Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Megathread-Ask your questions here-See post 1 on how to search thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

Next question :

I bought a soft strap for my 305 about 6 weeks ago. Its working out really well, and it's much more comfortable. The problem is that the strap has come off 3 times. It seems to be when it catches on something. I have been able to get it back on, but 3 times in 6 weeks does not bode well for the future and the risk is that it catches on something and comes off when out on a run, far from home and the bar disappears or the watch flies off and gets damaged.

I am thinking of the heavy handed solution of a blob of superglue. Any other ideas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

huskerdu wrote: »
    Next question :

I bought a soft strap for my 305 about 6 weeks ago. Its working out really well, and it's much more comfortable. The problem is that the strap has come off 3 times. It seems to be when it catches on something. I have been able to get it back on, but 3 times in 6 weeks does not bode well for the future and the risk is that it catches on something and comes off when out on a run, far from home and the bar disappears or the watch flies off and gets damaged.

I am thinking of the heavy handed solution of a blob of superglue. Any other ideas ?

I had this strap on my 305 for almost a year and I never had this problem. There must be a problem with one of your bars. spring bad or something. Did you ring garmin as the strap should be still in warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,504 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

rom wrote: »
    I had this strap on my 305 for almost a year and I never had this problem. There must be a problem with one of your bars. spring bad or something. Did you ring garmin as the strap should be still in warranty.
    Did you use the existing bars or did you get new bars with the new strap? The new bars may be of different length.

Did you use the existing bars or did you get new bars with the new strap? The new bars may be of different length.

They are exactly the same but springs can go in them. You might be able to get one in a normal watch shop that fits.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭happygoose

Is Handtec the cheapest place to buy a 110 without HRM - £98 + P&P?

• Advertisement

happygoose wrote: »
    Is Handtec the cheapest place to buy a 110 without HRM - £98 + P&P?
    Here's a handy price comparison site: here. Looks like your Handtec price is decent enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Any one able to access connect.garmin.com at the mo?

I have not been able to access it today, wondering if its just me!

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Any one able to access connect.garmin.com at the mo?

I have not been able to access it today, wondering if its just me!
    Site loads, can't login.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

From their Facebook page:

Hi everyone - sorry about this, but Garmin Connect is currently down due to server issues. Your data is safe, and we're working quickly to resolve the problems. We'll keep you posted here and on Twitter, and we apologize for any inconvenience.

Your data is safe
    Does that mean we were hacked ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭lway

So I bit the bullet and bought a 210 on ebay. It was a reconditioned unit (it came in the white box) and I set up Garmin Connect on the laptop (set up account, d'loaded and installed the s/w that lets you upload activities)

When I went to register the watch (put in the Serila Number from the back of the watch) it said the watch was already registered (probably by the previous owner) Will this cause any issues in the future ? Will I still be able to download s/w updates etc to the watch?

Thanks.

lway wrote: »
    So I bit the bullet and bought a 210 on ebay. It was a reconditioned unit (it came in the white box) and I set up Garmin Connect on the laptop (set up account, d'loaded and installed the s/w that lets you upload activities)

When I went to register the watch (put in the Serila Number from the back of the watch) it said the watch was already registered (probably by the previous owner) Will this cause any issues in the future ? Will I still be able to download s/w updates etc to the watch?

Thanks.
    nah you should be fine. This is just in relation to the warranty.

lway wrote: »
    Were you able to register it and link it to you Garmin Connect account?

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭lway

Were you able to register it and link it to you Garmin Connect account?

Thanks guys. Will log an activity tonight and try uploading it to the site afterwards.

Update: Was able to upload my Activity to Garmin Connect, as well as two other activities which must have been on the watch from the previous user (only two months old).

Noticed some condensation in the watch after 2 miles but it was gone a half mile later when I checked again, saw a tiny bit of condensation in the watch near the end of my run too but it disappeared quickly. I wonder if this was why it was used and returned previously?

