Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Howth Hill TT, Tue 17 Aug 2010, 7pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

what time will thing get going at?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Is this still on?

What time are we starting?

Who's entering (hopefully less that twenty so i can make a top-twenty finish)?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,355 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Is this still on?
    Think so.
    What time are we starting?
    Not sure - maybe seven thirty.
    Who's entering (hopefully less that twenty so i can make a top-twenty finish)?
    See here.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 31,055 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

velo.2010 wrote: »
    Can't make it over. Still say its not hard enough for skinny climbers. @Diarmuid will win.

Doubt it. Sherlock is a hillclimbing machine and Mr Skeff has anti-grav.

Weighing as much as a small child only goes so far. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

velo.2010 wrote: »
    Can't make it over. Still say its not hard enough for skinny climbers. @Diarmuid will win.

A4 Rider Vs 2 A1 riders? Diarmuid's good and all.....but i'm afraid i don't think i'd be betting on him :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Sherlock's also the National Hill Climb Champion. If he shows up, everyone's toast.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

el tonto wrote: »
    Sherlock's also the National Hill Climb Champion. If he shows up, everyone's toast.

I'm curious as to the impact of that, its not a particularly steep climb. Skeff could keep it good and close at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

It's not really a skinny climbers hill at all. Someone with bucket loads of power can do a great time there.

Yes, but this is on DNS. Sherlock will be too busy fretting about getting his stuff nicked.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I can alter the thread title to include a time but I've searched the thread and there's been nothing really agreed. 7pm? 7:30?

• Advertisement

Lumen wrote: »
    Yes, but this is on DNS. Sherlock will be too busy fretting about getting his stuff nicked.

I've got my eye on his lightweights.

I can alter the thread title to include a time but I've searched the thread and there's been nothing really agreed. 7pm? 7:30?

I hope to give it a bash, but I'll be out there around 5.30 or so.

Raam wrote: »
    I hope to give it a bash, but I'll be out there around 5.30 or so.

Think that's a bit early for most people though?

Think that's a bit early for most people though?

Probably, tis the only time I can get out to it cos I'm marshaling for Swords later. Yis will have to take my word on my time :)

Raam wrote: »
    Yis will have to take my word on my time :)

From the man who one post earlier said he was planning to nick a pair of wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭thereturn

Does it start from the traffic lights near the school or where? Might give it a go this weekend and time myself to make sure I'm good enough that I won't embarrass myself compared to everyone else on here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

I can guarantee I won't be winning anything Tuesday night. Well maybe the most underachieving prize after the post above ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

I'm sure all d northsiders will be there from 7.

OK, 7pm it is so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Thanks Hermy - looks like a top 30 finish then for me (providing less than two more sign up!) :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

So, who was up HH over the weekend? I was and things do not look good for tomorrow, may have to revise my prediction :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

Assuming I have recovered a bit from yesterday's Orwellian exertions, I will probably have to either head out on an extravagant detour home from work ("why are you bringing your racer to work?" "have to get the phenomenometer checked out in the bike shop" - random technobabble usually heads off any further questioning) or show up later after kids are in bed or at least in their PJs. This probably means 5.30 or pushing 9pm. Slight preference for the latter - is there likely to be anyone still around that late?

This probably means 5.30 or pushing 9pm. Slight preference for the latter - is there likely to be anyone still around that late?

El Tonto?
    yeah, I know. That's a paddlin'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

... This probably means 5.30 or pushing 9pm. Slight preference for the latter - is there likely to be anyone still around that late?

Probably a few amateur astronomers looking at the Perseid meteor shower!

Just tell the missus the truth ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

So.. I haven't cycled for 3 weeks, I 've never been to howth on the bike and I am fat now, I 've gained 4 kilos the last two months. These are my excuses, cu tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

AstraMonti wrote: »
    So.. I 've gained 4 kilos the last two months.

Aahh, to gain even a half-kilo for me in that time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭pprendeville

am heading out now so will post a time when I get back. would love if it was under ten mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭ryan_sherlock

7pm would be good - I'm tight with time tomorrow (getting married in a few days) but hopefully will make it.

It isn't really steep enough for someone like me to stand out a lot, it is also pretty short so it could be interesting. Also, I was eating nothing but cheese and meat (not my usual diet) in Germany for the last week so I'll see how that goes :)

For the next one, I found a steep steep 8-20 minute (depending on speed), 2.5km climb close to the city. Big ramp up for the last 500 meters. 200 meters at 20% (ish). I would probably be using a 39x28 for it!

After this Howth TT, there is an alternative route which incorporates much steeper sections. But sure I'll save that one for later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I'm tight with time tomorrow (getting married in a few days) but hopefully will make it.

Now that's sandbagging!!!

I'd love to make it along to this, and depending on how the day goes I might or might not.

Best of luck to all those taking part.

Advertisement