Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Total Recall (Remake)

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Pretty good cast though with Bryan Cranston as Vilos Cohaagan.

Hopefully he'll say this

• Registered Users Posts: 28,667 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

FrostyJack wrote: »
    The only Arnie film I could see re-made would be running man, but the 80's cheese would most certainly be removed so there would be no point in watching it.

What????!!! You MUST be joking.. best comeback ever! (41 seconds in) :p

That and Predator - definitely my 2 favorite Arnie flicks. :D

(New one looks **** btw.. Generic sci-fi actioner with lots of pretty CGI but Total Recall it isn't!)

EDIT: And then there was the theme to the Running Man show... :p

They better not mess with this one anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

New one looks good, looks like it could have more in common with the original story

• Registered Users Posts: 85,060 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Brought to you by Original Film. How ironic.

A lot of scenes in this new trailer seem to have been directly lifted from the Arnie version of Total Recall, and the plot seems to follow it pretty faithfully.
    Young man, not happy with his life, goes to Rekall to have fake memories implanted, returns home, tells his wife, only to find out that his wife's working for the bad guys and tries to kill him. He then goes on the run, being chased by his now evil bitch ex-wife, and discovers that what he thinks is/was reality is in fact a fake memory. He hooks up with a mysterious freedom fighter type chick who's helping him find out who he really is, and she and him go about taking back their lives and/or start a revolution. Only this time it's not on Mars. At one stage, one of the doctors involved in Rekall attempts to convince him that he's still sitting in a chair at Rekall, and that what he thinks is reality is actually a fake memory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

3 boobs!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Trailer looks fun. I'll give it a shot when its out. I think its release date is my birthday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

A lot of scenes in this new trailer seem to have been directly lifted from the Arnie version of Total Recall, and the plot seems to follow it pretty faithfully.

Once again, it's a remake, so this is exactly what you would expect.

If it was called "We can remember it for you wholesale", we might expect a version of the original short story, but in fairness, that story is really, really short, and your plot summary does not exclude the possibility that they will include the twist ending which Arnie's version left out.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Piss moan piss moan!!!

Who cares??

IT HAS THE GIRL WITH 3 BOOBS!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

I fear even a triple breasted lady may not save this movie, but I hope I'm wrong. Looks like they have stayed very close to the original in terms of plot and even dialogue, not so keen on that and the trailer doesn't fill me with confidence either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

That trailer was such a carbon copy of the original.

But its only a trailer. Personally I think they are purposively selling the rehased total recall scenes to new viewers whilst at the same time to people who saw the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

There is a severe lack of Michael Ironside in this film.

DrumSteve wrote: »

Yeah, I mean. why not back Richter?

A lot of people thought he was evil but, i thought he was pretty armless!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

DrumSteve wrote: »

Yeah but they make up for it massively so with the presence of Bryan Cranston.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

so we've seen the whole film then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

so we've seen the whole film then?

Who, me? No haven't seen it but Bryan Cranston is like a quality assurance mark for a lot of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

no i man we've seen most of it in the trailer

no i man we've seen most of it in the trailer

I saw most of it in 1990!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

dying to see this!!

the trailer really sold it for me.

though, trailers have sold it for me in the past only to be a collossal failure.

i remain cautiously optimistic though!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,287 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

"Colin Farrell plays Arnold Schwarzenegger in the 2012 remake of Total Recall"

The lads over at the BBC are doing a great job.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Gintonious wrote: »
    "Colin Farrell plays Arnold Schwarzenegger in the 2012 remake of Total Recall"

The lads over at the BBC are doing a great job.

Douglas Quaid was the definitive Schwarzenegger if you ask me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

EnterNow wrote: »
    Douglas Quaid was the definitive Schwarzenegger if you ask me

You thought he was the real Quaid?

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭transylman

krudler wrote: »
    Wiseman is an absolute hack though, so it'll probably be bland as hell.

You assumed correctly, this movie stinks. No humour, no characters, no coherent story. Just a series of repetitive action scenes.
    Unsurprisingly seeing as her husband is the director, Kate Beckinsale survives to the very end of the movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

There is no way that they can capture the cheese and atmosphere that made it so great, the first time
    Nope.... Another piece of garbage because THEY HAVE NOTHING GOOD TO MAKE ANYMORE!!! (So they trash better movies)

Farrell and his co-stars and the director are having the European premiere of this in Dublin tomorrow night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Farrell and his co-stars and the director are having the European premiere of this in Dublin tomorrow night

Which cinema?

Source
    Colin Farrell has invited Katie Taylor to be the star guest at his movie premiere on Tuesday night in Dublin. Colin will be at the Savoy for “Total Recall” with Hollywood stars Jessica Biel and Kate Beckinsale.
    Colin extended his invitation to the whole Taylor family to attend the Premiere as his personal guests and no doubt hit the town with him later that night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

this actually looks like a good film!

im not a fan of colin farrell even though he has been in a couple of good films but im actually looking forward to seeing this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

When you think about it... it's worked out nicely that its not set on mars. With the images from the rover landing all over the internet. We all know what mars actually looks like now.

If the effects team associated with the movie made mars look close to the original (which they probably would of gone a red mars) it would look a bit silly because of recent events.

Advertisement