Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Megathread-Ask your questions here-See post 1 on how to search thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

The 110 is 123 sterling on Amazon, is that the best value around ?
    Hmm.. I think the 110 was around €130 in either Wheelworx or Amphibian King recently, but I could be wrong. The 305 is probably still better value on Amazon.co.uk.

*Edit*: Here you go. €129 from Amphibian King

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

Hi guys,just a quickie. 305,how would i change the week start day from a sunday to monday.Cheers in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Hmm.. I think the 110 was around €130 in either Wheelworx or Amphibian King recently, but I could be wrong. The 305 is probably still better value on Amazon.co.uk.

*Edit*: Here you go. €129 from Amphibian King

Saw that just after i posted that, i think i'l buy local !

Hi guys,just a quickie. 305,how would i change the week start day from a sunday to monday.Cheers in advance
    No takers:confused:

No takers:confused:
    You mean to look at your weekly totals on the watch itself, based on having the week start on a Monday instead of a Sunday? Looks like it may be hard-coded for the Sunday (US-style). Most folks would upload their runs to another application (like Garmin Connect, Training Centre, Training peaks etc.), so it generally isn't an issue.

By the way, the Android App 'Garmin Fit' suffers a similar problem, as weekly totals are based on starting on a Sunday. Annoying. But you can customize it in Garmin connect.

• Advertisement

Yeah,cheers for that. I see on training centre and garmin connect,the weeks start with sunday also? Forgive my ignorance,im a new garmin user

Yeah,cheers for that. I see on training centre and garmin connect,the weeks start with sunday also? Forgive my ignorance,im a new garmin user
    In Training Centre:
    [View] [First Day of Week] [Monday]

In Garmin Connect:
    [Settings] - Top right of screen
    [Display Preferences]
    [First Day of Week]
    Monday

Cheers for that.Got it sorted in GC,couldnt figure it in TC,dont use it anyways

Cheers for that.Got it sorted in GC,couldnt figure it in TC,dont use it anyways
    You might be using an older version of TC that doesn't have this option. Mine is 3.6.5, however, like you, I don't really use it. I just have it there as a backup of my activities (in case Garmin Connect goes Kaput some day, or I want to transfer my history to some other tool).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Anywhere in Dublin that I can get a HRM? Mine appears to be dead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

my friend:o did a timed HR test on a track the other day and when he was finished he noticed that he had his garmin on biking rather than running,is there a way to change the data back into running so my fiend can get his HR and mile splits....

Anywhere in Dublin that I can get a HRM? Mine appears to be dead.
    Are you sure it's not the battery? Amazon is your best bet. You'll pay a premium to buy it in an Irish store. If you can get it from the US, it will be far cheaper.

ultraman1 wrote: »
    my friend:o did a timed HR test on a track the other day and when he was finished he noticed that he had his garmin on biking rather than running,is there a way to change the data back into running so my fiend can get his HR and mile splits....
    Hi ultraman1, which watch do you have? Far as I know, havinh a different sport selected should only change the data fields displayed and the method for calculating calories burnt. HR data and splits should still be there. Do you have a link to your 'friends' activity in Garmin Connect?

Hi ultraman1, which watch do you have? Far as I know, havinh a different sport selected should only change the data fields displayed and the method for calculating calories burnt. HR data and splits should still be there. Do you have a link to your 'friends' activity in Garmin Connect?
    305 ......
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/130539130......

S'funny, your friend has the same login account as you!
    It's definitely missing the splits (but then you knew that already!). Are you sure you haven't turned off automatic splits? you can still switch it to 'running' in Garmin Connect, but that won't really do anything for you, except swap the measurements from average speed to pace.

What splits were you looking for? You can throw it into Sportstracks and manually get the splits from there, but getting the splits into Garmin connect, would be very difficult.

Here's the half mile splits from Sportstracks.

thanks 4 dat kc the mile splits wil do as i can use my av hr to retest again,......my friend has trouble cutin and pastin and has the propensity to fart up anything he touches so i prob wont tell him a bout sports track;)

ultraman1 wrote: »
    thanks 4 dat kc the mile splits wil do as i can use my av hr to retest again,......my friend has trouble cutin and pastin and has the propensity to fart up anything he touches so i prob wont tell him a bout sports track;)
    Mile splits...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Are you sure it's not the battery? Amazon is your best bet. You'll pay a premium to buy it in an Irish store. If you can get it from the US, it will be far cheaper.

