Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biggest Sh!thole in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

No Offaly option?

F*ck, there should be three or four different options from Offaly in that poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

Carrick on suir, Co.tipp
    Youghal, Co.Cork
    Ballybeg, Waterford City
    Macroom, Co.Cork
    Tralee, Co.Kerry
    Croom, Co.Limerick
    Enniscorthy, Co.Limerick
    Finglas, Dublin
    Arklow, Co.Wiclow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Clonmel should be in the challenge for the glorious top spot, c'mon da mel.

the murder rate alone should have clonmel and limerick battling it out for 1st place..

Ranting aside, is Tralee really that bad? I visited it a few years back and it seemed nice enough.[/QUOTE]

Yes it really is that bad. I live in Dublin now but was at home for the first time in two months last weekend. I was walking down to friend’s house at about four in the afternoon when this guy smacked out of his mind staggered up to me, Xbox under his arm asking me did I want to buy it. He was obviously after robbing it from some poor unfortunate’s house down the road.

This is not an isolated incident either, the people I know who still live there tell me that this sort of thing happens every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

Bray - full of crap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Just been to Limerick and must say many areas throughout the country are just as depressing in a visual sense.But, the general mood,that I sensed is deeply downbeat

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Horse_box

Can't believe how many people voted for Tallaght! There are a few dodgey parts top it but it's definitely not as bad as other parts of the country, not by a long way

I reckon people are voting for it without having been in the place

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Coming from Tralee, I can safely say Tralee. Lived in north side dublin, limerick, cork and now germany and its the biggest hole iv ever been to!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Tallaght has a population of 80,000 you can't tar it all with the same brush. Kingswood, Firhouse, Tallaght village, Belgard Road and Aylesbury (East Tallaght) are all lovely, settled residential areas. Fettercairn, Kilnamanagh, Killinarden and Jobstown (all West Tallaght except Kilnamanagh) are fairly rough, sriously deprieved areas.

since when is kilnamanagh a deprived area?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Wheres the option for finglas, coolock or ballymun? oh okay its in Ireland but still

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Wolf Club

I can't understand how Galway City is there but some of the nearby towns (Tuam, Ballinrobe, Ballinasloe, Loughrea, etc.) aren't?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭SquirrelFace

I was in tallaght (the square) today actually! (don't ask..) Quote of the day;
    Guy to his kid in a shop"You're a right little bollix you are!"
    Kid replies immediately "And you're a big one!!"
    I had to laugh :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Ranting aside, is Tralee really that bad? I visited it a few years back and it seemed nice enough.

Yes it really is that bad. I live in Dublin now but was at home for the first time in two months last weekend. I was walking down to friend’s house at about four in the afternoon when this guy smacked out of his mind staggered up to me, Xbox under his arm asking me did I want to buy it. He was obviously after robbing it from some poor unfortunate’s house down the road.

This is not an isolated incident either, the people I know who still live there tell me that this sort of thing happens every week.[/QUOTE]

Yes, the riff raff in Kerry are kept out of Killarney (with respect to the sh*thole that is Ballyspillane) and dumped into Tralee. Add to it the remote location of Tralee and its chronic underemployment and it is just not a nice place. Manor West killed the town centre and it is a horrid place really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

Ranting aside, is Tralee really that bad? I visited it a few years back and it seemed nice enough.

Stinicker wrote: »

This is not an isolated incident either, the people I know who still live there tell me that this sort of thing happens every week.

Wow. I live in tralee and find it ok. never heard of something as bad as that.

but yeah you can imagine it happening in some places in town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭baltimore sun

errr...what about cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Courtown should be on the list.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

robbie1977 wrote: »
    Courtown should be on the list.

that might as well be Dublin at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Patricide wrote: »
    Coming from Tralee, I can safely say Tralee. Lived in north side dublin, limerick, cork and now germany and its the biggest hole iv ever been to!

Barry?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Barry?
    Yup...who be this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

wexford town is pretty bleak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

Can anyone name a place that would be really nice to live in. in ireland.

I'm still suprised at the number of people that said Tralee. which I quiet like, but is obviously a hole. my standards must be ridiculously low.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Have all the people who voted Tallaght been there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Ush1 wrote: »
    Have all the people who voted Tallaght been there?

I'd say a lot haven't. It seems to be the default answer for being a dump but I've stayed there a couple of times and thought it fine. The luas alone makes it a handy spot

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I'd say a lot haven't. It seems to be the default answer for being a dump but I've stayed there a couple of times and thought it fine. The luas alone makes it a handy spot

Lived here all my life and think it has its rep a bit unfairly. Most people don't realise how big it is anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seanaor

Ballyhaunis, anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,678 ✭✭✭flutered

the dail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Poppintree?

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

Being back in Tralee for a few weeks this summer, It has to be up there, the utter scum round that town is insane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Ballymagash.

How come your oul one isnt on the list.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

kilcross up by sandyford is a shithole

Advertisement