Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biggest Sh!thole in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

There are no ****holes in Ireland. Every square inch of land is heaven on earth and we are all perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Millstreet in cork is one of the most depressing ****holes that has ever existed the celtic tiger roared right pass that place while flinging **** at it.

Tipp town not far behind in the ****ness stakes.

Dont get me started on Dublin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Ah Coolock, most notably Darndale (the dales). Its like the wild west, just dont look at anyone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭RainbowRose81

Dublin. If i was a foreigner i wouldn't ever come to dublin to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    I voted Tralee by accident ;)

No you did the right thing

• Advertisement

Dublin. If i was a foreigner i wouldn't ever come to dublin to work.

Is it better than working in borris in ossory

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Why do people keep making these threads?
    They're sad! End of.

orourkeda wrote: »
    Is it better than working in borris in ossory

Well i know dublin is alot better than living in a comunist place or a place where people are in war, poverty and don't have human rights. I meant if i was a foreigner coming from a developed country i wouldn't come to dublin.

Whoever put Galway on that list doesn't know how to use their head. Galway is the best place in Ireland and then Donegal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

^^Sheepy99, Its because you live in a field isn't it?

Well i know dublin is alot better than living in a comunist place or a place where people are in war, poverty and don't have human rights. I meant if i was a foreigner coming from a developed country i wouldn't come to dublin.

Whoever put Galway on that list doesn't know how to use their head. Galway is the best place in Ireland and then Donegal.

What makes Galway the best place in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

Castlebar is a bit sort of deadish isn't it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

In a field north of the liffey,very far north of the Liffey.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Tallaght Saint

Tallaght isn't that bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 rooney111

ireland dont feel like ireland anymore,i miss home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Tralee, I'll never go back there unless I absolutely have to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭The Express

In no particular order:

Granard, Co. Longford
    Mountrath, Co Laois
    Ahascragh, Co Galway

Dreary, depressing, featureless, backward-looking holes the lot of 'em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 rooney111

Tralee, I'll never go back there unless I absolutely have to.
    tralee gone to f**k, killarney thats your spot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Tallaght really doesn't seem that bad, dunno why it gets such a hard time.
    Yeah I never heard bad stuff about it til Boards. It's a big place.

orourkeda wrote: »
    What makes Galway the best place in Ireland?

Galway is the best place from my experiences of the galway. Galway people in general are intelligent, cultured, honest, friendly, sincere, non judgmental and not discriminating and easy going. I know i shouldn't generalise because people are people anyways im just on average from my experiences. There is a good relaxing atmosphere and alot of arts and culture festivals. The scenery is very nice and a good few nice beaches and good for surfing too. There is alot of nice pubs that are friendily. There is also good shops, good customer service and there is alot of nice relaxing coffee shops, restaurants, alot of nice places outside to sit down to rest while your out shopping. The galway accent is nice too but that is not important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

zuroph wrote: »
    tipp town make my blood boil just driving through it.

It made me duck under the seat with my valuables.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Millstreet in cork is one of the most depressing ****holes that has ever existed the celtic tiger roared right pass that place while flinging **** at it.
    I actually think Millstreet is quite pretty.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,457 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Ballybrack on Dublin's southside is a surprisingly kippish and nasty dump.

Maybe not biggest sh!thole in Ireland per se but it is top 3 for surprisingly awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Il Trap

Coleraine is a total kip. (Also, any place that spawned such a serious muppet as James Nesbitt deserves the title of Ireland's biggest sh!thole!)

After that:
    Tallaght
    Drogheda (absolute dive! A horrible place even to drive through)
    Newry
    Longford
    Kingscourt :eek: Never again. Traveller ridden sh!thole!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Bundoran and Strabane up this way.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Tilt Gone

bertie4evr wrote: »
    Athy

Yep Athy all the way. Lived there for many a year and have to say it's an absolute ****hole!!

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

After all that better go and say some prayers for Ireland before retiring.Back from travels and do agree that the number of scummy types of sneer and snot has increased alarmingly throughout this inglorious land.No hope of being saved by public reps. for at a local and national level they too, are ,in their own style, scummy ****bags. This is one great Godforsaken Boghole of a state!

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Alias G

humberklog wrote: »
    Ballybrack on Dublin's southside is a surprisingly kippish and nasty dump.

Maybe not biggest sh!thole in Ireland per se but it is top 3 for surprisingly awful.

How were you surprised to find that "the brack" wasn't one of the nicer areas in south dublin? :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Galway is the best place from my experiences of the galway. Galway people in general are intelligent, cultured, honest, friendly, sincere, non judgmental and not discriminating and easy going. I know i shouldn't generalise because people are people anyways im just on average from my experiences. There is a good relaxing atmosphere and alot of arts and culture festivals. The scenery is very nice and a good few nice beaches and good for surfing too. There is alot of nice pubs that are friendily. There is also good shops, good customer service and there is alot of nice relaxing coffee shops, restaurants, alot of nice places outside to sit down to rest while your out shopping. The galway accent is nice too but that is not important.

It may be a good place, but all it does is rain there and once you go out of there, theirs absolutely nothing because its in the middle of nowhere and its so depressing thats why i gave it my vote, if donegal was there i'd give it my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Tuesday_Girl

Raiser wrote: »
    Limerick City is a soulless, grey, dank, depressing and dangerous Drain.

I'm with you on that one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

owenc wrote: »
    It may be a good place, but all it does is rain there and once you go out of there, theirs absolutely nothing because its in the middle of nowhere and its so depressing thats why i gave it my vote, if donegal was there i'd give it my vote.

Looks at location, Coleraine! :p
    Only been through it a few times and anybody who knows it, never seems to have a good word about it.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Advertisement