Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Howth Hill TT, Tue 17 Aug 2010, 7pm

Options
  • 28-07-2010 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭

Okay boys and girls follwoing on from the howth thread, who is in for a boards hill TT?

Obviously everybody cant be suited but what is the consensus as to when to hold it.

A monday night in early september would be my idea, around 7pm, not too early not too late. Not sure what time it would be dark by tho.

So who is in? And are we going to do sutton side and village/church side or just one?

Details of climbs here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055926347

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Sunset 8pm ish early sept, dark well before 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 31,037 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

When we've done these before we generally get a steady trickle of people turning up as they get out from work.

If we set people off every minute and they shout their minute number as they cross the line then there's no need to co-ordinate lists top and bottom, just need to synchronise watches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Great idea, I'm in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭SubLuminal

Absolutely frack all chance of me finishing anywhere but DFL but i'm in like flynn, someone PM me to remind me!

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭DualFrontDiscs

I'm up for this. God knows why ;)

DFD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

I like the sound of this, unless it's the week I'm in Spain (12-18sep). Chalk me down.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Don't expect you guys to change any plans, but my tuppence worth is that last week of August is better for me. But whatever is the best option for the majority is fine.

Now, where's that book by Contador, "how to train to beat 10 minutes on Sutton in less then 4 weeks". At least I think I saw it on amazon!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

I'm up for it too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

I'm in. If it's just one side I'd prefer to do the village / church side (but I think I'd be overruled).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

What would the route be? Distance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭fondriest

Never been up howth hill and can't climb so count me in cause i'm stupid.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

I'm in.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Lumen wrote: »
    When we've done these before we generally get a steady trickle of people turning up as they get out from work.

If we set people off every minute and they shout their minute number as they cross the line then there's no need to co-ordinate lists top and bottom, just need to synchronise watches.

I'm in - as long as the starter counts me down in French and does the whole hand thing:)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

sounds like an idea but is there a prize for last?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

neris wrote: »
    sounds like an idea but is there a prize for last?
    yeah you have to buy the ice cream

• Registered Users Posts: 8,221 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Go on..put me down for this. Sure you'll need a "base" time to compare everyone elses time to..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭ryan_sherlock

Mondays are usually recovery days (racing/training Saturday/Sunday) so not the best for an all out TT, but I may be along anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

I'm up for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

I can help with the timing. I don't do hill TT's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

10mins if suffering followed by a pint, ice cream and chips.
    Try stopping me.

Mon Tues Wed suit.
    Next week good.
    Preference would be second half of August.

Just an idea, but if there was a big gang of us gathering would it be a good idea to dovetail with a carboot sale?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Here's my suggestion for a doodle. Each mid week day for the next 3 weeks. Should be plenty of options? Fill all that suit

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭austinbyrne21

Don't know about trying this out as I'm crap on hills. But I wouldn't mind going along to see this in action. A glorified cheer leader if you will. And plus I like ice-cream, it's all falling into place.:)

Okay guys here is a schedule to keep track of possible participants, if you want to add your username and a predicted time (only if you want to) amend save and post.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Okay guys here is a schedule to keep track of possible participants, if you want to add your username and a predicted time (only if you want to) amend save and post.
    google docs might be a better idea

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

google docs might be a better idea
    Anyone can edit

Ta, i knew someone who was more IT competent would come along to save the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Maybe I missed it, but has the route been decided? Up from the village side or from Sutton?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,221 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Sutton up to the summit would be a lot easier to run. Running a TT through Howth village is not a good idea. theres a set of traffic lights at the chutch and another set just after the church. There also Pedestians crossing, traffic etc.

Sutton to the summit is my recommendation. Its the main road so the cyclists have "right of way" from start to finish, so no marshalls needed at the junctions. No traffic lights either.

07Lapierre wrote: »
    Sutton up to the summit would be a lot easier to run. Running a TT through Howth village is not a good idea. theres a set of traffic lights at the chutch and another set just after the church. There also Pedestians crossing, traffic etc.

Sutton to the summit is my recommendation. Its the main road so the cyclists have "right of way" from start to finish, so no marshalls needed at the junctions. No traffic lights either.
    Agreed far less traffic on the suuton side and as you say no lights. also less steep which should suit some of the newer guys (which we all want to do)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭pprendeville

ya count me in too. Something to work towards as i've been off the bike a while. babies aren't conducive to biking.

Advertisement