Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭dring

glanman wrote: »
    Treble of Valley Rovers, Aghada and Meelin, paying out 13/8... bit late for all but just put it on with PP.
    Valley lost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭glanman

dring wrote: »
    Valley lost

Sorry, was on the road... Ballyhea caused a surprise for me sadly... no report on it, will let you know in the morning... looking at it I should have stayed clear as Valeys just off the back of a senior football loss, a lot of players shared... hindsight and all...

will give proper insight and thoughts into other cork games and report tomoro... make up to tonights loss...

by the way the cork site is excellent, updated almost instantly...

http://gaacork.ie/

Evening Echo Premier Intermediate Hurling Championship
    Valley Rovers 0 - 13 vs Ballyhea 3 - 8 Round 2
    Evening Echo Intermediate Hurling Championship
    Aghada 2 - 13 vs Blackrock 0 - 15 Round 2

Dromina 2 - 7 vs Meelin 2 - 15 Round 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Clubmad

Ooooooops

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭storykid

Few hard games to call in Waterford this weekend

Even though De La Salle should beat Lismore @4/9 there is no value imo, Lismore are a good side and i wouldnt be surprised if they pulled a result out here

Ballyduff Upper 4/11 should also come through against an always tough Fourmilewater outfit but again I would stay away at that price as it will be closer than odds suggest

Mt Sion (8/15 PP) vs Tallow
    Im expecting a Mt Sion win here against a Tallow side that havent been convincing in their first 2 games. If Mt Sion have any aspirations of winning the title this year this is a game they should be winning with a bit to spare. Sion have the talent in their ranks and although they weren't impressive in beating newly promoted Roanmore 6 weeks ago, i dont see that having an impact on this game. Tallow have also been poor in their opening 2 games. I would be surprised if Mt Sion didn't pick up the points here

Dungarvan (evens WHill) vs Roanmore

This is great value (4/9 in PP), was talking to a Ballygunner player yesturday, who played both Dungarvan and Roanmore in thier first 2 championship games and hammered the two of them convincingly, and he said he would be very surprised if Dungarvan didnt come put on top here. Dungarvan axed thier new manager 6 weeks ago after thier 2 opening round defeats where they were very poor. It remains to be seen if the new management can get them back on winning ways but on paper Dungarvan possess some very good hurlers and have better all round quality than Roanmore (Dungarvan have a few county palyers minor u21 and senior, Roanmore have only 1 i think, u21). It is hard to judge Roanmore having not seen them and thier opening 2 defeats were to quality oposition on Mt Sion and Ballygunner, in which I didnt learn much about them. I dont know too much about this game but ill trust my friends word on this.A medium stake single bet on Dungarvan for me here

Final game i like is Ballygunner 2/5 WH to beat Passage, were 2/7 on PP now 2/9. This will be a great game 2 quality teams, Ballygunner favourites to win the county (which i think they will) have been very impressive in their 1st 2 games hammering Roanmore and Dungarvan and have quality throughout the field. 5 of the Waterford team that lined out against Limerick last weekend will be playing Sunday. Passage are a good side but i cant see them having enough here, they will be missing 2 starting defenders through injury which is a blow, the key man in attack is eoin kelly who is a goal machine for them. I cant see the Ballygunner defence giving him time and space on the ball and with the quality in attack Ballygunner hold, they should win this.

A Ballygunner Mt Sion double along with a single on Dungravan is what im going for, was tempted to throw in Ballyduff Upper but ill leave it. Was also told Laune Rangers to beat Kenmare in Kerry is a near cert the weekend but i dont know anything about this game!

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Sir Vival

Prices are up on PP. Strokestown are a bit short @6/4 so won't include them.

Western Gaels are a very good price @8/15 (should be 1/3 or even 1/4)

I know i've said previously to stay away from castlerea but that was on the basis of them being priced something around 1/4. They're 1/2 currently to beat Kilbride and I think thats a decent price.

So Western Gaels/Castlerea double for me this weekend in the ros club championship

€25 returns €57.50

Will have another couple of bets on games mentioned here once I give the last few pages a proper read and do a bit more research.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Looking at the overs in the Armagh v Derry game - over 28.5 is 10/11 with VC and PP is at over 29.5 @ 10/11 so thinking of putting a few bob with VC on this. Derry are very attack minded and not very defensive (they man to man mark - no sweeper) and Armagh are good at attacking too. I also like the over 2.5 goals in this game @ 2/1 - Any thoughts before throw in would help i.e. weather conditions up there?

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭mjp

Took some of that evens on Dungarvan there with hills and was automatically cut to 2/5 after so they must have realised their error.

Two bets in the hurling tonight:

Aongus Callinan over 1.5 points @ 4/5 with ladbrokes. Going very well for galway recently after a poor league and hit 3-3 in a recent challenge against offaly. Has a keen eye for goal and scored 1-1 first day out against westmeath. Galway dont have a whole lot to come on in full forward line and can see him lasting the full 70 minutes as Mc Intyre tends to haul off the wing forwards first if things arent going too good.

Peadar Carton under 2.5 points @ 8/11 with powers looks big aswell. Gets the start today ahead of Daire Plunkett but hasnt been putting up huge scores in league this year chipping in with an odd point here and there. Big ask for him to hit 3 points today and will be up against good corner backs in moore and joyce whoever he faces. Could hit a goal and throw a spanner in the works but id rather be on unders rather than over on this player seeing as Anthony Daly has plenty of options to come off the bench.

Results from Roscommon yesterday.

St. Croans 0-10 St. Faithleachs 1-8
    Croans were 5pts up with 10minutes to play seemingly and bottled it.

Strokestown 0-15 Clann na Gael 0-11
    Annoyed with myself that I didn't put money on the town now. Story is that Shine didn't play for Clann for some reason (only announced 5minutes before the game)

Browsing the markets on offer for the game in Ulster later now...

some good calls made on this thread so far this weekend...

Ballyduff upper got hammered, 8 pts or so so glad I heeded the advice!

The games in Cork I have backed (from paddypower as some are not available on other sites) are St Catherines v Cobh, after talking to a few and doing research Catherines should have plenty for them. Cobh gave Fermoy a run for it in the first round so would expect the same here but they wont have enough in the end.

Armagh v Derry, they were very impressive beating Down the last day. A lot of people didn't see it as the champs league was on so that is probably why there is not much talk about them...

Ballincollig will beat Na Piarsiagh on Monday evening. 7/2 on, should be 5/1 on or shorter... Collig are one of the 3/4 teams who can challenge Nemo while Piarsiagh are relegation contenders.

Trying to get PP to put up odds on Aghaboullouge and if the do and come close to Cashmans odds (http://cashmans.ie/antipost/gaaweekend.html) I would reccommend go for them too... Have emailed support for the odds...

Ya think i'll go for the Armagh win, I just hope their performance against down wasn't a flash in the pan. Sure I may aswell throw in ballincollig into it as well seeing as your so confident about them.

Your chances of PP offering odds on a club game that they haven't made available of their own accord are slim to none from my experience in the past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭mjp

Castlerea after winning 14- 10 so good shout there Sir Vival. You have been bang on with all your calls in Roscommon this year. Lets hope Western Gaels finish off the job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭joebucks

Radonman wrote: »
    Looking at the overs in the Armagh v Derry game - over 28.5 is 10/11 with VC and PP is at over 29.5 @ 10/11 so thinking of putting a few bob with VC on this. Derry are very attack minded and not very defensive (they man to man mark - no sweeper) and Armagh are good at attacking too. I also like the over 2.5 goals in this game @ 2/1 - Any thoughts before throw in would help i.e. weather conditions up there?

Great calls.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭dougal-maguire

it seems western gaels lost by a point

joebucks wrote: »
    Great calls.:D

Yea, made a few bob on those not much thought - covered my losses on Galway the useless gits. I hope a few got on on it, thought it was easy money:D

it seems western gaels lost by a point

Absolutely sickened by their performance today. They were beyond woeful against a very mediocre roscommon gaels team who were without their best player. Albeit seanie mcdermott didn't play for western gaels (hamstring strain) they should have had more than enough to dispose of a team who plays intermediate league regularly. I can't get over how bad they were today, it's like their county players couldn't give a damn due to the upcoming connaught final.

If you can get St. Brigids at anything just short of evens I'd absolutely jump on it. Doesn't look like any team has the power to stop them at the minute.

Elphin/Kilmore match was a draw.

Sorry for anyone who backed the Western Gaels...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭funnyname

This site looks useful when considering your bets

http://starbets.ie/betting/gaa/

I also read about a poster on the betfair forum who put up about 10 bets in the Cork Laois match, very reasoned post. All of them came in for a 91 point profit if you stuck to his suggested stakes.

Time to hop into my DeLorean

So ballincollig won, 1-20 to1-6!

I got my bet on aghabollouge in cashmans. Had a healthy sum on at 5/6, 7-6 up at half time, a little nervous to say the least! They won handy though, 1-15 to 10.

I'm thinkin I may be more selective in my advice from now on... ill preview what I can but will recommend 1/2 as very confident. May be good if we all do this as the inside knowledge is there.4/5 "certs" around d country should be possible. To give a solid accum

• Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

funnyname wrote: »

I also read about a poster on the betfair forum who put up about 10 bets in the Cork Laois match, very reasoned post. All of them came in for a 91 point profit if you stuck to his suggested stakes.

Here's the guys post about Laois-Cork
    before i mention the wagers, i want to say that i am not ramping as there is no liquidity here on the markets i am pinpointing and because paddypows lead on the gaa prices all the others follow and if you cannot get on with team tallaght then plenty of friendly independents will give you their prices, as is routine.

to pay for your summer the medium of attention is saturday afternoons game, the hurling qualifier between cork and laois in portlaoise.

i believe, and the sharpest gaa punter i know agrees, that the bookies led by team ppower have completely got the line on this game wrong...they say 10/11 cork minus 11, their call....we are certain the line should be 20 points.
    some of you know i have very good knowledge of both camps and because the line is so wrong not alone can you clean up on the various handicaps, you can win big on the side markets as well as they are linked to the 11 point median line.

laois are dire, they managed to beat an appalling clare in the league and that is the sole reason i can see the bookies with the low handicap. laois' defeat by down in the league is a fairer reflection of their standing...in a nutshell they ran limerick close 2 years ago when bro philip was at the helm, since he left the standard has dropped and the subs bench against 14 man antrim was a farce.

since the defeat to antrim 3 weeks ago, training, if you call it that, has been a shambles...they had 2 challenge games since....one they lost to waterford u21s and had to "borrow" a player from the deise to make the 15 ...and last weekend 13 of this weeks named laois team scrapped a 1 pt win over a below strength kilkenny intermediate team...furthermore they are not physically fit for real championship action and with no fitness work in the past month.
    cork on the otherhand are in great nick and gave tipp a good run for their money.

a good guide is a challenge game the 2 sides played on may 8th where a full strength laois side lost 3-18 to 0-13, with cork emptying the bench early in the 2nd half.
    according to one of the laois hurlers i spoke to yesterday, he wants to avoid injury so as not to interfere with his travel plans to the USA..that is the prevailing attitude in the laois camp, whereas i gather cork are keen to clock up some goals, and they dont face brendan cummins this time.

not even bad weather will stop a hammering, i think a score line in the ballpark of 5-25 to 1-10 is on the cards maybe more severe as cork may go on the rampage in the closing stages when their superior fitness starts to tell.
    the last 3 decent county teams laois faced in a knockout game at o moore park in the past 5/6 years were tipp(won by about 28pts), galway won by 20plus 2 years ago and offaly won by 15 or 16....

so to make your summer killing, assemble a bank of 30 points and play as follows on ppower markets and priced as of now thursday night.

5pts cork -13pts at 7/5
    4pts cork -16pts at 11/4
    2pts cork -18pts at 9/2

9pts cork to score over 27 1/2 pts score tally at 5/6

4pts cork to score over 2 1/2 goals at 6/4
    2pts cork to score over 3 1/2 goals at 7/2
    2pts cork to score over 4 1/2 goals at 8/1
    2pts cork to score over 5 1/2 goals at 14/1.

i am writing this in advance of fridays racing post tips, so i am not influenced by any other source except my inside knowledge of the laois camp.

when cork play offaly in the next round the line will be 7-9 pts and offaly would hammer laois by the same, so feast on the prices served up this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Gone with Cork minus 7 @ 10-11 v Offaly and Antrim minus 4 @ 10-11 v Carlow Boyles

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭factnee

funnyname wrote: »

On the basis of this post, I went into the Betfair forum yesterday and the same guy was tipping Wexford -12 in the handicap vs Laois last night. Again he was spot on and I backed it. Thanks for giving us the heads up funnyname.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

factnee wrote: »
    On the basis of this post, I went into the Betfair forum yesterday and the same guy was tipping Wexford -12 in the handicap vs Laois last night. Again he was spot on and I backed it. Thanks for giving us the heads up funnyname.

Link to betfair forum post so we can follow the guy?

You are into mostly 3rd round games in cork this weekend which are in fact the 2nd loser round so teams at this stage have lost two championship games, this is the last chance to stay in championship or else face one final game with the loser getting relegated.

One standout team in these is Dohenys v St Nicks, they are 1/3 in cashmans, not sure anywhere else but will will handy enough. Other games are too tight to call and I don't have too much inside knowledge of either.

For Cork games so, no bets for me.

Don't think there is too much club action this weekend. Limerick has some club games on so maybe someone knows what might stand out here? they are up on PP.

In county games, think I will keep an eye on weather and look at total points etc in running.

Down are well better than Clare, obvious I know, so might take some of the -7 on them

My bet for the weekend is Down -7 with VC @ EVENS, Clare are piss poor and if Down are focused they will hockey them. Also gonna throw a tenner on Down over 1.5 goals with PP @ 6/4

Down on the handicap look a good shout alright... still mulling it over.

Gonna wait for PP's powerplay and see what that's like (I presume they'll have a gaa one for saturday's action)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Meath -3
    Monaghan -3
    Down -8

Pays 8/1

Looking for 2 more to add but think these 3 are winners.

Meath -3
    Monaghan -3
    Down -8

Pays 8/1

Looking for 2 more to add but think these 3 are winners.

For 2 more i'd add Longford and Antrim - for small monies fo course:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Hope there was a few of ye on the London win... 0-8 to 0-1 up on Fermanagh. Got it @ 2/1 yesterday missing out on 7/2 I read they were at earlier during the week:eek:

Looks like Down are going to spoil a lot of bets...

Just had a proper look through the markets on tonights games.

Two bets I've decided to go for:

Paddy Keenan(under 1.5pts) @5/4 in the Meath/Louth match. Keenan is a midfielder and a good one at that but can't see him getting 2pts or more, if he does he'll probably get MoM.

Laois(-3) @11/10. I think the team they've picked this week is a lot stronger than previous teams they've picked. Two disappointing championship performances so far so I expect a big performance from them tonight against a poor tipp team.

Radonman wrote: »
    My bet for the weekend is Down -7 with VC @ EVENS, Clare are piss poor and if Down are focused they will hockey them. Also gonna throw a tenner on Down over 1.5 goals with PP @ 6/4

Clare are still piss poor, they have not improved that much since Cork hammered! them so that make Down crap too - sorry about that folks:(

• Advertisement

Sir Vival wrote: »

Paddy Keenan(under 1.5pts) @5/4 in the Meath/Louth match. Keenan is a midfielder and a good one at that but can't see him getting 2pts or more, if he does he'll probably get MoM.

**** **** ****. I left the house for the second half and heard on the radio a few minutes ago that louth score 2-8... then I heard clarke scored 1-8... I thought to myself great that bets in no bother... since when did a midfielder take a penalty!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement