Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Total Recall (Remake)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Best movie trailer ever:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

^ custom shot trailers are awesome, like the Back To The Future one, its a pity they never went with the Green Mile trailer they made I thought it was cool

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Got a serious 'Minority Report' vibe off it tbh... but maybe that's due to Farrell.

Basq wrote: »
    Got a serious 'Minority Report' vibe off it tbh... but maybe that's due to Farrell.

I like Farrell, he might be a bit of a dick in real life but he's a charismatic actor, and he was fcuking hilarious in Horrible Bosses, he's been in a few dud movies but he usually gives decent performances, I still havent seen The New World really must get round to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

krudler wrote: »
    I like Farrell, he might be a bit of a dick in real life but he's a charismatic actor, and he was fcuking hilarious in Horrible Bosses, he's been in a few dud movies but he usually gives decent performances, I still havent seen The New World really must get round to it.
    Yeah, I like him too..

.. he was even damn good in 'Fright Night, which was hugely under-rated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

I cannot possibly see how this is gonna make sense.
    The main point of the original I thought was that
    you just didnt know if he was dreaming or not

They are hardly going to use the same thing??:confused:

Anyway, **** you Hollywood, make an original film every now and then and I might actually go to the cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭minotour

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Tony, the ridiculously ugly one-eyed alien stops Arnie as he's walking upstairs in the club

Tony: "You've got a lot of nerve showing your face around here"

Arnie takes a look at his mush....

Arnie: "Look who's talking!"

Classic!

Could be wrong here but i think he had another interaction with the same guy that i use in any confrontation to defuse the situation.....

"Relax.............you might live longer", is it a threat or just good health advice, who knows but it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,966 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Basq wrote: »
    Yeah, I like him too..

.. he was even damn good in 'Fright Night, which was hugely under-rated!

He was awesome in In Bruges, his career high so far IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I cannot possibly see how this is gonna make sense.
    The main point of the original I thought was that
    you just didnt know if he was dreaming or not

They are hardly going to use the same thing??:confused:

Anyway, **** you Hollywood, make an original film every now and then and I might actually go to the cinema.

I'm assuming that this, the original and the short story are all similar up to a set point,
    the memory implant
    . After that, the short story goes for a comic twist, Arnie goes for the action and I'm thinking this one will be more of a thriller (playing down the action, but still, hopefully, with a triple-breasted woman in it).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

pixelburp wrote: »
    Well as is the style these days, a trailer... for the trailer has been released. Though as it's the first proper look we've got at the film in action, this trailer-trailer is actually kinda useful

Certainly stylistically it seems to be channeling Bladerunner / Deus Ex more than the Futureworld of the original film. Not sure that's a good choice as it could simply make the film seem even more derivative than it already runs the risk of doing.

Hmm... Seems *very* Minority Report. Visually, at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

aw jaysis! what dya mean we're not going to bloody Mars!
    Me and da lads have been looking forward to this for yonks!
    I even bought a buckah and spade to make some red sandcastles, and Munter wanted a go on one of those 3 titted mutant yokes
    right feck this shoite i'm gettin' on ta bleeding Joe Duffy abour it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

You think? Dunno, someone elsewhere said it looked a bit 5th Element, so I guess 'derivative' just about sums its visuals up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 LoganIn

Its funny you should mention that :)

Minority Report was originally developed to be Total Recall 2. As both movies shared similar themes/aspects/tones. Not to mention both were Phillip K. Dick short stories. This was in the 90s.

Its reported that since the character Quato in the original total recall could see into peoples minds, that the 'precogs' in Minority Report would be clairvoyant mutants. The plan was to have Douglas Quaid (Arnie) be the head of the 'Pre Crime' police agency. But the project entered development hell and eventually just was made as it was. A seperate story of its own.

Its also funny that Colin Farrell was in Minority Report ... And landed the part of the eventual Total Recall remake.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

How the fudge does Farrell keep getting these big roles?

He’s the Irish equivalent of Jason Statham, I’d actually give Statham the nod over him.
    Phone Booth was his only flick that he had any validity in.

Fright Night was fúcking shíte and resembled very little to the original, I barely made it to the end. The chap belongs in Fair City or some equally appalling TV drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Sugarlumps wrote: »

He’s the Irish equivalent of Jason Statham, I’d actually give Statham the nod over him.

Fright Night was fúcking shíte and resembled very little to the original, I barely made it to the end. The chap belongs in Fair City or some equally appalling TV drama.

Utter Poppycock!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Sugarlumps wrote: »

To name two he was brilliant in Tigerland and In Bruges. I really think Ferrel gets a
    Much harder rap then he deserves. Bar Alexander anything I have seen him
    In he's been watchable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

ziedth wrote: »
    To name two he was brilliant in Tigerland and In Bruges. I really think Ferrel gets a
    Much harder rap then he deserves. Bar Alexander anything I have seen him
    In he's been watchable.

he was the best in minority report imo. sensational actor when he wants to be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Kamjana

ricero wrote: »
    he was the best in minority report imo. sensational actor when he wants to be

He's very good in The Way Back also.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭OldeCinemaSoz

It won't be long before we get THE FLY
    with Vincent Price remade with Jeff Goldblum
    remade with

ANOTHER LOSER in the NEXT FEW YEARS.

:rolleyes:

Cinema is GOING DOWN THE CRAPPER methinks.

:)

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Trailer

Looks decent enough

Oh and he does, in fact, say "If I am not me, then who the hell am I?" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Looks great! Was very very scared at first but now i've seen the trailer, it looks nothing like the Arnie movie. Looking forward to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Trailer has me interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Uh... trailer doesn't look great, but I'll keep an open mind. Farrell seems very camp in it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Hmm, looks fairly mediocre really if I'm being honest;

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Looks terrible. Even worse than I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Looks very generic, trailer didn't grab me to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

looked ok, hated the shot of colin beating up all those storm troopers, looked very fake

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Looks pretty meh. But at least Bryan Cranston is in it. He might be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭jaspertheghost

hell no!!! whats next a remake of terminator or commando....leave it alone ye feckers!!!!!

• Advertisement

the cops/strorm troopers look like something from the Mass Effect games

Advertisement