Nightmare

Ref had the handicap draw backed :D.

My double was gone after Down but would have been sick there with Kildare getting it back to 8 with a minute left and failing to hold on.

Even more sickening if you were on Dublin.
    Gave a goal away that late and then get a goal ruled out.

Was on Dublin -9. Have just finished shouting like a maniac at the tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Cork Intermediate Hurling Matches
    Kildorrery v Milford - anyone know the result?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ciaran1988

Kildorrey won 1-13 to 0-10

ciaran1988 wrote: »
    Kildorrey won 1-13 to 0-10

Thanks a million!

• Advertisement

hurler97 wrote: »
    Kildorrery are certs to beat Milford @8/15 in Cork IHC

Thanks a million for this great tip!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,121 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Do you guys think anyone outside the 'big four' has even a ghost of a chance at the football All-Ireland? It's 33/1 bar with Bet365.
    The winner of Galway-Donegal maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

Do you guys think anyone outside the 'big four' has even a ghost of a chance at the football All-Ireland? It's 33/1 bar with Bet365...

To be honest, I don't think anyone outside of the Big Two can win it this year....

To be honest, I don't think anyone outside of the Big Two can win it this year....

How about each way then? Galway-Donegal play Roscommon in the Q-f then presumably Kerry in the semi...

How about each way then? Galway-Donegal play Roscommon in the Q-f then presumably Kerry in the semi...

For any of Mayo / Donegal / Galway / Roscommon / Cork to win an each way bet (ie Get to All Ireland final), they'd have to beat Kerry along the way.

I don't think there is any value there.

There's even less chance on the other side, where Kildare / Monaghan / Armagh / Down would have to beat Dublin to reach final

• Advertisement

For any of Mayo / Donegal / Galway / Roscommon / Cork to win an each way bet (ie Get to All Ireland final), they'd have to beat Kerry along the way.

I don't think there is any value there.

There's even less chance on the other side, where Kildare / Monaghan / Armagh / Down would have to beat Dublin to reach final

And you don't think the chances of "catching Kerry on a bad day" would be any greater than for Dublin? Fair enough...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,788 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Kildare - 2 vs Armagh looks like value to me.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

And you don't think the chances of "catching Kerry on a bad day" would be any greater than for Dublin? Fair enough...

The problem is even trying to pick the team that might catch Kerry on that bad day.
    And for example, even if the winners of Galway / Donegal beat Kerry in q final, then they'll prob have to beat Mayo in the semi (or vice versa)

The problem is even trying to pick the team that might catch Kerry on that bad day.
    And for example, even if the winners of Galway / Donegal beat Kerry in q final, then they'll prob have to beat Mayo in the semi (or vice versa)

My understanding is that Roscommon play Galway/Donegal and Kerry play Mayo/Cork. Not sure if that's definite though...

My understanding is that Roscommon play Galway/Donegal and Kerry play Mayo/Cork. Not sure if that's definite though...

No, it'll depend on who goes through.

If Galway win, they def play Kerry

If Cork win, they def play Roscommon

If Mayo & Donegal win (likely), its an open draw

No, it'll depend on who goes through.

If Galway win, they def play Kerry

If Cork win, they def play Roscommon

If Mayo & Donegal win (likely), its an open draw

Oh right. Might just go with Donegal e/w at 33/1 so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Tyson Fury wrote: »

AS long as there is no bounce factor from yesterday, that is huge value. Hopefully I can retrieve my losses from Kildare +9 yesterday!

Kildare V Armagh just confirmed for Croke Park as well which adds confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭grebtol2

Tyrone.

grebtol2 wrote: »
    Tyrone.

Won't score enough goals to beat Dublin for me. Kerry are the only team with the required quality and that knack for clinically putting away goal chances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭DubCount

Kevin Feely is suspended for the match and that will make a big difference.

Also, losing Leinster Finalists have a really bad record in the qualifiers.

Not sure its a gimme.