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Domer

Over the last few runs, I notice that when I upload my data, it says that I had stopped every half mile, which is the interval I have set for auto lap time. I did not stop at these points. Has anyone seen this before? Is it a watch problem, or a garmin connect problem? Below is a link to my run yesterday.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/187591858

• Registered Users Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭plodder

Domer wrote: »
    Over the last few runs, I notice that when I upload my data, it says that I had stopped every half mile, which is the interval I have set for auto lap time. I did not stop at these points. Has anyone seen this before? Is it a watch problem, or a garmin connect problem? Below is a link to my run yesterday.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/187591858
    actually it's showing you at infinite speed (0:00 min/mile pace). I use one mile auto-laps on my runs. So, I checked out my long run yesterday, and I see the same glitches for the first two laps, but not afterwards. My guess is it's a fault on the website rather than the watch. [edit] I'm seeing exactly the same on earlier runs last week. Very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭boost creep

hello to all, i recently was given an Edge 305 for free by a good friend of mine, i think i am the third owner, he may have bought it on donedeal, so anyway there is of course a problem... when the unit is mounted on the bike it inevitably switches itself off at some point during my cycle, this may be just after starting out or at any time it feels like it which is extremely annoying!
    so there's no option but to send it to Garmin for repair, just looking at the unit it is obvious that it's at least 4 years old, how do Garmin handle such repairs, would they do it for free or are they likely to charge for this?

hello to all, i recently was given an Edge 305 for free by a good friend of mine, i think i am the third owner, he may have bought it on donedeal, so anyway there is of course a problem... when the unit is mounted on the bike it inevitably switches itself off at some point during my cycle, this may be just after starting out or at any time it feels like it which is extremely annoying!
    so there's no option but to send it to Garmin for repair, just looking at the unit it is obvious that it's at least 4 years old, how do Garmin handle such repairs, would they do it for free or are they likely to charge for this?
    They will charge for it, and give you a refurbished unit. It's typically a fixed price, so if you contact support, they'll let you know how much it will cost to get the unit replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭boost creep

sound Krusty, seeing as i got the unit for free i can afford to spend 'a few bob' on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

They will charge for it, and give you a refurbished unit. It's typically a fixed price, so if you contact support, they'll let you know how much it will cost to get the unit replaced.

Last time I enquired off Garmin Ireland (6 months ago) it was a set fee of €120. There are no spare parts in Garmin Ireland, everything is now routed back to the UK.

• Advertisement

Last time I enquired off Garmin Ireland (6 months ago) it was a set fee of €120. There are no spare parts in Garmin Ireland, everything is now routed back to the UK.
    Different Garmin units have different prices. I thought it was always done from the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Insane1

Hi guys, my 310xt has in the past few weeks started to power itself off during runs but when I plug it in, it says I still have 50% battery left? It just beeps telling me i have a low battery and then switches off a few seconds later. It won't come back on again until I plug it back into the socket... Has this happened to anyone else? Hugely annoying, especially on 4 or 5 hour runs for this to happen!

Insane1 wrote: »
    Hi guys, my 310xt has in the past few weeks started to power itself off during runs but when I plug it in, it says I still have 50% battery left? It just beeps telling me i have a low battery and then switches off a few seconds later. It won't come back on again until I plug it back into the socket... Has this happened to anyone else? Hugely annoying, especially on 4 or 5 hour runs for this to happen!

Are you using every second or smart recording ?

Are you using every second or smart recording ?

Hi rom, I have no idea! How do I check that? Would that setting make the 310xt power off with low battery even thought there is 50% left when I plug it in? Thanks for your help.

Insane1 wrote: »
    Hi rom, I have no idea! How do I check that? Would that setting make the 310xt power off with low battery even thought there is 50% left when I plug it in? Thanks for your help.
    Only Smart Recording is on the 310xt never mind.

Only Smart Recording is on the 310xt never mind.
    I believe that after a system update, you can select either smart or per-second recording on the 310xt.

Insane1: Have you done a hard reset? if not, it's worth a try (be preapred to lose all existing data on the watch). If that doesn't work and it's still under warranty, I'd be dropping a mail off to the Garmin support team.

I believe that after a system update, you can select either smart or per-second recording on the 310xt.

Insane1: Have you done a hard reset? if not, it's worth a try (be preapred to lose all existing data on the watch). If that doesn't work and it's still under warranty, I'd be dropping a mail off to the Garmin support team.
    Hope they add breadcrumb trail tracking to my 610 so I don't get lost in the woods over the summer.

Changes made on version 3.70:

• Added an every second recording option. The user no longer has to be paired with a power meter in order to get once per second recording. Go to Settings>System>Data Recording to enable.

Thanks Krusty, Just did a hard reset now. Will let you know if it has done the trick!

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭jmcc99_98

Great Thanks

• Advertisement

jmcc99_98 wrote: »
    Great Thanks
    You're welcome. I think. :confused:

Advertisement