Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

That's sounds like the most formal/polite yet creepy email possible. The presence of third parties line sounds like an insurance ad.

So when's the wedding? :pac:

oh hey you ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

i really wish i hadnt of deleted my tagged account because i could prove that some women are as dirty as men :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

something similar happened in my job a girl found one of the lads profile on some website so she emailed the link to everyone,i dont understand why someone has to do that:confused:

But surely that's a bit mad. I mean she was on the site herself??? So she was laughing at a guy using a site that she herself was using :confused::confused::confused: PEOPLE :pac:

But surely that's a bit mad. I mean she was on the site herself??? So she was laughing at a guy using a site that she herself was using :confused::confused::confused: PEOPLE :pac:

sorry my mistake as usual :pac: she wasnt on the site,he was using a dating site connected to msn or something and our homepage in work is msn and his face was there for her to see and spread around.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

sorry my mistake as usual :pac: she wasnt on the site,he was using a dating site connected to msn or something and our homepage in work is msn and his face was there for her to see and spread around.

actually that reminds me, word of warning on pof

im not sure if it works over here but when im in the states if you log onto pof and then go to youtube the ad on the video will almost always be an ad for pof and it will have your username in it, luckily for me no1 over there gives a **** about internet dating

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Really getting browned off with POF.

Ive had 3 messages from 3 different females over the last few days that literally consisted of
    Hey.

and the other 2 were
    How are you?.

Is it too much to expect some kind of effort?

Ask me a question,tell me something about yourself but jeez louise,throw me a frickin bone.

Ive had 3 messages from 3 different females over the last few days that literally consisted of

and the other 2 were

Ask me a question,tell me something about yourself but jeez louise,throw me a frickin bone.

at least you got messages:pac:

yeah, hate the hi how are you messages. i mean really. even if i dont know what to say I say that! and go from there. that's just annoying. not many men do that anymore luckily enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

yeah, hate the hi how are you messages. i mean really. even if i dont know what to say I say that! and go from there. that's just annoying. not many men do that anymore luckily enough.

I found most of men send a 'How are you?' first e-mail.

the worst and i hope everyone agrees are the cam fakes like some surfer looking girl with massive boobies from darndale:pac:asking you to use a website to view her cam because its safer:rolleyes: or the african or chinese woman looking to get to know you better :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭extraice

was think off joining one this site and any tips on which is the best ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

extraice wrote: »

ok cupid would be the better one IMO!

extraice wrote: »

I think it might depend on your age group.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

I've had mixed results with dating sites, I've messaged people and I've being messaged by others as well myself but generally nothing has really gone further than 3 - 4 messages and I haven't met up with people I've met on a dating site at all. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

oh no... things with herself didnt work out so well then? :(

thinking i'll just delete mine altogether actually

Good plan. No we never met up, she didn't let it get to that point.
    ah do tell ill get the ball rolling once got stood up by a girl i met online.......in portadown :eek: halfway there i get told shes working and im fooked had to wait 3 hours for a train back.

Sorry to hear that. I won't bore you with the details suffice to say I give up on women :( maybe it's time to turn to men lol just kidding!

and the other 2 were

Same thing here, most messages are "hi" or "how are you"...
    mood wrote: »
    I found most of men send a 'How are you?' first e-mail.

In my experience it is the women who do that, I never start a conversation with hey how are you unless it is in person but then again that is a different story altogether.

one step closer to deleting my account altogether. had a date. things went ok. conversation wasn't flowing too well, but i was on the verge of giving things a go... was a bit unsure. parting ways I got the feeling he was going to try kiss me so kept talking for a minute, and said he should go (the lights were red where he was going) and he goes 'should I go?' I goes yeah. waved good bye.

got a text from him when i got home, saying how rude. (I bought him a drink and he didn't get to buy me one back) 'that i should've let him buy me one back. it was clear we had no chemistry but at least let him do that so he didn't feel so bad'

:confused: i give up

• Registered Users Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

stupidusername...Hoh!...MEN!:pac::D:pac:

papagormo wrote: »
    stupidusername...Hoh!...MEN!:pac::D:pac:

huh?

we are a strange oul breed us fellas so we are!
    Was there no chemistry whatsoever or was it those pesky awkward silences? If I feel an awkward silence coming on, I tend to blather on no end!

well tbh I didn't feel the silences were that awkward. but he must've. normally i'm a complete retard socially but I thought I did quite well tonight. though maybe not. i thought we got on well enough. I mean I wasn't sure if I fancied him or not, but I thought he did me. guess not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Ah a penny for every first date I thought went great only never to get a second...
    I have 17 pennies.

Galvasean wrote: »
    Ah a penny for every first date I thought went great only never to get a second...
    I have 17 pennies.

:D heh

well i have to say that's a first for me. and it feels strange

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Have you ever actually deleted an account? I did it twice. It was quite liberating both times. In fairness, I don't know why I went back for more punishment after the first fiasco.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

There is something deeply disturbing about how OkCupid says, "Welcome home!" when you log in...

Galvasean wrote: »
    There is something deeply disturbing about how OkCupid says, "Welcome home!" when you log in...

its a bit "hotel California" alright!:D

i deleted 1 from a site that i actually liked using because of someone i hadnt met who got clingy:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭danh789

I've just started using a dating site but not having much luck so far. I've mailed a few girls but no responses. What is the best thing to write in the first message to get a girls attention and hopefully a reply?

danh789 wrote: »
    I've just started using a dating site but not having much luck so far. I've mailed a few girls but no responses. What is the best thing to write in the first message to get a girls attention and hopefully a reply?

The main reason I wouldn't reply to a guy is that he doesn't fit what I want in a boyfriend. If you read a profile and not just look at a girls picture you can easily see if there is a point contacting her or not. Make sure you fit what they want before you contact them ie age, location, smoker/non-smoker, want kids/don't want kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

mood wrote: »
    The main reason I wouldn't reply to a guy is that he doesn't fit what I want in a boyfriend. If you read a profile and not just look at a girls picture you can easily see if there is a point contacting her or not. Make sure you fit what they want before you contact them ie age, location, smoker/non-smoker, want kids/don't want kids.

There are more than just guys who ignore what a girl has on her profile being ignored. Sometimes you see people with profiles which basically describe you and your interests and you still might be ignored for all sorts of reasons ranging from they don't find you attractive to they were tired when reading your email to they got 100 emails and yours was lost in the crowd.

I know you say it is the main reason, not the only reason you ignore mails, but you are ignoring the experiences of a lot of people on dating sites. It is wrong to say it is just men who send poor, inappropriate or ill-judged emails getting ignored.

• Advertisement

There are more than just guys who ignore what a girl has on her profile being ignored. Sometimes you see people with profiles which basically describe you and your interests and you still might be ignored for all sorts of reasons ranging from they don't find you attractive to they were tired when reading your email to they got 100 emails and yours was lost in the crowd.

I know you say it is the main reason, not the only reason you ignore mails, but you are ignoring the experiences of a lot of people on dating sites. It is wrong to say it is just men who send poor, inappropriate or ill-judged emails getting ignored.

I know there are more than just guys who ignore what a girl has on her profile but like I said it is the main reason I ignore e-mails.

I am not ignoring the experiences of a lot of people on dating sites I am simply trying to give advice based what I have experienced.

And I never said it is just men who send poor, inappropriate or ill-judged emails getting ignored. Obviously someone could be ignored for a variety of reasons.

Note: I am speaking for myself and from my own experience. I don't claim to speak for the entire female population.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement