Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biggest Sh!thole in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Max Power1 wrote: »
    +1

Surely any of those three kips are deserving of the title of "biggest shithole in ireland"

Id vote for ballymun myself

I've lived in Finglas all my life. I'll agree Ballymun could be the poster town for social decay (doesn't look as bad these days with the flats going) but if we're talking about most dangerous to walk through i'd say:
    Finglas South (by a mile, ask anyone from near it)
    Some parts of Coolock
    Ballymun (avoid the flats at night and you should be okay though)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ElaElaElano

Can't believe whoever said Donegal, it's one the most beautiful places I've ever been. Would go back in a heartbeat.

I'd go with Darndale, not the nicest place in the world to put it mildly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

I'd say all 32 counties of Ireland have a sh!te town somewhere within there borders.

Derrys a great city IMO. Was in Colraine once or twice, seemed like a bit of a sh!thole.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Dublin city or Athlone town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Tallaght really doesn't seem that bad, dunno why it gets such a hard time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Kasabian wrote: »
    A well known fact by anyone with the intelligence to not have their opinion rammed down their throats by gutter journalism , Limerick is one of the nicest , most vibrant , modern cities in this country of ours.

Yes it has it's problem areas like all other centres of populace .

For me I would vote Sligo , a town masquerading as a city with a population who have the mentality of a one clan village.

Another is Shannon , fcuk all in that town , best avoided unless heading to the Airport.

Limerick City is a soulless, grey, dank, depressing and dangerous Drain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

Having visited Tramore yesterday, well maybe I visited some no-go area in Ireland. The amount of loud-mouthed people in tracksuits with young kids and fags in their mouths spending all the social welfare money on gold chains and slot machines..........:( Average age of a Granny = 26:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

Limerick is a bright, modern, easy-going relaxed city where the people are genuine and the women are beautiful!!

Plus I'd say the OP is from Cork as he has left it out, there's some ****eholes in that town.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Dundalk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Limerick... she's a lady.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭dapto1

What's Galway doing on that list?

Voted Tralee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

Voted Longford,only from experience plus I haven't been to the other places enough to judge or was younger when I was there.
    Why is Cavan on the list? It's not all bad!
    Every county has a scummer town anyway and I'm unfortunately living in the Leitrim one.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Sulmac

Strabane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Dr. No

Bray - what a kip. Also Dundalk and Drogheda.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,019 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

kfallon wrote: »
    My arse, it's a hole and the amount of sheeeeite that came out of it this morn was unreal, I haven't even eaten any sweetcorn lately but there it was smiling back up at me!!!

If you're trying to become the sh1t obsessive king of boards.ie, you might as well give up, because there's already one too many.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭lily09

Really wouldnt put Galway there.
    Totally agree with the other poster who said Tramore dive in the summer but a lovely beach in the winter. (The Vincent de Paul rent loads of houses there in the Summer)
    Would put New Ross and west Limerick up there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Must say them PR agents we be paying for in Cork are doing a grand job
    hahaa yes, quite surprised no one mentioned it. still, the atmosphere isn't bad.
    Unlike MOUNTMELLICK. now THAT is a **** place!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Raiser wrote: »
    Limerick City is a soulless, grey, dank, depressing and dangerous Drain.

Which part are you in ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Sulmac wrote: »
    Strabane.

Aye most certainly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Sligo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

erase all interbred, just look at Kosovo in the nineties.

Get all drug dealing, dutch gold drinking, knife carrying, think-they-are-the-greatest scum and at dawn bring them all to the top of the hill and put a cap in their fried brains. Don't rape the aul dols, we don't want even more babies.

Besides, they are all pregnant already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ElaElaElano

Dr. No wrote: »
    Bray - what a kip. Also Dundalk and Drogheda.

Funny thing about Bray is it has the potential to be one of the most idyllic places in the Country, no I'm not joking. Lovely seafront, mountains, 20 minutes from Glendalough in one direction and 20 minutes into the city centre the other way.

For some reason though, it's a sterile fúcking wasteland of two euro shops and chippers. Real shame, the potential really is there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

CLONMEL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

How could I pick just one?
    Limerick is without a doubt over-run with people who know every entitlement and trick in the book, but no social conscience or morals or ability to rear children - in short, scummy sponging wasters. I'm just back from Dunnes on Childers Road , it's a new low every time you go.

But some of these places make Limerick look good - Clonmel, tullaghmore, rathkeale, Tipp town (most depressing place ever), Tralee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

There was a big thread on this a while back. Think Rathkeale and Carrick on Suir got the most mentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

Ballinrobe is even worse.

No, no it's not!

Any town in Galway thats not in Connemara or the city seems to be a depressing kip.

Loughrea, Ballinasloe, Gort, Portumna, Athenry, Tuam, Headford....bomb the lot of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

Would have said Kilcullen, Newbridge and Naas but the Gards seem to be out more now.

3 above are still kips of places tho.

Voted Tallaght as no one can beat it. haha.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Tipperary town
    Longford town
    Limerick
    Tuam
    Athy
    Dundalk
    Bray

that is all...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

tipp town make my blood boil just driving through it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I voted Tralee by accident ;)

Advertisement