Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Megathread-Ask your questions here-See post 1 on how to search thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

Cant get any good of it at all.Wipe it away. Ill tot the 2 of them up and do it manually.Cheers for all the help anyway,im sure its something im doing wrong:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

So how this is done is very simple if you want to do it by hand.

In the gpx file you have entries like

<trkpt lon="-7.227574037387967" lat="52.536045759916306">
    <ele>45.20000076293945</ele>
    <time>2012-07-03T18:17:53.000Z</time>
    </trkpt>

each one of these is longitude and latitude , elevation and a timestamp.
    you just have to copy all these pairs that are between <trkseg> and </trkseg> from the latter GPX file and paste them just before </trkseg> in the earlier document. You must use something like notepad for this as it has to be raw text without formatting and something like word won't work. Save, ensure its called .gpx and upload.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Might not be one for here but does anyone know if theres any way of editing swim activities which dont capture drills and kick sets and instead classify them as "rests". If i go to Full edit and change the overall distance it completely kicks out the average pace as it then seems to sum all time against distance instead of that just swam (without rests).

Heres a sample, the kick set it the third rest (03:13) - http://connect.garmin.com/activity/195770590

• Registered Users Posts: 19,511 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Bambaata wrote: »
    Might not be one for here but does anyone know if theres any way of editing swim activities which dont capture drills and kick sets and instead classify them as "rests". If i go to Full edit and change the overall distance it completely kicks out the average pace as it then seems to sum all time against distance instead of that just swam (without rests).

Heres a sample, the kick set it the third rest (03:13) - http://connect.garmin.com/activity/195770590
    I think you'd get a better response here: Garmin 910xt forum

Its me again.Got sorted after yesterday.Now i have another prob. Went to upload yesterdays run to GC,located the device,clicked on upload all new activities,error msg pops up." Type error.Garmin.Measurement is not a constructor" Ideas?

• Advertisement

Its me again.Got sorted after yesterday.Now i have another prob. Went to upload yesterdays run to GC,located the device,clicked on upload all new activities,error msg pops up." Type error.Garmin.Measurement is not a constructor" Ideas?
    Does the ANT Agent not automatically upload your activities to Garmin Connect? You shouldn't have to manually select [Upload] from Garmin Connect and specify devices etc.
    Sounds to me like a problem with Garmin Connect rather than your upload process, but... What browser are you using? Want to try a different one?

Does the ANT Agent not automatically upload your activities to Garmin Connect? You shouldn't have to manually select [Upload] from Garmin Connect and specify devices etc.
    Sounds to me like a problem with Garmin Connect rather than your upload process, but... What browser are you using? Want to try a different one?
    When i plug in Garmin,TC automatically uploads activities,GC never did.I hit upload ,it detects device,i hit "upload all new activities". I use Mozilla Firefox for GC,worked fine till now.

When i plug in Garmin,TC automatically uploads activities,GC never did.I hit upload ,it detects device,i hit "upload all new activities". I use Mozilla Firefox for GC,worked fine till now.
    Two things that could be causing that:
    1) You don't have the ANT Agent configured to [Send data to Garmin Connect]. Right click the Ant Agent, select [Device Settings] and make sure that option is enabled.
    2) Your authentication to Garmin Connect failed in some way. You could delete your device profile from the Agent and re-'pair' the device and make sure the authentication goes ok.

As for the other problem, not a clue.
    1) Try a different browser
    2) Try a manual upload
    3) Export the activity from TC and try and import it into GC
    4) Hope that it's a GC problem, and try again later.

Isnt ANT Agent for wireless?

Isnt ANT Agent for wireless?
    Ehh.. Yeah.. What kind of watch do you have again? :o

• Advertisement

305:D

305:D
    The list of potential solutions is still the same:
    1) Try a different browser
    2) Try a manual upload
    3) Export the activity from TC and try and import it into GC
    4) Hope that it's a GC problem, and try again later.

Cheers for all the advice,much appreciated. Doubt its a browser issue as its been fine up till now.
    Ive successfully imported it from TC so at least my data is saved.
    Ive also posted the prob up on the Garmin forum,so will be interesting to see what feedback I get from there.
    Also,ill keep trying it on GC and as you've said,hope its a GC problem.
    Again,cheers for your help.
    Tried manual upload,same error

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭potsy11

Hi all

I have the new 910xt...Lucky me...and I have a problem with the elevation gain (EG) on the watch / garmin connect.

Ive just realised that the data for several different routes that I do frequently are completely different. Route 1 is a 5 miler on a path (pretty flat) and route 2 is up howth hill (pretty Hilly)

Route 1 - 22ft EG, 253ft EG
    Route 2 - 1458ft EG, 548ft EG

Does anyone have an suggestions as to how to correct this or is there a setting i am not using or something?

On all data pages on garmin connect I have the Elevation corrector 'Enabled'.

Thanks for any assistance in advance.

Hi Potsy, if you can post a link to the activities it would help. But...
    The 910xt has a built in digital altimeter. It sucks. A lot....
    Supposedly, you can help improve its accuracy by saving a location at one of your frequently used starting points and manually edit the altitude, but I have found that it still sucks. Also, after a predefined amount of time if the altitude results are erratic, it will give up, and switch back to altitude calculations based on GPS triangulation (in four dimensions!).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Getting some mad max speed readings all of a sudden from my Garmin 305.

