Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Howth Hill TT, Tue 17 Aug 2010, 7pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭25sean

17th.. ill be there.. will spread the good word..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

velo.2010 wrote: »
    Thats pushing it for me regarding getting home in the light(no lights for bike). Might have to pass.

That might be the weakest excuse for missing a TT I've yet seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭honkjelly

Back in ireland for some R&R but might head along to this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Can't help on the 17th. Ladies race is on. You'll have to find another commissaire.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

The 17th does clash with a ladies race and quite afew boardsies are either competing or marshalling.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,990 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

RobFowl wrote: »
    The 17th does clash with a ladies race and quite afew boardsies are either competing or marshalling.
    I am guessing that most of us who will be at the Bog were unlikely to be in the frame for a podium finish at Howth (not that it's a race at all;))

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

RobFowl wrote: »
    I'd prefer the 10th but that's why we had a doodle. Majority rules. I don't know what other way one can decide on a date?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,055 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Diarmuid wrote: »
    Majority rules. I don't know what other way one can decide on a date?

What would Stalin do?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,990 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I'd prefer the 10th but that's why we had a doodle. Majority rules. I don't know what other way one can decide on a date?
    It's the only date when you could have had Mr Skeffington, Ryan and Lumen up against each other, so hopefully there will be some fireworks;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,048 ✭✭✭✭neris

velo.2010 wrote: »
    Thats pushing it for me regarding getting home in the light(no lights for bike). Might have to pass.

Recommend a southwestside(ie closer to me) TT up Tallagh Hill some time. Tougher than that climb out of Howth for sure!

sounds like there will have to be a boards tt circuit for next year to keep everyone happy.

theres a nice hotel at sutton cross you could stay in and go home bright and early the next day :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Parents will be here visiting so I don't know yet if I am able to make it. I 've also never done the howth climb, and would be a good idea before the TT :>

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,355 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Can't wait.:)

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Coolio - I'll be there

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭ullu

Could someone post a link of the intended route in something like Google Maps, bikeroutetoaster etc.?

I'm not familiar with the area and went up from the village side earlier, only to see when I read the thread again that it will likely be from the other side. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭tawfeeredux

ullu wrote: »
    Could someone post a link of the intended route in something like Google Maps, bikeroutetoaster etc.?

I'm not familiar with the area and went up from the village side earlier, only to see when I read the thread again that it will likely be from the other side. Cheers

http://www.mapmyride.com/route/ie/howth/764128086690686522

Is that it? 125m in 4km?! This is a real hill climb!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Yep. Its a bit of a kissmearse climb compared to Three Rock. No pub or ice cream up there tho.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Try shooting up this one.........

http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/ireland/kilmacanogue/699128087094546230

...........it's quiet short........

Press the elevation button!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

Should be able to make that. Will it be a 'one foot down' start. I hope not because I quite fancy having my hips gently held by a total stranger.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Count me in, I'll make everyone look fast ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭godihatedehills

No can do, the Swords wimmin are putting on a race that night.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

We did that one last year.

el tonto wrote: »
    We did that one last year.

ah ok. It's a good climb. Might take a blast off it tonight...

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭thereturn

I'd like to give it a go if still open for participants.

thereturn wrote: »
    I'd like to give it a go if still open for participants.
    No pre-registration, no charge - just turn up on the night - it's open to anyone who wants to give it a go ...

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭rughdh

I'll give it a bash. I'll bring me own brick to place behind the back wheel. I can't expect the commissaire (or holdeur de la bicyclette) to hold all 110kg of me and bike on a slope.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭ryan_sherlock

I did 12:34 up it last year... maybe break 12 this year?

Another one up that would be good too - the last 1.5km is great, smooth tarmac and steady steep.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Just a bump to get people to fill Diarmuids start sheet in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I'll be marshalling at the time Swords laydeez race but if I have time I might pop out before hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Can't make it over. Still say its not hard enough for skinny climbers. @Diarmuid will win.

Tallagh Hill is the way to go, some weekend in daylight hours!

Advertisement