Battery in it was only a couple of months old. Put a new one in anyway and no life whatsoever from it. Will buy another new battery and try that. Don't really want to wait for it to be delivered, never actually seen them on sale in an Irish store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭DogSlySmile

My 305 isn't recognised by my computer! :mad: When I plug it in with the usb connection it starts to charge fine but a message pops up saying the usb "has not been recognised" so I cant upload anything to garmin connect. Apparently garmin drivers aren't installed on my computer which caused the problem, but I downloaded and installed new drivers and it still wont work. Tried it on a different computer, installed the drivers etc and it wont work on that one either. Any idea's?

Oh and my 110 works/uploads fine:confused:

My 305 isn't recognised by my computer! :mad: When I plug it in with the usb connection it starts to charge fine but a message pops up saying the usb "has not been recognised" so I cant upload anything to garmin connect. Apparently garmin drivers aren't installed on my computer which caused the problem, but I downloaded and installed new drivers and it still wont work. Tried it on a different computer, installed the drivers etc and it wont work on that one either. Any idea's?

Oh and my 110 works/uploads fine:confused:
    Can you try someone else's 305 USB cable? After that you might want to try a Hard reset. After that, you might want to send it back to Garmin.

• Advertisement

Can you try someone else's 305 USB cable? After that you might want to try a Hard reset. After that, you might want to send it back to Garmin.

Hmm... dont think I know anybody else with a 305. Do you think I could try it with a different cable (not made by garmin) that has the same cable ends/connectors? Surely they all do the same job!

EDIT: I tried that using my mp3 charger, it recognised the gps but in the middle of uploading to garmin connect it cancelled and said there is no garmin device connected. Plugged it out and back in, and it wont recognise the device.

Hmm... dont think I know anybody else with a 305. Do you think I could try it with a different cable (not made by garmin) that has the same cable ends/connectors? Surely they all do the same job!

EDIT: I tried that using my mp3 charger, it recognised the gps but in the middle of uploading to garmin connect it cancelled and said there is no garmin device connected. Plugged it out and back in, and it wont recognise the device.
    Sorry, I meant cable + cradle (I thought they were all one piece). Perhaps you have a loose connection in the cable/cradle?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Does anyone know if this pairs with a Garmin Forerunner 110?

Mr Slow wrote: »
    Does anyone know if this pairs with a Garmin Forerunner 110?
    Yes, should work fine. For future reference, if you click on the accessories tab for your specific Garmin product, it lists compatible devices, including Fitness Sensors. All of the HRMs are interchangeable (as long as your device has ANT+ and supports a HRM).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Yes, should work fine. For future reference, if you click on the accessories tab for your specific Garmin product, it lists compatible devices, including Fitness Sensors. All of the HRMs are interchangeable (as long as your device has ANT+ and supports a HRM).

Thanks G, I don't know about ANT+ but it has the option in settings for heart rate.

Sorry, I meant cable + cradle (I thought they were all one piece). Perhaps you have a loose connection in the cable/cradle?

Turned out it was a problem with my computers drivers. All is well now and I can get back to over-analysing every run/cycle I do! Thanks for your help KC

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭duffyshuffle

apologies, tried the googling search but all my key words seem to produce different results to what i'm looking for.

I dropped my 405 off my turbo, picked it up, and screen display is messed up. Watch works fine since, just can't see half the data during workouts but no issue uploading etc...

So looks like I need a new display, is this possible, where and how (and how much!) if anyone knows, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭duffyshuffle

Photo!

Only bought a new one a few months ago as last one stopped working after 2 years! :(

Send it back to Garmin. They'll do it free under warranty, or give you a refurb'ed replacement for around £70 if it's not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Anyone ever purchased a Garmin in duty-free?
    Will be traveling to Sydney via Frankfurt & Singapore in a couple of weeks and would consider the investment if I could get a decent saving.

Anyone purchased one in duty free recently have any idea on the savings?

Advertisement