Last 2 cycles have had a crazy max speed. And no I am not capable of hitting 6000km per hour as the below splits show. :pac:

http://connect.garmin.com/splits/201230903

I have a 305 with a cadence senor set up too, both on the crank and rear wheel.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Name Changed

Question re my Garmin 305.

I upload directly onto Garmin Connect. I uploaded a few runs the other day and everything was perfect.

I just uploaded 4 more there. The last 4 has my top speed at a 3 second mile? Obviously, this is absolutely ridiculous. Anyone have any ideas what's wrong and how to fix it?

I'm going to delete the 4 runs and upload them again.

Still has me doing 3 second miles at top speed. The rest of it seems to be working ok.

Still has me doing 3 second miles at top speed. The rest of it seems to be working ok.
    Give us an example. Also, check out this thread.

Give us an example. Also, check out this thread.

Yeah, was looking everywhere for the answer but I can't find it. I'm not sure if this will work but here is the link to a run the other day.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/201563030

My best pace, as in the other 3 runs I just uploaded, says Best Pace: :03 min/mi.

It doesn't really effect me much once the essential details are correct, i.e. time & distance. But still... It would be nice to fix.

• Advertisement

The thread I linked to suggests that it's a Garmin Connect problem. One way to verify this is to check out your fastest pace for the activity in Garmin Training Centre. If it looks normal, then it is indeed a Garmin Connect problem, beyond your control, and you'll just have to wait until Garmin fix it.

If it really bothers you, you can edit your Best Pace, by Clicking on [Full Edit] and put in any time you like.

It doesn't really bother me to be honest. I don't have Garmin training centre anyway. It messed up when I changed laptop and tried to transfer files. I just use Garmin Connect.

I'll keep the runs on my watch for a while and hopefully it will be fixed when I try to upload them next time.

Cheers.

Just uploaded a run this morning. Has best pace at .03 min/mile also. Looks like a GC prob so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Looks like a Garmin Connect problem, loads of thread on it merged over on their own forums.

We will just have to wait for a fix on their end.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Before I go and bother the good folks over in cycling figured I should check with krusty_the_garmin first.

Edge 800 is not connecting to a Win 7 machine.

Installed the USB drivers from Garmin. Plugged in whilst turned on. Plugged in whilst turned off. Plugged in whilst turned off and holding the reset button for 10 seconds, or 30 seconds as another theory suggested. Reset the timer from the last activity. Started and stopped a new activity and then reset the timer again.

...and repeated all of the above several times. It's not being recognised as a device and not going into mass storage mode whatever I do.

So, any ideas Mr Clown?

Sorry Robin. Don't really have much of a clue. I'd suggest upgrading the firmware, but you probably have no means to do that. Were the Garmin forums of any use?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The Garmin forums were just giving me more of the same fixes which have not worked. I'll try plugging it into another windoze machine tomorrow and see if any of them will recognise it as a drive so I can get the data off it. It's got all the latest firmware on it already. Bit more faffing and I'll go for a hard reset, would rather get the latest data off it first though.

It's more likely an issue on the Microsoft side rather than the Garmin side actually, just might need to do the hard reset to pursuade the laptop it's plugged in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Dear Krusty,
    I did a very important activity this morning which was 18 miles with 3 x 5k at MP. It seemed to upload as normal but then I couldn't find it in Garmin connect. I found the details still on my watch (normally the file is deleted from the watch after upload- luckily I managed to jot down the basic details). I tried a manual upload but GC could not find any new activities....so I created a false activity by starting the watch on the balcony for a minute and the ANT agent uploaded this activity as normal....I was hoping the 18 miler would get uploaded at the same time but now it is gone from the watch and not appearing on GC either. Any ideas on what I can do? Where could I maybe find the file on my laptop?

Bear in mind you are talking to someon who is completely computer illiterate :p

Many Thanks

Meno.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭fungirl1

Hi allAm training for my first marathon and need something to track distance and time. Have been using run keeper on my iPhone but:
    1 it's wildly inaccurate
    2 battery life will be an issue on long run

Am a bit of a technophobe a friend bought me a timex ironman about a year ago and I can't use it it's too complicated. Need something with gps and ideally (but not essential) would do mile splits.Thanks

FG

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

menoscemo wrote: »
    Dear Krusty,
    I did a very important activity this morning which was 18 miles with 3 x 5k at MP. It seemed to upload as normal but then I couldn't find it in Garmin connect. I found the details still on my watch (normally the file is deleted from the watch after upload- luckily I managed to jot down the basic details). I tried a manual upload but GC could not find any new activities....so I created a false activity by starting the watch on the balcony for a minute and the ANT agent uploaded this activity as normal....I was hoping the 18 miler would get uploaded at the same time but now it is gone from the watch and not appearing on GC either. Any ideas on what I can do? Where could I maybe find the file on my laptop?

Bear in mind you are talking to someon who is completely computer illiterate :p

Many Thanks

Meno.

Thats happened to me before and they magically reappear. Why do you have it set to delete activities after upload?

Advertisement