Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Total Recall (Remake)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,206 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

One for the Pointless Remake Corner, perhaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

So being a remake, and wanting to seperate themselves from the original, their differential is to completely remove Mars from the storyline*? Me no likey :(

*granted it's just one trailer - more may be revelaed nearer release

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

So being a remake, and wanting to seperate themselves from the original, their differential is to completely remove Mars from the storyline*? Me no likey :(

*granted it's just one trailer - more may be revelaed nearer release
    In fairness, it's not really a remake of the Arnie movie. And Mars isn't necessary for the point of the short story, it's just a place the main character wanted to go. It can be replaced with anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

was Mars just added for the Arnie one? didnt realise it wasnt part of the original story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

looking at the new trailer, it reminds me of Deus Ex - HR,

any one else?

krudler wrote: »
    was Mars just added for the Arnie one? didnt realise it wasnt part of the original story.
    Mars is in the story, but not in the same way as the Arnie film. You can read the synopsis on the Wiki page (needless to say that spoilers abound. :) ).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We_Can_Remember_It_for_You_Wholesale

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

allanb49 wrote: »
    looking at the new trailer, it reminds me of Deus Ex - HR,

any one else?

Definitely,first thing that sprung to mind,hell he even looks a bit like jensen :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

An embedded version for those who prefer youTube:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

That looks crap.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 883 ✭✭✭moe_sizlak

cant see this working , colin farell simply isnt convincing as a tough guy who could kick your ass

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

moe_sizlak wrote: »
    cant see this working , colin farell simply isnt convincing as a tough guy who could kick your ass

Neither does Matt Damon or Tom Cruise and yet there they are

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,143 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I like the look of it at least. The world in seems to pretty well realised. looks like Blade runner/The fifth element but thats to be expected i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I think it will be good!

I don't think it'll be a world shattering classic, but I'd say it'd be a bit of fun. A proper popcorn movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

humanji wrote: »
    I don't think it'll be a world shattering classic, but I'd say it'd be a bit of fun. A proper popcorn movie.

Wiseman is an absolute hack though, so it'll probably be bland as hell.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,143 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

krudler wrote: »
    Wiseman is an absolute hack though, so it'll probably be bland as hell.

Ah crud, i forgot he was directing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Ah crud, i forgot he was directing.
    The presence of Kate Beckinsale should have been a clue who was directing it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Im not usually a fan of remakes but it looks like it could be decent if it seperates itself enough from the original so as to not compare them but to be able to judge each film seperately.

Trailer looks good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 883 ✭✭✭moe_sizlak

Neither does Matt Damon or Tom Cruise and yet there they are

not only is tom cruise convincing in tough guy roles , he is a tough guy in real life , a real ultra competitive type

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

moe_sizlak wrote: »
    not only is tom cruise convincing in tough guy roles , he is a tough guy in real life , a real ultra competitive type

Yes but don't exactly look like conventional tough guys, especially not Cruise. He's a shrimp :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Yes but don't exactly look like conventional tough guys, especially not Cruise. He's a shrimp :pac:

Maybe but he's convincing enough here for me.Skip to 2min mark for some badassary(may need to turn up volume)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Trailer has me interested.

jessica and kate has me interested ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

This movie has disaster written all over it. The original is one of my favourite films. What is there to be gained in remaking it other than creating some cash but they will be doing well to make the money back on it.
    " You blew my cover" in a Dublin accent. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

This movie has disaster written all over it. The original is one of my favourite films. What is there to be gained in remaking it other than creating some cash but they will be doing well to make the money back on it.
    " You blew my cover" in a Dublin accent. :pac:

As opposed to anything said in an Austrian accent? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

The original is one of my favourite films.

Nobody cares. The modern blockbuster audience doesn't remember what came out 5 years ago, never mind 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,031 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Nobody cares. The modern blockbuster audience doesn't remember what came out 5 years ago, never mind 20.

also, the original isn't going to be destroyed. Men in Black suits aren't going to hunt down the DVD copies of it and bury them beside the E.T game - if people like the original, they can still like the original. They don't have to watch or like the new one. If they do watch the new one, it will have no impact on the original - whether they like the new one or not.

Never really get the uproar over this type of thing. Worst thing that can happen is you will now have two movies, based on the same source material, one which you love and the other you don't. Hardly a big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

Corholio wrote: »
    As opposed to anything said in an Austrian accent? :pac:

Arnie: "Get your ahhss to Maaaahhhss."

Farrell: "Get your bleedin' arse to Mars, ye bleedin' muppeh!"

:pac: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

CONSIDER DAT D-D-DIVORCE!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Pretty good cast though with Bryan Cranston as Vilos Cohaagan.

Advertisement