Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M11 - Arklow to Rathnew

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Irish and Proud

bigroad wrote: »
    This project is supposed to be starting on the 10 of oct.I have not seen any sign of work starting .Has it been put back again or has anybody got any insider info on this .The government need to kick Bams arse .There is a lot of unemployment in wicklow and wexford .This project would give some hope at least.

I'm not sure if things are going to slip yet again - some of us on this forum are hopeful this time. If the contract is still not signed by then, indeed it would be time to kick ass - serious kick ass!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

BAM are supposed to be throwing a hissy fit over losing the M17/18 project and threatening to sue. Maybe they should be threatened with losing this one as well if it doesn't start by Dec 1st.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

22 September 2012

http://www.audgen.gov.ie/documents/annualreports/2011/report/en/Chapter6.pdf Page 7
    detailed discussions on
    funding of two PPPs (schools bundle 3 and the N11 Arklow-Rathnew/N7 Newlands Cross
    upgrade) have recently been successfully advanced. Contractual negotiations with the preferred
    tenderers are now in the final phase with financial close targeted for the last quarter of 2012 for
    both projects.
    This confirms the NDFA’s view that certain well-defined PPP projects with relatively
    lower funding requirements retain an interest for the debt and equity funding markets.

Targeted, indeed. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Looks like an early 2013 start at the earliest so. Why am I not surprised?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,397 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I think at this stage in the year that's probably realistic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Lets hope there isn't any snow or flooding, that could push the start date back by at least three years.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Is there even actually any secure funding at all for this scheme?:rolleyes:

The amount of messing around is just unbelievable.:mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,981 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Lets hope there isn't any snow or flooding, that could push the start date back by at least three years.
    Bizarro-world comment of the thread.

Fatal collision just south of Jack Whites this evening. With the prospect of this starting in a much-anticipated two days very unlikely, one wonders how much more faffing around can go on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Arklow Rathnew was pulled by Noel Dempsey in 2007 IIRC (after the land was bought), probably to pay for the €100m a mile Luas line C in Berties constituency. It should have been open by mid 2009.

How many died since June 2009 on that stretch, 5 or 6 by my reckoning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭D.L.R.

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Arklow Rathnew was pulled by Noel Dempsey in 2007 IIRC (after the land was bought), probably to pay for the €100m a mile Luas line C in Berties constituency. It should have been open by mid 2009.

How many died since June 2009 on that stretch, 5 or 6 by my reckoning.

Noel *cough M3 cough* Dempsey.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 iradzen

there is something going on again between Jack Whites and Arklow exit - could it be start of work?
    does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

iradzen wrote: »
    there is something going on again between Jack Whites and Arklow exit - could it be start of work?
    does anyone know?

.....seems like sticky plaster stuff, start date was updated yesterday to April next yr http://www.cisireland.com/ProjectDescription.aspx?id=985

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

does anyone know?

It looked like a narrow strip (~150mm) was resurfaced with surface dressing :eek:

Maybe a cable or something was burried under the road. I thought at first it might have been re-surfaceing where the lane lines were removed as the ghost islands were put in at the dte crossroads and Clonpaddin, but it goes on past this towards Jack Whites

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

slickmcvic wrote: »
    .....seems like sticky plaster stuff, start date was updated yesterday to April next yr http://www.cisireland.com/ProjectDescription.aspx?id=985

April? This is fast becoming a joke at this stage. It needs to get started or else the money will be pulled.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭bigroad

The local td s in wicklow and north wexford need to make a statement about this project and get their fingure out.The longer this goes on the more lives are at risk on that bad section of road .If Bam arent happy with the amount of profit they are going to make out of this project than tell them to f off and get a decent contractor in.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 iradzen

eastcoast fm news:

"Despite assurances that work to complete the upgrade works on the N11 between Rathnew and the Arklow by-pass would commence this year and be completed in less than two years, it’s been confirmed to East Coast News that it will be the new Year before there is any chance of the works getting underway.. Last December, the Minister for Transport, Leo Varadkar announced that the N11 between Arklow and Rathnew would be extended to four lanes with funding of over 100 million euro being provided under a Public Private Partnership, with a completion date of 2014. The start time was pencilled in for the early part of this year, which was subsequently put back to May and again to the last quarter of this year. However Wicklow T.D. Billy Timmins says the delay’s down to getting a signature on the dotted line." :(

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mydiscworld

eastcoast fm news:

"Despite assurances that work to complete the upgrade works on the N11 between Rathnew and the Arklow by-pass would commence this year and be completed in less than two years, it’s been confirmed to East Coast News that it will be the new Year before there is any chance of the works getting underway.. Last December, the Minister for Transport, Leo Varadkar announced that the N11 between Arklow and Rathnew would be extended to four lanes with funding of over 100 million euro being provided under a Public Private Partnership, with a completion date of 2014. The start time was pencilled in for the early part of this year, which was subsequently put back to May and again to the last quarter of this year. However Wicklow T.D. Billy Timmins says the delay’s down to getting a signature on the dotted line." :(

See here for latest news from the NRA's CEO

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055686254&page=25

• Registered Users Posts: 19,397 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Dealys to getting the signature on the dotted line? Vague or what....

Its the preferred contractor ****ing about, basically.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

The EIB expect to finalise their side of the finances in Feb'13

from http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2012/1129/1224327258708.html

"Speaking in Dublin yesterday, European Investment Bank vice-president Mihai Tanasescu indicated the bank hoped to finalise “a bid” for the N11 project, to be built by way of public private partnership (PPP), by the beginning of February. He said the initiative would “reopen” PPPs in the Irish transport sector, and said the bank was “working very hard” on delivering such projects."

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭VR6

The latest posting on the recently updated CIS website now has a start date of 1st July 2013 !!!!!!

Clearly the projected start dates have no meaning whatsoever and one can have no confidence in them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,981 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Hopefully that start date also can't be relied on and it actually is starting in April :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

spacetweek wrote: »
    Hopefully that start date also can't be relied on and it actually is starting in April :)

No doubt it will eventually read April... 2014!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭xper

Candidate for misleading headline of the year there:
    "N11 upgrade near completion".
    Indo maintaining its usual standards.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I'll believe that work has finally begun on plugging the Arklow gap when I see construction work actually taking place on that scheme.

indeed i have lost count the amount of times this project has been delayed

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭badgerbroc11

Noticed 2 track machines opposite Jack Whites Inn. Does this mean that there is going to be a start to the bypass soon?

• Advertisement

Noticed 2 track machines opposite Jack Whites Inn. Does this mean that there is going to be a start to the bypass soon?

i remember them moving electrical poles further up the route in preparatory works many moons ago also. i wouldnt hold your breath its been on and off for so many years now!

Advertisement