Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biggest Sh!thole in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

All 32 counties of Ireland are like a seaside town.

Apart from the 13 counties without any coastline.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,161 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I wonder if many of ye have actually been to any of these places or are you just listening to the media?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

I wonder if many of ye have actually been to any of these places or are you just listening to the media?

I've been to all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Wtf is galway city doing on that list?! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Wtf is galway city doing on that list?! :mad:

I dino but people voted for it, so it's obviously hated by some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Must say them PR agents we be paying for in Cork are doing a grand job

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Why is Galway city on this list???

Someone have a bad week at the races or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Ohhhh .... touch a little nerve did I.

I dont know what you're doing in here with your high horse. The thread is a bit of craic , you head off back to your serious stuff and leave us morons to having fun by heaven forbid slagging somewhere :eek:

PS I was born in one of the places on the Poll, get out of your bedroom for once and lighten up

That's a strong retart, in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭30H!3

The majority of Blanchardstown is actually really nice and definitely not a kip (Coolmine/Roselawn/Blanchardstown Village/Clonsilla/Ongar/etc)
    the same can't be said for areas like Finglas/Ballymun. There are a small few areas like Whitestown and Sheepmoor that give the whole of Blanchardstown a bad name but anyway it is much too large a suburb to be classed as anything either way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Dundalk

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

I was speaking metaphorically not literally ya silly sausage.

How long did it take you to google that little fact?:D I had no idea that of the 32 countries of Ireland, 13 are land-locked. Interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

owenc wrote: »
    I dino but people voted for it,

Raptor or T-Rex?

Just wondering does that include fermanagh,tyrone and all that? Because if it does they are not landlocked as tyrone has lough neagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Another thread bout how ****e Ireland is yay.......

It wont be complete till you s all start giving out about junkies and scumbag teenagers :)

Good auld after hours and its ever growing selection of topics!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Another thread bout how ****e Ireland is yay not like we had one of these in a while.......

It wont be complete till you s all start giving out about junkies and scumbag teenagers :)

Good auld after hours and its ever growing selection of topics!!

Ahhh, grow a set, Exit is thata way Angerfist >>>>>>>>>>

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

MidlandsM wrote: »
    Ahhh, grow a set, Exit is thata way Angerfist >>>>>>>>>>

Haha ah chill there with your exit im just doing what everyone else does and sharing my views if you dont like it sure your exit is that way >>>>>>>> :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

STOP THE IRELAND BASHING!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

But it's only getting a bashing in places

PS Stop shouting

Haha ah chill there with your exit im just doing what everyone else does and sharing my views if you dont like it sure your exit is that way >>>>>>>> :)

lol......I'm so chilled i'm horizontal on a hammock here near the exit!

Back on Topic -

Bundoran, Bray, Limerick, Portlaoise, Tullamore, Newbridge, Tralee, Carrick on Suir, Drogheda - all sh*teholes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

The whole place tbh. 4 weeks then I am off this stinking rock.

pithater1 wrote: »

Bon Voyage........can I come?:D

pithater1 wrote: »

Lucky you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

In all fairness we do have some awfull kips in this country. Its fact, nothing to do with bashing the country. Every square inch of dublin city for instance, Its like a rotten scumy puss filled sore. I nearly puked at the sight of the pale sick looking scar faced junkies on o'connell st when i had the misfortune of being up there for iron maiden recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

sentient_6 wrote: »
    I nearly puked at the sight of the pale sick looking scar faced junkies on o'connell st when i had the misfortune of being up there for iron maiden recently.

Nah thats just the Northside :D:D:D

>>>>> runs for cover

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Sulmac

Just wondering does that include fermanagh,tyrone and all that? Because if it does they are not landlocked as tyrone has lough neagh.

Yes they are. "Landlocked" means no coastline onto the sea. Lakes don't count.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Swords, but I'm biased 'cause I live here.
    It's a hole unto itself. Like The Quiet Man meets The Children of The Corn by way of twice monthly Wickerman-type ceromonies in the local park subbing a wheaten effegy for a Nissan Micra.
    One of my neighbours got the Deliverence treatment in an assault just down the road from my house not even 24 hours ago.
    The neighbourhood watch squad of which I'm a honorary member of rubbernecked it like Daniel O' Donnel came to town when an ambulence, a squad car and a fecking fire truck of all things came whizzing down the road.

Ahhhh.

Small towns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I was speaking metaphorically not literally ya silly sausage.

I know... just takin' the mick!
    How long did it take you to google that little fact?:D I had no idea that of the 32 countries of Ireland, 13 are land-locked. Interesting.

I never said anything about landlocked counties. I did however say that there are 13 counties without a coastline. The counties with coastlines in Ireland are: Donegal, Derry, Antrim, Down, Louth, Meath, Dublin, Wicklow, Wexford, Waterford, Cork, Kerry, Clare, Galway, Mayo, Sligo and Leitrim.

You could argue that Limerick doesn't have a coastline, but much of the north of county Limerick is on the Shannon estuary, which leads into the Atlantic Ocean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

I grew up and lived in balbriggan my whole life, The town used to be lovely. Then around 1995 Balbriggan got picked for social housing, So we have all walks of life now...There is one area myself and my friends call it "The Hood" The whole area around where Dunnes Stores is.

This area in my opinion (and many others i know...many!) is a dump, There used to be lovely fields there, now millions of poorly buily houses and apartments. For "multi cultural balbriggan" and social housing....god how i'd love a helicopter and some napalm :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,347 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

any poll with galway on a list of biggest ****holes in ireland is null and void imo

where is glenamaddy, ballyhaunis, dunmore, parts of athlone, finglas

Advertisement