• Site Banned Posts: 31 Brad Bobley

Kildare will also be without Eoin Doyle, another massive loss. I still think Kildare will win but wouldn't be throwing money at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Marv8

I think Wexford at 11/4 and Clare at 3/1 are very big.
    Wexford to me were more comfortable winners than Waterford were against Kilkenny.
    Only for the woodwork on two occasions, Clare could be Munster champions where Tipps form is very questionable.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,788 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Yeah the Clare price is huge, it's more of a 50/50 game in my opinion.

Clare - 6 on the handicap is also big, I expected it to be around 1 or 2 points.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭grebtol2

Wexfords year could be run imo, even Davy says it, and Clare are not a good team. They don't play as a team and they haven't had a decent performance in Championship in 4 years. Those shots off the post masked a big defeat in the Munster Final. Cork much the best, was still 5 with Cork easing up a bit and missing a couple of easy ones late. I'd say Clare's confidence is still shot and they don't have Davy as an excuse this year. It's all on them, there's a lot of pressure.

Bookies are probably protecting themselves with the prices though, nobody will be confident enough of Wexford and Clare to have a whole lot on but a touch bigger for the favourites and it would make a nice double.

Wexford have come from a very low base this year. And for Waterford to finally beat Kilkenny and then not turn up in a quarter against Wexford is unthinkable for them, they've already been burned once this year. I'd be backing Waterford on the handicap or in a few other ways. Waterford are a superior team. Form, progress, motivation at a time of year teams are peaking could mean a bigger gap on the scoreboard than odds suggest.

Clare and Tipp could be more of a game, Tipp could destroy them, less likely they won't turn up but still possible and if there is a touch of value it is with Clare. I'll be more cautious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Possibility that Feely will appeal the suspension, will personally keep the powder dry until that is confirmed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,546 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I agree with Clare not really playing as a team, I fancied Cork in the Munster final and I really fancy Tip to beat Clare and beat them well. I'll be taking Tip-5 at 10/11 and tip to score goals when I see the prices. Not seen much in Clare in the last year or two to be betting on them. I reckon the bookies have it priced well.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Marv8

grebtol2 wrote: »
    Wexfords year could be run imo, even Davy says it, and Clare are not a good team. They don't play as a team and they haven't had a decent performance in Championship in 4 years. Those shots off the post masked a big defeat in the Munster Final. Cork much the best, was still 5 with Cork easing up a bit and missing a couple of easy ones late. I'd say Clare's confidence is still shot and they don't have Davy as an excuse this year. It's all on them, there's a lot of pressure.

Bookies are probably protecting themselves with the prices though, nobody will be confident enough of Wexford and Clare to have a whole lot on but a touch bigger for the favourites and it would make a nice double.

Wexford have come from a very low base this year. And for Waterford to finally beat Kilkenny and then not turn up in a quarter against Wexford is unthinkable for them, they've already been burned once this year. I'd be backing Waterford on the handicap or in a few other ways. Waterford are a superior team. Form, progress, motivation at a time of year teams are peaking could mean a bigger gap on the scoreboard than odds suggest.

Clare and Tipp could be more of a game, Tipp could destroy them, less likely they won't turn up but still possible and if there is a touch of value it is with Clare. I'll be more cautious.

That makes no sense, an inch to the right and an inch lower and Clare have 6 more points on the board, they only lost by 5.

Yeah the Clare price is huge, it's more of a 50/50 game in my opinion.

Clare - 6 on the handicap is also big, I expected it to be around 1 or 2 points.

I don't know, my feeling on the game is that it will either be Clare in a close game with Tipp shown some of lethargy they have shown in the league final, the Cork game to a lesser extent and the Westmeath game or they will return to last years form, anything close to last year and anything close to last years form they will destroy Clare, in particular the full forward line.

In the last 4 years Clare have beaten Offaly, Laois and Limerick - they are an incredibly over rated team, who have some individualy very good hurlers,

• Advertisement

Marv8 wrote: »
    That makes no sense, an inch to the right and an inch lower and Clare have 6 more points on the board, they only lost by 5.

Tipp lost by 1 to Cork and lead with 5 mins to go, they spurned 3 clear cut goal chances in the first 15 mins and had an injured Seamie Callinan and no Bonner Maher who makes the entire forward line tick.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement