Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

PeakOutput wrote: »
    spell check

That's not fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

spell check

Punctuation?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Online dating?

Galvasean wrote: »
    Online dating?

Question mark?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

I raise you an exclamation mark!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

i met a girl on tagged.com last week and we have gelled completely and plan to meet soon enough.......BUT im not after a relationship im fooked :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

spell check
    You're dont be a dick check must be broken,Id get that fixed before posting here again.

You're dont be a dick check must be broken,Id get that fixed before posting here again.

note to self must become a mod:eek:the power the money the women :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

That's not fair.

its perfectly fair but i guess people like to get offended on others behalf so i get infracted live and learn :rolleyes:. if snow-monkey was offended personally i apologise to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

its perfectly fair but i guess people like to get offended on others behalf so i get infracted live and learn :rolleyes:. if snow-monkey was offended personally i apologise to him.

you got infracted because you were being a dick. For your info, you still are being a dick. Drop the subject, now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

i met a girl on tagged.com last week and we have gelled completely and plan to meet soon enough.......BUT im not after a relationship im fooked :pac:

Do she know this? There is nothing wrong with no wanting a relationship as long as you are honest and don't mislead anyone.

mood wrote: »
    Do she know this? There is nothing wrong with no wanting a relationship as long as you are honest and don't mislead anyone.

well it hasnt come up yet but neither has a relationship soooooo its confusing to say the least but you are right ill have to let her know.Im sure she understands that with us living 2 hours apart and both of us having kids that the chance of a relationship is not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

She's probably in the exact same boat as you. Don't worry about it. See how it pans out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

well it hasnt come up yet but neither has a relationship soooooo its confusing to say the least but you are right ill have to let her know.Im sure she understands that with us living 2 hours apart and both of us having kids that the chance of a relationship is not good.

Maybe in the future you should explain this in your profile. That way you will only meet women who know the score from the start and who want the same thing which is better for all involved IMO. I wouldn't assume she knows there is not chance of a relationship forming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭magneticimpulse

^ Depending on the dating website you can put down what you are looking for. POF for example lets you distinguish different types of relationships you might be looking for: hang out, friend, intimate encounter, date, relationship, long term relationship etc.

If thats the case, then its not sure a bad thing. However if its something like match.com, I dont think you can distinguish the "type" of relationship which is very misleading.

As for living 2 hours away and with kids. I never let distance stop me when it comes to relationships. All of my relationships have been long distance...majority being in other countries. For some people that is not an issue.

You must like her some what if you are going to meet a person 2 hours away, when you could just as easily meet someone in a nightclub 10 mins away for a fling or ONS without much hassle or need to get to know the person. So you must want some sort of relationship??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

I actuallu like LD relationships, love the feeling I get when I get to go see them.
    Probably as it's only once a week! :D

I'm beginning to notice that 18-20 year old girls that use POF can neither spell or type correctly. The amount of text speak is incredible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

I'm beginning to notice that 18-20 year old girls that use POF can neither spell or type correctly. The amount of text speak is incredible!

Same with the guys there except the age bracket on it seems to be a lot wider than 18-20.. now you know why I stopped bothering with it! :p

Galvasean wrote: »
    She's probably in the exact same boat as you. Don't worry about it. See how it pans out.

as long as i get to smash it im happy..........no im jokin:D

mood wrote: »
    Maybe in the future you should explain this in your profile. That way you will only meet women who know the score from the start and who want the same thing which is better for all involved IMO. I wouldn't assume she knows there is not chance of a relationship forming.

tagged.com isnt exactly a dating website,it used to be a chat room but they got rid of that and went for a social network look

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

DA365 wrote: »
    I'll be honest. I NEVER put a picture up on these sites and I'll tell you why.

I like people to like me for who I am, NOT what I look like - and I'm not bad looking it's just the way I wanted it to be.

Unfortunately, a lot of people wont reply if you don't have a picture up! Some even state that in their own profiles!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,769 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

if I read one more "if you want to find out more!" in the "message me if" section on OkCupid, I'll go mad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

papagormo wrote: »
    if I read one more "if you want to find out more!" in the "message me if" section on OkCupid, I'll go mad!

Thats really annoying. There are a lot of people on many sites that put that up and little else. This means you've nothing to say about their profile when you do message them and they mightnt bother replying as a result.

I can't understand why it's so hard to write a paragraph about yourself unless your a really boring person with literally nothing to write about.

Ive put in so much effort in my profile...but Im getting too many emails each day, I just end up not reading any of them.

I feel really bad. I want to reply to everyone, and did reply to about 5 out of 100, but then they replied back so I was back to square one. Theres just no way I can keep up.

Since I put effort into my profile, I notice people have put effort into their emails. So that makes me feel more bad. But i honestly dont know where to begin with replying to all of them.

It's terrible.

Ive put in so much effort in my profile...but Im getting too many emails each day, I just end up not reading any of them.

I feel really bad. I want to reply to everyone, and did reply to about 5 out of 100, but then they replied back so I was back to square one. Theres just no way I can keep up.

Since I put effort into my profile, I notice people have put effort into their emails. So that makes me feel more bad. But i honestly dont know where to begin with replying to all of them.

It's terrible.

Which site do you use?

^ Im on match.com, POF and okcupid....

I mainly use POF because it free and ive wasted too much money on match.com in the past with little success.

Well I lie...i did get lots of dates from match.com when I can be bothered. There was one week when I really felt like dating and i had a different date every night of the week. Got to the stage then i was having 2 dates in the one day. I kind of copped onto myself. I loved the whole 1st date buzz...that i was prob wasting alot of guys time.

I have to say people are really really nice. I could potentially date any of them. Problem is i just dont know where to begin with sorting out all the emails and replying to all of them.

One stood out of course and seems too good to be true. There has to be a catch somewhere. His photos so far have been spot on, he's not on the website that often and seems normal to chat to. Im still skeptical. If we actually did go on a date...i think it could be the best date ever. He seems too good to be true...there has to be a trap.

There doesn't have to be always a catch.

I know that POF has certain filters you can put in place, like wordcounts and so on, so that might limit the number of messages you get?

I have put in filters....really fussy filters too. such as non smoker, age, long term relationship, etc.

Before the filters I was getting 100 emails a day. Now I get about 40 emails a day. I keep logging in and seeing the emails, and who's viewed me but think...wow no way i can reply to all of them and log back out again.

Like i said, now and again i try to reply, but they reply back...so its just crazy.

If i ever get to chat to this guy again...I suppose i dont need to worry about all the above. He seems really interested, but not over doing the contact. Im really glad we have not exchanged phone numbers, that could be a disaster. I have to learn just to wait for him to contact me. Dont want to over do it. Maybe it is possible to meet someone who actually ticks all your boxes. Im so excited...have to wait til next week to hear from him.

Im still skeptical, he's quite good looking. He must have lots of girls willing to date (but then thats the response i always get from guys, and end up being single). Must not judge...im sure he is in exactly the same boat as me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

It's terrible.

I know exactly what you mean. It's terrible getting actual thoughtful mails and just not being able to reply, but you can't really feel guilty, you're only human and you've a life! No one could reply to all of them.

For the last week or so I've started just deleting ones that probably won't suit as they come in after a quick look at their profile so it doesn't get out of hand and I don't feel guilty staring at their message in my inbox. :o

• Advertisement

if you 2 where guys you would get 1 mail instead of 100;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement