Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Howth Hill TT, Tue 17 Aug 2010, 7pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Has the date been set?? And mark my expected time as 1 second faster than the current fastest expected time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

You get a say on the date here :

http://www.doodle.com/r2k5uzmdu4zaefif

We pick the most popular date tomorrow evening I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

You guys take advantage while RAAM is away ... and doing that on his own turf. It's like a World TT without Cancellara ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Originally Posted by neris viewpost.gif
    sounds like an idea but is there a prize for last?
    kennyb3 wrote: »
    yeah you have to buy the ice cream

Count me in. Be warned I expect to be strongly challenging for that ice cream. Time depends on the wind - big wind with me <10mins, big wind agin me >11mins

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Mr. Skeffington

Im in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭sleepyholland

Damn, I kinda messed up the doodle board.
    Can somebody delete my first entry?

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭keano007

I'm in for this. Gonna cycle up Howth later tonight for the first time. I might be changing my post later

Damn, I kinda messed up the doodle board.
    Can somebody delete my first entry?

done

EDIT: You can select more than one day BTW

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

will try get out for this, long cycle to get there so will either be well warmed up or well cooked before hand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

You guys take advantage while RAAM is away ... and doing that on his own turf. It's like a World TT without Cancellara ...

On the basis that there's a bloke who won a club tt up the hill and another bloke who isthe current nationa hill climb champion, I thini that the level of competition is already hot enough for most of the freds here.
    If RAAM was serious he wouldn't be swanning off on his holiers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Morning, afternoon or evening?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Hermy wrote: »
    Morning, afternoon or evening?
    Defo evening - some of us have to work you know and by work i mean post on boards to pass the day

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭MarkG1975

im on for this also,i'l be on my mtb as a road bike is still on the list:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,037 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Mondays are usually recovery days (racing/training Saturday/Sunday) so not the best for an all out TT, but I may be along anyway.

Good move, getting in the excuses early.

Looks like it's either Tuesday 10th or 17th.
    http://www.doodle.com/r2k5uzmdu4zaefif

I'll leave it up for another day

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭jspruit

I've added my username to the doodle with availability. Look forward to trying this out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

Have added an entry. Should be a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

I'm in too.

Still waiting for the boards 'big boned' / 'it's all muscle' flat TT tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

is it both road bikes and tt bikes allowed? also what about some sort of drinks/social gathering after. maybe in the summit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

Seeing as someone went to the bother of dragging SSB into this - I'll ask the question - do the "organisers" have adequate insurance for this event?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,837 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Seeing as someone went to the bother of dragging SSB into this - I'll ask the question - do the "organisers" have adequate insurance for this event?
    It's not a race. Just a few friends timing each other up a hill, with everyone doing it at their own risk.

Yeah we felt an irish insurance company werent big enough, so went for aon, they had a few quid left over after sponsoring man utd

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Will this event be sanctioned by the U.C.I.?:p

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

Beasty wrote: »
    It's not a race. Just a few friends timing each other up a hill, with everyone doing it at their own risk.

By definition - isn't a time trial a race?

Do participants have to sign a disclaimer?

If there was an incident with a vehicle how with the drivers insurance company / solicitor view things?

Under these circumstances, I cannot sanction such an event.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Yeah, what the heck, me too!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,837 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Under these circumstances, I cannot sanction such an event.

Hence, by definition, (and as I said) it's not a race...

I know i started this thread but i ll be away for two weeks from saturday, so hopefully someone can step in and direct the thread and ensure this goes ahead. good luck lads

Ok let's settle on Tuesday 17th, it's the most popular date. One for your calendar.

Maybe a mod could alter the title of the thread to include the date? You can cycle whatever bike you want. We can iron our the details closer to the day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Diarmuid wrote: »
    Ok let's settle on Tuesday 17th, it's the most popular date. One for your calendar.

Thats pushing it for me regarding getting home in the light(no lights for bike). Might have to pass.

Recommend a southwestside(ie closer to me) TT up Tallagh Hill some time. Tougher than that climb out of Howth for sure!

Advertisement